Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• I'm Theme Park Happy!

Talking What Exactly Is It About Disneyland That Has Captured Your Interest?

Just Curious is all. Very eager to hear everyone's answers...

I mean I know my answers but I'm curious what everyone is going to say regarding this question.

Include pictures if you like, I love Visual Displays of Disneyland!
    Micoofy Duck
    Disney Theme Park Fan #4,584,376
    http://www.micoofy.com

• Banned User

Re: What Exactly Is It About Disneyland That Has Captured Your Interest?

When I walk through the gates, it's like my reality disappears. There's not an illness I will never beat. There are not bills. There are no family problems or friend difficulties. When I enter DL, I feel like a kid again! I was there as a child and took my children when they were children, and even in November, and they are now in their 20's. It's REALLY the happiest place for us!!! Touches like this make my day!!!

When my kids and I see these signs...we say, "No dance parties!"

Last edited by I Heart Disneyland; 02-06-2007 at 11:27 PM.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Yes... Every time, EVERY time, I first walk into town square... I smile and instantly relax.
    It's so freaki'n crazy... I don't why but It instantly destresses me.
    Even the stressful times inside its walls ... it still relaxes me.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Disneyland? What's that? Never heard of it.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Opus1guy View Post
    Disneyland? What's that? Never heard of it.

Pssshaw, Opie!!!

•     
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Orbital Pluto

For me, it's a lot of things, but one thing rises to the top. Every time I enter, Disneyland strikes me as an place where time stands still. I know that lots of attractions, decor, buildings and even entire lands have changed/appeared since I was a kid, but I still get the same feeling every visit.

Everything else in my life seems to change at breakneck speed. Friends and family have gotten older, some have died. Technologies change even faster. A car I would consider state-of-the-art when I started driving, is now vastly inferior to an entry level car. My perspective on life certainly has changed. For the good in some ways, maybe not so good in others.

To me, this place is a constant in my life that I cherish.

Lu

"Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Astor together could have
    raised money enough to buy a quarter share in my little dog."

Ernest Thompson Seton

• the rum is always gone

the suspension of reality that disneyland provides. There are very few other places in the world that can provide you a world in which your imagination soars, you forget about your problems and stress, and you are willing to suspend all reality and truly believe the world you have entered.

For example, when you ride Indiana Jones, does a thought ever cross your mind that you have a three hour drive back home the following day, or that the curse of looking into Mara's eyes is not true or that the boulder is not threatening your life? No. You believe what is told to you and what you see and are willing to accept it without hesistation.

That is the great thing about Disneyland, you are willing to put aside all your worries, fears and reservations and accept and believe what is before you.

• careful...i'm contagous!

in the paradise city. were the grass is green & the girls are pretty

When I walk through the gates, it's like my reality disappears
    i feel the same way, when i'm there i have no problems ALL I FEEL IS HAPPYNESS! it stems from my love of disney, it's hard to put into words it's such a great place to be!
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

• Why do you keep talking?

I have a unique perspective on the place, while it's fun and clearly above the rest in some aspects, I don't "escape" (especially since I "escape" wheneevr I'm at any amusement park including any Six Flags) I have fun and I love the place (I wouldn't spend $339 to renew my pass if I didn't like it) but I've always been more fascinated with the "how did they do that" on the rides (My personal all time favorite effect is the boulder room on Indy, no matter how many times I ride and I know how it's done, I can't still help but get a HUGE grin during it)

The attention to detail all over the place (especially the older buildings) is amazing as well, there hasn't been a trip yet where I haven't noticed some new little thing on one of the buildings.
    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
    You set the bar I could not live up to
    Tonight the light is breaking through
    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
    Zebrahead

• Oh my Goodness!

It's childhood memories. It's riding Small World with Grandma and Big Thunder with Grandpa. It's youth group trips. It's the birthplace of special friendships. It's the foundation for new friendships. It's Magic and Dreams and Happily Ever After. I can believe the fairy tale because it's right there. It's adventure and Imagination. It's Home.

• Hey, that's not Rose!

When I first see the Matterhorn from the freeway, I really start to tear up. Then when I walk in, again, like it's the first time....I feel my childhood memories come right to me again. When I was young, it was the only time I was truly happy. I didn't have to think about my parents being divorced, or my step-parents, or anything bad. I could just have fun for a few days and that was that. Now when I go back, all I think about is how much fun I am going to have for the next few days, and don't think about ANYTHING else. Except maybe how my cats are doing without me lol.
    It's Robin Hood I want!

Disneyworld 1987

• Senior Minion

It would have to be the rich need for nostalgia and history that covers Disneyland so well. I love to find new things, have new experiences.
    I love it when we take a friend or family member and see it through there eyes all over again.
    One of the biggest memories would have to be taking a high school friend a few years back. Who at the time, had a lot of bad perceptions from all the bad press about the Park and the company. He had not been there since 74'. He went back and had an spectacular time! Then returned and scheduled a trip with his In-laws three months later and had a tremendous time again!
    I would have to say the minute we are in Town Square, the rest of the world is gone. (sigh)
    Tomorrowland used to capture my imagination and interest until the 98' change. I always wondered as a kid if they used the Peoplemover at the Florida Space Center or in Houston (Control) for some odd reason.
    Last edited by Alchimedes; 02-08-2007 at 03:01 AM.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Yeti Enthusiast

If you were to ask me on a purely personal level, I have an attachment to the place. Childhood memories, and deep personal connections.

But if you were to have me assess exactly why I'm interested in it as an adult, I'd say that it perfectly encapsulates a modernist world of hope, progress, education and optimism that sadly doesn't exist anymore.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

More than 51 years ago, Walt Disney unveiled his dream for a "themed" amusement park that would be unlike any other such park - to the point where we don't even call it a mere "amusement" park.

And the place has been the site of much laughter, a few tears, shrieks of joy and knowing smiles for millions and millions of people the world over.

Disneyland has been a part of my life for more than 46 years now - and it was an integral part - my employer - for eight of those years.

I've seen "her" in all her glory, and with her many flaws, the kind you only see in a more personal relationship.

But much like with a marriage, I love her all the more today because of the perfections, the imperfections, the magic.

The original, the one and only, and still by far the best.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Googly eyed

For me what captures my interest is the way it can make me feel like a 5 year old again. I like to go when I'm feeling too much like an adult. The kid inside of me is screaming to get out, and the only way it could fully be is at Disneyland. So I go and get all giddy about it, and just go around having fun, still in awe at the beauty of it. That what captures me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast