Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Comin' at ya!

If you could go back in time...

And witness one moment of disneyland history, when/where would you go? It can be anything whether it's important or unimportant...You decide.

Personally, I would want to go on Indiana Jones the first night and be there for the opening serimony. I'll think of a better one, but due to lack of sleep it is all i can conjur.
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

• As I said, persuade me.

Re: If you could go back in time...

As far as regarding the actual resort... I'd like to go back in time to meet the Nine Old Men and their wives when they were concepting the idea of Pirates of the Caribbean and Haunted Mansion.

*le sigh*

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I'd like to be at the park during a regular morning, regular day and to see Walt walking around the park, enjoying his new toy called Disneyland. I'd say "gee, mr. disney, this place sure is swell! what other ideas do you have for this place?" And then I'd just let him talk.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I'd be back with my big band loving buddy, standing right next to the stage at the Plaza Gardens on a lovely summer's evening, watching and listening to the great Count Basie and his orchestra, enjoying one more Fantasia ice cream cone...getting goose bumps at the sound of "April In Paris" or "One O'Clock Jump".

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

11:23am, 14 June 1976.

Seems like as good a time as any.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

"Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Disney Gram

I'd like to go back to the days when you could watch the fireworks from the carousel in Fantasyland...nothing shut down. When people did not gather hours before a parade...when you could park your car close to the park entrance, when ALL characters walked all over the park, there were no special areas for pictures and autographs, you just ran into them and pictures/autographs just happened.
    Sharon
    Next Trip - Nov. 13-19 2011

• Hiding in the shadows

I'd like to go back to my childhood days in Disneyland, when I could (and would) spend almost all day in tomorrowland riding Mission to Mars, Inner Space, People mover, etc. I guess the best times I remember was when I was 10 or 12 so lets say, I'd like to go back for my 10th birthday, May 1982.

• Incognito

Blog Entries

I'd love to go back and see the "new" Tomorrowland opening day. 1967 that is. I could only imagine the excitement of a brand new re-done Tomorrowland, with so much movement and color, with the promise of a great big beautiful tomorrow.

• my two sunshines

I always said I would like to go to opening day, but my Dad was there on opening day (working as an undercover police) and he said it was just hot, drinking fountains mostly didn't work, cause it was so hot and the asphalt wasn't done it smelled - very little shade and it was crowded (as crowded as DL was in those days)

soooooooooooo I would think I'd want to visit a few times in history - in the mid 60's with ticket books and when people went out they dressed for it

Mid-70's cause I had a blast as a teen there and it was a safe place to have fun - I also remember that a ton of teens went during this time, it was the place to hang out

Early 90's - so I can take my two kids when they thought DL was fun

Mid 90's - kids still thought it was fun

now I'd like to go into the future to 2020 (any date) to see whats been fixed, done better or did they go retro and bring back some classics

• World Traveler

I'd love to go back when Walt was walking around the park and try to meet him.

• Disneyland is your land.

If I could go back in time I would first go back to 1955 and see what the park was like. Then I would go through each of the decades watching it evolve into what it is today. Just watching the technology evolve in the park would be neat.

If I couldn't do that I would go back to Disneyland when I was a kid and get to see it all for the first time. I've always wished I could see Disneyland from a kids perspective again (and in some ways I can even today), but it would be fun to just go back and see it all for the first time and just be in awe, ya know?!
    Class of 2005...

• Beep Beep!

I'd like to go back to a year ago when my wife had tears in her eyes after seeing Fantasmic for the first time, it was a perfect day at the resort.
    HDAlien

-----------------------------------------------------
    "I dream of the day when you can go to a drive through, purchase alcohol, tobacco, and bullets, and use them all before you get home" -- Dogbert

• Choosy Moms Choose Jeff

I think I would love to go back in time when they shot all of the "Disneyland after Dark" shots in the park. I realize that Walt was never in the park during the scenes that make him look like he's there, (Ordering popcorn, in front of the Star Jets, In front of the Plaza Gardens), but I would still love to see everything that was going on.

I believe it was sometime in 1962.

I would also love to be there some morning when Walt was walking the park. What a thrill it would have been to see him in the parks.

• Comin' at ya!

I'd probably want to go back to old tomorrowland and ride the things I never/will never get a chance too.
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast