Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• e komo mai

Thumbs up Disneyland from Above

I don't know the person who runs this site but these photos make me happy.

Disneyland pictures from a satellite or from a plane.

Love it.

Just thought I'd share.

• Junior Mint

very cool!
    There's an old joke I just made up: How many of me would it take to screw up your life?

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Cricket
    I don't know the person who runs this site but these photos make me happy.

Disneyland pictures from a satellite or from a plane.

Love it.

Just thought I'd share.

What's cool about those photos, is the "no fly" zone over DL. I got those pics a couple of months ago, and look at them daily.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• At the Gym or at DL

Two observations -

the roof of the ESPN zone is painted like a baseball diamond.

Space Mountain is half painted white, other half yucky Tommorrow Land 98 brown.

FYI - You can go to www.google.com and type in any address (1313 harbor blvd., for example) and choose the satelite view. This will bring up satelite photos just like the one on the link. It is great! you should go right now and type in your address, I guarantee you will be amazed.

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries
    VERY Cool.... I Like that you make out such detail! Even the "CALIFORNIA" sign in from of DCA.

Looks like it was a slow day. Not very many people.
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• That's Hawt

OMG!!! That is Zan Hecht's website .... he was the TA at a class I took at USC last summer! That's awesome!!
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• Disneyland Freak

Does anybody know where I can find video or more pictures of aerial shots of Disneyland... particularly old pictures, we're doing a study of the land in my Geogrpahy class at UCLA and anything would be great
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

I have to questions for the "experts" here. I'm trying to identify stuff.

#1 Just to the southwest of HM's show building, what is the white rectangular building?

#2 - Just to the southeast of HM's showbuilding, is that Splash Mt.'s building?

#3 - To the north of Roger Rabbit's building and IASW...what is the strange diagonal structure that paralells the interstate?

Thanks for your help!!! (There's more I'm curious about, but didn't want to push my luck )

• CM for 4 years!

Quote Originally Posted by Peabody

#1 Just to the southwest of HM's show building, what is the white rectangular building?

#3 - To the north of Roger Rabbit's building and IASW...what is the strange diagonal structure that paralells the interstate?

Thanks for your help!!! (There's more I'm curious about, but didn't want to push my luck )
    #1 = I'm not 100% but I might be able to go find out, and if it ain't too confidential, might be able to say.

#2 = No... Splash Mountain is just north and slightly east of HM... it's really small in comparison...

#3 = TDA or Team Disney Anaheim... it's the corporate offices. CM Matt's office is on the top floor in the rotunda on the lower left corner.

Now here's my question... where's the train roundhouse?!

• Rock Star Minion

That seems to be some backstage warehouse.

No, that the POTC show building. And southeast of that is the Indy show building. Splash is north of HM.

That's the TDA building, formerly Global Van Lines.

• Official Mice Chat person

This is a really cool pic. It's about a year and a half old. (since TOT is still blocked off to the guests, and Space Mountain is half white, half brown)

• Having a Grand Day!

The one thing that bugs me at DL is the car parks. I hate carparks. I hate parking the Merc in carparks. Why are there so may open air lots at DL? It would be so much nicer to have all the cars hidden underground and use all the freed up space for Parks, Hotels and Shopping districts.

----------------

And on another note, TDA needs to be pulled down this instant. It's Yellow and ugly. I'd prefer something kinda like this:

Yeah I know it's a shopping center, so what? Anything that costs 700 mil to build is impressive, and the Borders store that runs down that side of the building is HUGE.

The glass fins with the stone finish (a slightly darker color than what is shown) would look uber cool, plus if they use the same nano-technology as the center uses it would mean they can have heaps of natural light with smaller air-con.

Does anybody want me to draw up plans?
    Last edited by drnilescrane; 06-01-2005 at 02:31 AM.

Thanks for the responses to my questions everyone ANd you caught my error about my Splash Mt Question. I meant northwest of HM

• Hopping DLR for 40 Years

I can answer these...

1 - Outdoor Vending West Side (white rectangular)

2 - North West of HM - yes, that is the Splash Building. Ride vehicle service, etc.

3 - That is indeed TDA (Team Disney Anaheim) - houses management and engineering. As for Matt's office - no, the rotunda goes to the roof and houses the stairways.

As for the "Roundhouse" - ain't round. Look at the north end of he monorail tracks - railroad on the ground floor, monorails upstairs. If you look very carefully, you can see the exhaust vent tubes at the south end of the flat roof - these are the stack exhausts for running locomotives inside the roundhouse.

Any more questions?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast