Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Re: Why do you love DisneyLand BETTER than DisneyWorld?

Even if Walt never stepped foot in our Disneyland, it's STILL far better.

Maybe if Magic Kingdom even came close to having the same amount of attractions, it would be a good comparison.

As I see it... it's a huge half empty park for no good reason at all. It's been open for a loooong time too. They're due for a really cool e-ticket(s). But they get Magic Carpet dumbo and a laugh floor.

Yes, as a whole, WDW is great fun and I love the purpose that Epcot serves.. but MK shouldn't be a half day park.

Something ain't right.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• I am number 4 of 999

I like how close everything is. I don't necessarily like being bussed every where. I like to take a five minute walk from my hotel and be right in the middle of it all.

• Lowering Expectations

Quote Originally Posted by ghosty4 View Post
    I like how close everything is. I don't necessarily like being bussed every where. I like to take a five minute walk from my hotel and be right in the middle of it all.
    So true - and I doubt WDW guests do as much "parkhopping" as we do!

As previously mentioned, Disneyland has a feeling of intimacy and a logical use of space that appeals to me.

You can also literally feel the TLC. Believe me, SoCal'ers. It's in the air. Even when shrouded by DreamClouds(R).

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

I agree with everything said here, and more.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingSquirrel View Post
    3. Park hopping is easy here, difficult in FL

Why would I ever want to park hop to DCA

Have a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious day!

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

My signature speaks for itself.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• A Pirate's life for me!

Why???

Nothing against DisneyWorld, but...

Because we're only a short five hour drive away from the "original" Happiest Place on Earth in which we have AP's for so we can enjoy it anytime that we want.

It's a logistics kind of thing

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

It's not in Florida, and our "Pirates" is almost twice as long. Oh yeah, and it's not in Florida.

• been away for a while

Carson City Nevada , no it's not near Vegas

Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    It's not in Florida, and our "Pirates" is almost twice as long. Oh yeah, and it's not in Florida.
    twice as long is quite a stretch. Id say Disneyland has maybe 2 or 3 more min Than MagicKingdom

and if the Animal Kingdom was allowed in this comparison then it would be no contest , it is better themed that anything in anaheim , and EE is the best ride ever in any park ever

My Maleficent tattoo

• DL Fanatic

Sequoia National Park, CA (trying to get to Orange County)

Exclamation Re: Why do you love DisneyLand BETTER than DisneyWorld?

Well, it's been said before and even Al mentioned the reason behind it in one of his columns: Better rides, this is because WDI is based near DL. Imagineers have to fly to Orlando after a project's been ok'd at DL. If there were a second, equal base in Orlando where there was significant autonomy for them to make original WDWR-specific attractions (other than magic carpet) there would be more individuality.

When I went to MK for the first time ever last August, Tomorowland (as most of the park) felt like a walk through Yesterland's Tomorrowland. While I still loved and appreciated two of the attractions there (CoP [my mom's favorite when it was in DL] and TTA) the feeling was of nostalgia. In a perfect world, they would keep those two attractions as" historical archives" and expand the rest of the land and make it a gateway to the future, instead of solely relying on the front half of EPCOT to convey that. (tangentially, I actually liked EPCOT's Innoventions over DL's)

Another area that got me at MK was the train ride. This is my favorite ride in DL (you get to see the whole park in one ride), but I actually got bored at MK's when it was going through TL. That section of track seriously needs to be "plussed." I'm not saying another Grand Canyon, but SOMETHING that would keep you in the mindset of Tommorow. and transition you to the present at Main Street.

Parkhopping literally is easier in CA than FL, however, if you tried (and in some cases you would have to try REALLY hard) you could park hop in FL and spend the rest of the day at the other park, not as true w/ DCA.

Quote Originally Posted by missmonkey View Post
    I hear that DL's Fantasmic! is waaaay better than MK's/WDW's. True?
    DL's is tons better than FL's. Just check out the files on You Tube. However, for a really good version of the FL version of the show you have to go to JMAinAZ's site http://www.putmeonthenet.net/myvideos.htm (my favorite of all time is his version of The American Adventure).

Finally, is it my imagination or does Mickey seem angry in DL Craze's Fantasmic sig pic?
    Last edited by Orcatime; 02-07-2007 at 01:25 PM. Reason: I need a grammarcheck for some of these posts.
    Best interview answer: My biggest weakness is my honesty...I can never remember my lies!

• been away for a while

Carson City Nevada , no it's not near Vegas

Quote Originally Posted by DL_CRAZE View Post
    My signature speaks for itself.
    i liked the MGM Fantasmic more than the Disneyland one... but that's just me

My Maleficent tattoo

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Quote Originally Posted by GrimmGreen View Post
    twice as long is quite a stretch. Id say Disneyland has maybe 2 or 3 more min Than MagicKingdom
    Nope. DL--14:32
    WDW--8:29

• 2 ifidibee and beyond!

2 Minutes from the parking structure, 30 minutes from the main gate!

We have been to WDW and Paris, and they all have things are great and make them unique (my favorites were PotC and HM in Paris) The walkways at WDW, if I remember, seemed so much bigger making getting around easier....BUT, Disneyland is home! We have been going once a week sence my daughter turned 1 (she is 4 now)! We have so many memories there for our family. The others could never live up to that.
    "We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together." - Walt Disney

• A Pirate's Life For Me

The folks who go to Florida for the most part like the stadium seating at Fantasmic! and are taken aback about the lack of seating for Fantasmic! at DL. However, the setting at DL really draws you in. Plus, I like the storyline better at DL - MGM's is not entirely the same.

As far as parks go, DL just offers a lot more than MK. I did like MK's Tomorrowland better than DL's, although Space Mtn at DL puts MK's to shame.

The things where MK shines over DL are:

Splash Mtn - just a much better ride at MK
    Philharmagic - fun 3-D show in Fantasyland
    Castle - their castle is awesome
    Size - lots more space to move around
    Rocket Jets - (Would somebody please either remove them at DL or put them back?)

The things where DL shines over MK are:

Indiana Jones Adventure
    POTC
    Space Mtn
    Fantasyland and its rides
    Matterhorn
    New Orleans Square
    Remember Dreams Come True
    Fantasmic

I thought HM at both parks were comparable, and I preferred the BTMRR at MK over DL's, but not by a lot.

Comparing resorts (DLR vs WDW) is hard. DLR is home to me, but WDW just has so much to offer. I love the parkhopping at DLR, and while I am not as down on DCA as some other folks around here, it would appear the next five years at DCA will be quite exciting.

At this point my heart is at DLR but a big part of me is looking forward to my next WDW trip. I cannot really choose, but it is easy for me to see how a WDW vet accustomed to the multitude of parks, restaurants and activities at WDW can be disappointed by DLR as a resort and prefer WDW over DLR.

• Bring Your Own Redemption

For me, I like the fact that Disneyland is local. It's only a short 5 minute drive from my home anytime. I know that it's always there for me and I could be at its gates in an instant. It's like having a nice, huge playground right in your own backyard. It's great. Instead of sitting on your frontyard porch, or at a city park bench, I have Disneyland to spend time in. Main Street is my street away from street, Disneyland my home away from home...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123