Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My DCA Tunnel of Love idea

So i was really really really bored in class the other day and decided i would draw a mock-up of the tunnel of love ride i'd really like to see put in Paradise Pier in DCA

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...eID=1862816842

I know its kind of hard to see it all (and i know the drawings look like a 2 year old did it, so dont be hatin'), so i'll give a brief run through of what it would be like. I'm still wressling with some of the finer details, so please let me know if you have any ideas!

Ride Location: Under CA Screamin', next to Toy Story Mania (to the right if you are looking at the entrance of TSM)

Ride Vehicles: this is one of my areas where i'm torn. obviously 2-seater swans would be the natural choice, but i think we all know that teenagers could make that get out of hand pretty quickly. but if we do larger boats (think pirates/IASM size), then it kinda takes away the intamacy. i was thinking maybe a combination. 1/2 the boats 2-seater swans for the couples; other 1/2 large IASM boats for families just wanting to see their favorite disney couples
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Ride Route Description: (you can read some of the labels i created on the pic, i'll try and describe the areas i'm talking about as best i can)

Entire first long straightaway: Aladdin/Jasmine/Whole New World-would be just like the movie, making us feel as if we're soaring throughout the most romantic destinations of the world (eiffel tower, athens, etc)

Long curved path- Simba/Nala/Can You Feel The Love Tonight-your boat circles a large rock face with a water fall (as seen in the movie), with the lions-in-love along the incline of the mountainside

short straightaway (moving left to right):bambi/love is a song that never ends- scenes of all the characters finding their mates in a beautiful forest/flower bed setting

short downward section: Hercules/Meg/I won't say I'm in love- Meg and the Muses (etched into vases, pillars, etc and coming alive at various points using projection technology) sing, while the starry sky above reforms the constellations into visions of Herc

short straightaway (moving right to left): Sleeping Beauty/Once Upon a Dream-Aurora and philip dancing with animals looking on

large curved section/straightaway/turn upwards: Beauty and the Beast Ballroom scene-You boat circles the border of the ballroom as belle and beast twirl around it; mrs potts/cogsworth/chip/lumiere/et al placed around the room; complete with grand piano and chandelliere (spl?)

upward section:Cinderella/So This is Love- to the right side of the boat, cinderella/prince dance, followed by carridge turning back into pumpkin as clock tower on left side of boat strikes midnight

remaining section you can see in the pic:Ariel/Eric/Kiss the Girl-this scene i'm picturing almost exactly like the one shown on TLM DVD (where they show the dark ride that was never built). our boat circles theirs, sebastian and animals sing to them

Cut off part (long straightaway downwards back to load/unload station): ensemble cast grande finale-all the couples described here, plus others not placed in ride (snow white, mickey/minnie, et al) placed here, im kind of picturing a small world-esque finale with all of the characters surrounding you. perhaps instead of all white the couples wear gold and silver? not sure what song could be played here. i was thinking when you wish upon a star. maybe something original?

--------------------------------------

ok that was super long. congrats if you read it and didnt fall asleep lol. please let me know what you think! i love hearing the input of my fellow MCers!
    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

Re: My DCA Tunnel of Love idea

oops! i forgot a couple of important points:

i have tried to make this both a romantic love boat ride and at the same time a family friendly ride where kids can see their fav characters not yet placed in other disney rides.

therefore, at the entrance of the queue, i have a large glass ball and every few minutes a CGI fairy godmother will appear, beckoning guests to enter (kinda like mr potato head barker for TSM). fairy godmother then becomes a mini narrator for the ride. in the dark shaded in sections of the picture (placed in corners of the track), guests will hear her soft, happy voice giving a lead-in to the next show scene. she also welcomes guests aboard just as their boat leaves the station, as well as bidding them a fond farewell as they are about to get out of their boats. i do this to provide a bit of a narrative, hopefully to give the ride some sense of continuity for those riding with intentions other than tonsil-hockey

secondly- i want to put some mini sight gags in each scene, so that those not there for romance can further enjoy the attraction. for example, maybe have abu and genie AAs leaning in a corner playing chess; timon and pumba crying on each others shoulders just as we are about to leave the lion king scene, etc. again, nothing that would take away from the romance aura of the ride, but still maybe bring a smile to a little child's face

• Not like Crocodile Dundee

Adelaide, South Australia (8199 miles from DL)
    Blog Entries

Can you put your pictures somewhere that doesn't require us to be logged into myspace?
    Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

^ i would gladly...if someone could provide me another option lol...i just cant seem to figure out how to post pics onto the MC threads themselves

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Go to imageshack.us - it's free and easy to use

I like the idea...I've said it so many times before, PP needs this type of attraction, and it doesn't have to be putridly cute. The ride vehicle setup sounds like a great solution as well (though I'm not entirely sure WDI would go for it lol).

Adding on, for the Aladdin scene, carpet could be flying all about the room that that show scene is in (and it would be domed with "stars" in the sky). For comedic effect there, the Egyptian working on the Sphyinx could have that shocked look on his face...it'd be funny if the nose kept falling off, though I'm not sure if that effect would really work.

What I keep fighting with myself on is whether it would be cooler to have Aurora/Phillip dancing in the forest or if they should be dancing in the clouds while Aurora's dress changes colors. I know that Walt particularly loved the dancing in the clouds moment...he had originally hoped to place that in Cinderella, but it didn't work out, so he was happy to find a place for it in Sleeping Beauty later. And the comedic effect for that scene could be the three fairies hiding in the clouds somewhere, aiming their wands at the dress.

•   
    • I <3 o

It sounds really cute, i don't know if it would work, but i do like it
    Is this haunted signature
    actually
    stretching?

Or is it your imagination, hmm?
    Rockin' Lady Adelade of Random
    also known as...
    Dominatrix of Randomness

thanks pineapple!! that will solve a lot of problems for my future arm-chair imagineering efforts lol

i was thinking about that cloud scene for SB too, perhaps stage that in the ensemble cast grand finale?

i like your aladdin additions too!

thanks again!

*meh its still tiny, but it gets bigger if you click on it
    Last edited by dsnyfnatic; 02-07-2007 at 02:51 PM. Reason: last minute addition

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

My Tunnel of Love idea involves a longish tunnel that you walk through for say..oh...three to four hours, and when you reach the end you are fondled by the character of your choice.

My guess is that Tigger will be on active duty for this one.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• Ben

I love idea, as long as you make sure to include Chip and Dale in the finale scene... :-)

The one critique I might have would with the song selection. I've read that when they were planning Small World, the original idea was for all of the children to be singing their own national anthems. The problem was that when they tried it out, the combination of so many different songs just sounded terrible. I would be afraid that the same thing would happen with the Tunnel of Love.

I suppose that if there were some short segue scenes or something it could work. Or if they could maybe do it Electical Parade style and have one base song, and weave the other songs into the soundtrack somehow...

Quote Originally Posted by dsnyfnatic View Post
    So i was really really really bored in class the other day and decided i would draw a mock-up of the tunnel of love ride i'd really like to see put in Paradise Pier in DCA

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...eID=1862816842

I know its kind of hard to see it all (and i know the drawings look like a 2 year old did it, so dont be hatin'), so i'll give a brief run through of what it would be like. I'm still wressling with some of the finer details, so please let me know if you have any ideas!

Ride Location: Under CA Screamin', next to Toy Story Mania (to the right if you are looking at the entrance of TSM)

Ride Vehicles: this is one of my areas where i'm torn. obviously 2-seater swans would be the natural choice, but i think we all know that teenagers could make that get out of hand pretty quickly. but if we do larger boats (think pirates/IASM size), then it kinda takes away the intamacy. i was thinking maybe a combination. 1/2 the boats 2-seater swans for the couples; other 1/2 large IASM boats for families just wanting to see their favorite disney couples
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Ride Route Description: (you can read some of the labels i created on the pic, i'll try and describe the areas i'm talking about as best i can)

Entire first long straightaway: Aladdin/Jasmine/Whole New World-would be just like the movie, making us feel as if we're soaring throughout the most romantic destinations of the world (eiffel tower, athens, etc)

Long curved path- Simba/Nala/Can You Feel The Love Tonight-your boat circles a large rock face with a water fall (as seen in the movie), with the lions-in-love along the incline of the mountainside

short straightaway (moving left to right):bambi/love is a song that never ends- scenes of all the characters finding their mates in a beautiful forest/flower bed setting

short downward section: Hercules/Meg/I won't say I'm in love- Meg and the Muses (etched into vases, pillars, etc and coming alive at various points using projection technology) sing, while the starry sky above reforms the constellations into visions of Herc

short straightaway (moving right to left): Sleeping Beauty/Once Upon a Dream-Aurora and philip dancing with animals looking on

large curved section/straightaway/turn upwards: Beauty and the Beast Ballroom scene-You boat circles the border of the ballroom as belle and beast twirl around it; mrs potts/cogsworth/chip/lumiere/et al placed around the room; complete with grand piano and chandelliere (spl?)

upward section:Cinderella/So This is Love- to the right side of the boat, cinderella/prince dance, followed by carridge turning back into pumpkin as clock tower on left side of boat strikes midnight

remaining section you can see in the pic:Ariel/Eric/Kiss the Girl-this scene i'm picturing almost exactly like the one shown on TLM DVD (where they show the dark ride that was never built). our boat circles theirs, sebastian and animals sing to them

Cut off part (long straightaway downwards back to load/unload station): ensemble cast grande finale-all the couples described here, plus others not placed in ride (snow white, mickey/minnie, et al) placed here, im kind of picturing a small world-esque finale with all of the characters surrounding you. perhaps instead of all white the couples wear gold and silver? not sure what song could be played here. i was thinking when you wish upon a star. maybe something original?

--------------------------------------

ok that was super long. congrats if you read it and didnt fall asleep lol. please let me know what you think! i love hearing the input of my fellow MCers!

i really like this idea! its very neat and its interprets the disney characters in it, instead of just pixar. and i know we'd all love to see some of the disney characters in that park. nothing wrong with pixar, but its dca - not pixarland (yet).

i'd agree with the above poster ^. the music is a really neat idea, but if the ride flume moves fast, then the songs would all get garbled up and would sound like a terrible cacophony. however, if timed correctly, it could be really neat. so, instead of a small world feel to it, it'd be like a fantasyland dark ride, albeit in water.

really creative thinking!
    kingdom hearts <3er

yeah, the music was kind of a concern to me as well. my thoughts on it:

1) the ride will be fairly long, 7-10 min (i think that time frame works for the number of show scenes), so hopefully each scene would be long enough to immerse you into the movie/song long enough that transitions won't be too much of a problem

2) fairy godmother tour guide also helps ease the musical transitions

and 3) i was considering some kind of unique mix of these songs, something like (what some other poster said) electrical parade, or even the romance scene in fantasmic! with the same singers performing their interpretations of the songs

• Minion FOREVER!

I'm not that sanguine about the whole concept, but I love your version esp. the Fairy
    Godmother at the entrace.

As for the music, IMHO is that it should be a compendium of all the major themes
    from each scene wrapped around another piece ala ELP.

The only suggestion is that if possible you want to build some kind of tension
    somewhere... maybe like going into the waterfall at Simba/Nala scene (only
    to discover that it's just the Davy Jones effect with running water displayed on it
    with sound). And then move this somewhere near the end.

Also when Aurora is twirling, make the boats twirl?

Finally, I wouldn't worrry about the sizes of the boats too much. Just don't make it
    a two seater.. :-)

• ...TWO BITS!

how come when I mentioned a tunnel of love, most replys were immediately negative?? the world is funny

interesting thoughts

POST #1700

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• I'm Flying High

I like it!
    The daydream princess

Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11 View Post
    how come when I mentioned a tunnel of love, most replys were immediately negative?? the world is funny

interesting thoughts

POST #1700

haha dont feel bad filmfreak most of my posts are usually ignored lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast