Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by sediment
    That's the TDA building, formerly Global Van Lines.
    Formerly the best parking lot to drink beer and watch the fireworks from! Aah, youth...

• e komo mai

Gosh, you guys have good eyes. I'm still discovering new stuff each time I look at my desktop.

• 0 to 200 mph in 1 second!

How funny; I did the same project about a month ago. I downloaded scores of tiles and stitched them together in Photoshop. My finished image is 72 x 94 inches! After I was finished I cropped and resized several different versions and images, the largest being the one I mentioned above, and the smallest being 10-inch wide images of each park. My largest park images are 36 inches wide. My images are jpegs and tiffs (you'll need the files in tiff format to have them printed at Kinkos), and the files are so large (and resolution so high) that it takes several CD ROMs to hold them all (two disks to hold the original, full-sized image).

Believe me, this was a LOT of work!

I also have an older black and white of the same area taken before they broke ground for DCA, showing the old parking lot and the RV park. This image is 14.5 x18.5 inches, and also jpeg and tiff formats, but not nearly as high resolution.
    Last edited by speederscout; 06-01-2005 at 01:30 PM. Reason: text addition

I don't know if anyone mentioned this, but the site www.terraserver-usa.com provides the satellite view of the entire country with some areas "urban areas" being in color and in good quality.
    In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

i got a a couple questions

1) there is an entrence i always see going to DL. it looks in the aerial as if it goes underground. its north of the guest drop off.

2) and what exactly goes on in the TDA building

• Rainicorn.

Quote Originally Posted by Treat
    i got a a couple questions

1) there is an entrence i always see going to DL. it looks in the aerial as if it goes underground. its north of the guest drop off.

2) and what exactly goes on in the TDA building
    It's where Disney management is. They take care of biznaz in that building; Ouimet's offices are there.
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

1) Former CM entrance and service road (goes under DLRR tracks between Primeaval World and Grand Canyon Diaramas) to backstage area. also known as "Harbor Point".

2) Casting, Disney University, Sales and Marketing, Exectutive Offices, Cryogenic Refridgeration Unit.

• 0 to 200 mph in 1 second!

LOL@Cryogenic Refridgeration Unit!

• CM for 4 years!

Quote Originally Posted by Niyxstyx
    I don't know if anyone mentioned this, but the site www.terraserver-usa.com provides the satellite view of the entire country with some areas "urban areas" being in color and in good quality.
    Not just urban areas. My boyfriend is a hick from Georgia, and their farmhouse out in the middle of nowhere was on the Terra Server in FULL COLOR. Pretty close up too. Lots of forests and grass and not much else.

But my little OC suburb is still all in fuzzy black and white!
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries
    Great Shots. I have an overhead satalite veiw of my house from a site. You can tell it was summer and see my car!!!
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• Small Projects Team

Re: Disneyland from Above

Here's a program that will blow your mind away if you havn't seen it. It is where that exact pic of DLR came from, and it is way better than the normal google maps http://earth.google.com/

just get the free version

wasn't there someone seeling posters of this and wdw once? I would havesworn that some one on MC posted the link awhile ago. Or maybe it was in one of Al's or Kevin's articles.

• Who's your DaddyB?

Quote Originally Posted by mattjbhs
    Here's a program that will blow your mind away if you havn't seen it. It is where that exact pic of DLR came from, and it is way better than the normal google maps http://earth.google.com/

just get the free version
    I don't think that original url from the first post came from google earth, or even from the same time period. Google earth is 3d (kinda') and the satellite view from the original post is quite a bit older than Google's images (space mountain is all white in google earth, and Autopia is walled off).

I think someone was selling printouts of the larger satellite image on ebay for a while. I don't know if why they stopped but we could conjecture.
    ---------------------------------------------

a walk around the park... Star Tours, Nemo, Fantasyland, Frontierland, DCA... and more!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12