Disneyland for the first time

I am going to Disneyland with my family next month for 5 days. We all go together every year-there are 9 of us going this time. This year will be different because my daughter is bringing her bestfriend who has never been. (They are both 11yrs) She is so excited and is counting down the days! I have 2 questions. 1) Should we try to do as much as possible so that she doesn't miss anything or should we just relax and take it easy? 2) What is the one thing that she should definitely not miss? Thanks for all your help. It's been years since I've been with a first timer.

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Re: Disneyland for the first time

If you are spending five days at the Park, you can certainly see everything and keep a leisurely pace. Go on all you can, and don't miss Billy Hill and the Hillbillies at the Golden Horseshoe.
    I personally would add eating at the Blue Bayou to the list of "musts", although many in here would argue...
    Have a great trip!

• Shubisha

Right, take your time and don't let yourself get burned out by the last day.

One thing you can do is get a map on the first day and bring a pen. Then, check things off as you do them. Since you have five days, there's no reason to miss anything that's not closed. Everything from Space Mountain to the Canoes. Even the little attractions/moments at Disneyland can be the most fun!

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Since you have 5 days, there should be enough time to do everything at a seriously leisurely pace. Just go and have fun!
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• Hiding in the shadows

that is so exciting to be a part of a childs first trip to DL, especially at 11years old, when they can take in an appreciate so much...I am so jealous!

I agree that 5 days is enough time to do everything, and probaby some favorite things twice. Def try to do the parade(s) and fireworks at least once, Turtle Talk with Crush, Aladdin Musical is excellent and I am a fan of the flag retreat so try to do that at least one day you are there.

Above all, let them guide you on what they want to do, even if she doesnt do everything it will be a full experience if they do all the things that were really omportant to them!

Have fun!

• Premium Youngling and

If you are going to be there for 5 days, I would take each day slow, you will have splenty of time. I think they will enjoy all of Tomorrowland (except HISTA), Adventureland, and NOS. I would skip Critter Country and Fantasyland (11 year olds are kind of at the stage where they think that everything that people younger than them do is lame)

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

^
    ^
    ^
    ^
    What they said. Enjoy it and don't be afraid to relax.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Down Pluto!

That's odd... I spent two weeks and didn't do "everything". There are far too many things (not just rides and shows) to do that if you run like hell you may do most of the more popular things in only five days.

If you did "everything" in only five days - I wonder what you missed out on and weren't aware of or didn't care about?

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.