Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Gobble GOBBLE

Most Underated Attactration at Disneyland?

You know the classics that get the praise and love they deserve; the Splash Mountains, Matterhorns and Haunted Mansions of the Kingdom- but which attractions do you enjoy that just don't get the appreciation you believe they should?

As for me, counting down to the most underated attraction:

5) Pirates of the Caribbean - Sure, it's the top of almost everyone's Favorite Ride list. And yes, there are billions of dollars made from the love of this attraction alone, in movies and t-shirts and hats and whatall. But this attraction is SO wonderful, it still deserves more love than even all the attention it currently gets.

4) Honey, I Shrunk the Audience - Yeah, I said it. This much beleaguered attraction is not that great, but it's not as bad as it's reputation. First time riders and little tikes can get a kick out of it.

3) Star Tours - Way past it's prime and in need of an update, this ride still delivers the smiles of another successful Death Star trench run. And now, there is (almost) never a line!

2) Disneyland Railroad - Most can appreciate the tradition and history of this attraction, but as a great admirer of the Park, there is no better way to view the granduer and magic of Disneyland than to take that Grand Circle Tour one more time.

1) Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes - It has the tradition. It has the tour of the Rivers of America. It has tranquility. It has tired arms. And it has no line. When is the last time you hopped aboard? Unfortunately, it only seems to operate 3 days of the year.

And you?
    That was wonderful! Bravo! I loved that! Ah, that was great! Well, it was pretty good. Well, it wasn't bad. Uh, there were parts of it that weren't very good though. It could have been a lot better. I didn't really like it. It was pretty terrible. It was bad. It was awful! It was terrible! Take 'em away! Boo! Boo!

• Not like Crocodile Dundee

Adelaide, South Australia (8199 miles from DL)
    Blog Entries

Re: Most Underated Attactration at Disneyland?

Captain EO: I swear ... NO one goes to see that anymore...
    Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

• Hiding in the shadows

1) Storybookland - this is one of my top 5 rides and so many people think its boring. I love the displays and just dive into fantasy throughout the ride. Plus like I have said before, I love any ride where you risk going overboard with every ride!

2) Pooh - Although I am sad everytime I ride Pooh because I miss CBJ, its not that bad of a ride, and my kids love it. I think Pooh is a take it for what it is and its fine. Still could use a lot of work, but its fun for what it is..and hey I have never had to wait more than 5 minutes!

I also agree with you that Star Tours is still fun and again little line, means a quicker happier ride.

• Senior Minion

I feel like a freak because I truly enjoy Innoventions. Sure, other attractions on the same site were much better then what is there now, but you can seriously enjoy some of the stuff that is in there.

Besides the fact that I can log on for a bit and play VMK, there's also the virtual vacation (although you are BOMBARDED by the Pioneer advertising), the TV's where you can feed the fish, Stitch, you can play video games for free ... plus ride and design your own rollercoaster!

If you're there with kids it is even more fun to watch them go and explore. Oh, and the best thing of all (depending on your age) you can see what you look like 20 years from now.

• I've got the Disney fever

1) Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes - It has the tradition. It has the tour of the Rivers of America. It has tranquility. It has tired arms. And it has no line. When is the last time you hopped aboard? Unfortunately, it only seems to operate 3 days of the year.

I have to agree with this, because I didn't know about them till I was much older. My husband and I really want to go on them, but he says they only run at a certain time. Does anyone know when that is? Or do they not even run anymore?

• Gobble GOBBLE

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch74 View Post
    I feel like a freak because I truly enjoy Innoventions. Sure, other attractions on the same site were much better then what is there now, but you can seriously enjoy some of the stuff that is in there.

Besides the fact that I can log on for a bit and play VMK, there's also the virtual vacation (although you are BOMBARDED by the Pioneer advertising), the TV's where you can feed the fish, Stitch, you can play video games for free ... plus ride and design your own rollercoaster!

If you're there with kids it is even more fun to watch them go and explore. Oh, and the best thing of all (depending on your age) you can see what you look like 20 years from now.

I can not believe you have almost sold me on Innoventions. I would put Innoventions on my Most Hated list, but after you made your case, I feel like I should give it another shot!
    That was wonderful! Bravo! I loved that! Ah, that was great! Well, it was pretty good. Well, it wasn't bad. Uh, there were parts of it that weren't very good though. It could have been a lot better. I didn't really like it. It was pretty terrible. It was bad. It was awful! It was terrible! Take 'em away! Boo! Boo!

• Traditional Glow Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Lilyella21 View Post
    I have to agree with this, because I didn't know about them till I was much older. My husband and I really want to go on them, but he says they only run at a certain time. Does anyone know when that is? Or do they not even run anymore?
    They were up and running New Years Eve. As for a regular schedule, I'm not sure.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by NapoleonD View Post
    I can not believe you have almost sold me on Innoventions. I would put Innoventions on my Most Hated list, but after you made your case, I feel like I should give it another shot!
    Yay! Just go in there with an open mind and have fun!

• 1 Fanboy to Rule Them All

Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room!

• a wind to shake the stars

Probably Pooh, it's the only ride I constantly hear people complain about. It's really a good ride in my opinion. It's no E-ticket, of course, but for a dark ride it's very charming. The way the ride loads outside and then goes indoors is neat, as is the motion base of the cars, and some of the scenes have good effects. I don't know why everyone gives it such a bad rap.

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Quote Originally Posted by NapoleonD View Post
    Still feels like a-burnin' it, says I.

Oh, most underrated: Frontierland as a whole...also, Enchanted Tiki Room as a specific attraction.

• It's all nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
    Oh, most underrated: Frontierland as a whole
    I second that one!

I have two that I feel are passed by too often:

*Main Street Vehicles: There is just something about cruising down main street in the horse drawn trolly or the Omnibus that really takes you back in time.

*Pinnochio's Daring Journey: This attraction often has little to no line and I don't understand why. It's very immersive and exciting to me. Very few things in Fantasyland compare to the Monstro and pepper's ghost Fairy effect.

Casey Jr. is one. When I was a kid, we used to go on it right before the fireworks and the cast member often stopped the train in a spot where we could watch them. That was pretty cool. I know there are better placed to see them, but we made 10 day trips so we saw them from the room (Bonita Tower) and various places in the park.

• Genteel Amphibian

Quote Originally Posted by CousinPhil View Post
    Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room!
    And I would Add It's a Small World, though yesterday that was my longest waite.

i will admit Captian EO was my favorite attraction. They should of never retired it :[ MJ is my IDOL??????
    pshhh i guess

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast