Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Disney says that Superstar Limo is "infamous"

I am still blown away that a ride like Superstar Limo actually got greenlit and built.

• Special Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    Had a chance to check out the latest CM Reference Guide
    Those guides are meant for Cast Members only. The information provided inside should not be posted online.

• 88 mph

I really like how Disney hires the poeple that created the concept of that ride. Hmmm lets put in a STATIONARY UN-UPDATABLE ride about the MOVIE BUSINESS! I'm sure it isn't going to change at all. These actors are always and will be famous and active.

I could do that too. Disney should be paying me thousands!

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary... Impossible is nothing."
    -Adidas
    Quote Originally Posted by KISSman View Post
    In the grand scope of life, there's nothing actually cool about being knowledgeable about an amusement park.

• Gumball Rally Godfather

Quote Originally Posted by MrLiver View Post
    Those guides are meant for Cast Members only. The information provided inside should not be posted online.
    Well, it's Disneyland, not the CIA. I seriously doubt that anybody is going to be impacted by this info.
    Charlie
    MiceChat User #1037

• Minion

And why would Disney tell their cast members something in those guides that the company wouldn't want them relaying the message to guests? And besides, calling SSL infamous is being very polite.

Quote Originally Posted by Y more J View Post
    I really like how Disney hires the poeple that created the concept of that ride. Hmmm lets put in a STATIONARY UN-UPDATABLE ride about the MOVIE BUSINESS! I'm sure it isn't going to change at all. These actors are always and will be famous and active.

I could do that too. Disney should be paying me thousands!
    Yeah, well Cher is always going to have a following. But very risky putting DREW CAREY, who had fifteen minutes written all over him. And yeah, other B-Listers like Tim Allen should've been avoided as well. But yeah, just wasn't a good idea. It's funny, all they had to do to refurb this AA was put rubber yellow suits on them.

• All you need is LOVE

Thats funny

• Special Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Circarama View Post
    Well, it's Disneyland, not the CIA. I seriously doubt that anybody is going to be impacted by this info.
    I know. And breaking the rules is cool too.

I get it.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

During the DCA AP preview days we waited hour and a half to ride this 'infamous ride' . It just makes me want to cry thinking about my lost 90 minutes.

• Me and Tommy Kirk

Mr. Liver, I sure hope you're keeping up on ALL the suspicious posts! I know I've seen many a blackmarket backstage photo splattered across these pages. There are even people who sneak into attractions and use flash photography...

Boy, you're going to be busy.

• Special Agent

Quote Originally Posted by 2DieFR View Post
    And why would Disney tell their cast members something in those guides that the company wouldn't want them relaying the message to guests?
    I honestly don't know - but I do know that Disney tells their cast members not to distribute those guides to guests.

I think it's far too easy for some to criticize cast members when their unwillingness to follow the rules distracts from their own personal desires. Yet for some reason when a Cast Member breaks the rules in a way that serves their own selfish interest - all too many are willing to jump on board.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Even dictionary.com agrees:

Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

I'll never forget my first ride on it during a Preview night. I was all alone in my "limo" and as I turned the final corner and stopped to unload...I just sat and stared for a brief second at the Cast Member standing there.

She must have recognized what my face was saying, because she just understandingly nodded and said in a very somber tone..."Yeah. I know."

I didn't say a word. I just got up and walked away...knowing that there were at least 2 people in the world that knew it was a stinker.

• Sock Puppet

OH NO! Have we committed a moral sin? Should we kill ourselves now? Does it really matter? The better question is who freaking cares?!

• Santa Barbara, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Hench View Post
    Yeah, well Cher is always going to have a following. But very risky putting DREW CAREY, who had fifteen minutes written all over him. And yeah, other B-Listers like Tim Allen should've been avoided as well. But yeah, just wasn't a good idea. It's funny, all they had to do to refurb this AA was put rubber yellow suits on them.
    They originally wanted bigger names that would be "honored" to be in a Disney ride, but realized they would have to pay them instead. The names they got are mostly obligated as they were at ABC or affiliated with the Company. Drew, Tim, Whoopi are all Disney affil. live action "Characters".
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast