Thread: Grand Finale?

Question Grand Finale?

OK, I've been meaning to post this question for some time now, and I keep forgetting.

For all of you who have seen the advertisement below, what does it mean? :confused:

http://miceage.skyfirehosting.com/al...al051005kk.jpg

In case the link doesn't work, it says "A Grand Finale from Start to Finish." That makes it sound like Disneyland is done, closing, over. I know it's supposed to tie in to the 50th, and I'm probably misreading it, so can someone explain it to me?

• My Own Oasis

I haven't personally seen this ad anywhere. It's probably not widely distrubuted. I'd say that this doesn't mean that Disneyland is "finished". I think this is just a case of bad ad design and nothing more.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries
    I kind of took it as this: The grand finale is usually the best part of a show, and it's usually at the end. (Hence the term finale). I think what they're trying to say is that the whole celebration is going to be awesome, not just the end.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

I read this to be a reference to a "Grand Finale" for your vacation. Also, many people wait for say, the Grand Finale of Fireworks. It could also be understood that this means that you will have that exciting feeling during your entire stay with Disney, not just when anticipating the finale of the fireworks display. It's not a phrase I thought they would have used but apparently they have.

• Hooterville, USA

Yeah, I take it to mean that your trip to DL will be the best part of the show the whole time you are there.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries
    I've seen that ad before and it got me pondering the same thing. I think it's just that even though Disneyland has been so magical and wonderful these past years, that the celebration now will be the biggest and bestest ever, and that the magical 50th stuff will stay as wonderful for the full year, or however long the celebration is lasting.

• done

Quote Originally Posted by Belgarion42
    OK, I've been meaning to post this question for some time now, and I keep forgetting.

For all of you who have seen the advertisement below, what does it mean? :confused:

http://miceage.skyfirehosting.com/al...al051005kk.jpg

In case the link doesn't work, it says "A Grand Finale from Start to Finish." That makes it sound like Disneyland is done, closing, over. I know it's supposed to tie in to the 50th, and I'm probably misreading it, so can someone explain it to me?
    I've seen the billboard in a number of places. It refers to the new fireworks show.

Thanks!

Thank you everyone.

All of these answers make some sense at least, though it doesn't seem like the marketing people did a very good job of maiing this a clear and compelling message. If anything, it's confusing and (for some) disturbing. But at least I now have some alternatives to my initial reading of it.