Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• 88 mph

Question for the CM's or Ex

Just a selfish question for me if you will.

I'm attending college in Pomona and its popular for students here to work at Disneyland. I was considering working for Disneyland again since I could use some cash for my amusement.

I've worked in Merchandise for 6 months and got out on good terms which means I can come work again in stores. Don't want to do that again. Now I want to move onto attractions.

Was wondering if anyone in attractions or was in attractions can give me any view on how they love their job or not?

My priority list:
    Disneyland RR Conductor (Always wanted to do this)
    Indiana Jones
    Maybe Pirates
    Monorail

If I can't get any of those, any suggestions in what attractions are fun to do would be great. If not, then I can always reapply later until a spot opens up.

Thanks!

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary... Impossible is nothing."
    -Adidas
    Quote Originally Posted by KISSman View Post
    In the grand scope of life, there's nothing actually cool about being knowledgeable about an amusement park.

• Premium Youngling and

Re: Question for the CM's or Ex

You have a great list of attractions you want to do, sounds like mine. DLRR would probably be the most amusing

• 88 mph

Quote Originally Posted by AbominableSnowman1 View Post
    You have a great list of attractions you want to do, sounds like mine. DLRR would probably be the most amusing
    When I first applied I was 17 and couldnt do attractions. But my friend who was 19 got Conductor. He said it was awesome. I can imagine that it is, seeing that you get to ride along with passengers all day and make announcements.

My only concern is how popular this attraction must be. Thats why I'm worried but expecting that I might not get the position. I just might be annoying enough to keep reappling till they give it to me.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary... Impossible is nothing."
    -Adidas
    In the grand scope of life, there's nothing actually cool about being knowledgeable about an amusement park.

• Shubisha

I wouldn't want Indy. There's no real act to put on you can have fun with and you get to spend time standing out front telling people that you don't know when the ride will be up again :P

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

If I was a cm, the attraction I would want to do the least is Haunted Mansion. Scary movies really creep me out. I love to ride it, but every time I go on it I always wonder how these CM's can hang out in there for hours on end.

If I had to do that I think I would literally go crazy!

• 88 mph

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    If I was a cm, the attraction I would want to do the least is Haunted Mansion. Scary movies really creep me out. I love to ride it, but every time I go on it I always wonder how these CM's can hang out in there for hours on end.

If I had to do that I think I would literally go crazy!
    Its weird. I kind of dont want to do Haunted Mansion becuase people have told me its kind of boring just staying inside a dark room all day walking along the conveyor belt. But if anybody has done it, id like more knowledge about it. The costumes are really cool.

-Adidas

• 88 mph

Quote Originally Posted by almandot View Post
    I wouldn't want Indy. There's no real act to put on you can have fun with and you get to spend time standing out front telling people that you don't know when the ride will be up again :P
    True, but it looks like all rides are similar to that like Space, Buzz etc. The only rides I see that takes a little more talent or act is especially Jungle Cruise, i guess the Monorail? Tiki Room?! Anything with a different kind of spiel i guess...

-Adidas

• Fastest Man Alive

Quote Originally Posted by Y more J View Post
    True, but it looks like all rides are similar to that like Space, Buzz etc. The only rides I see that takes a little more talent or act is especially Jungle Cruise, i guess the Monorail? Tiki Room?! Anything with a different kind of spiel i guess...
    Except for Tiki, according to someone any ol' person can wake up Jose and thus CMs should not whine about not being paid enough.

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Except for Tiki, according to someone any ol' person can wake up Jose and thus CMs should not whine about not being paid enough.
    Yeah, but that damn bird calls you senorita all day...which I suppose wouldn't be horrible if you actually were a senorita...

• Minion

Wink Re: Question for the CM's or Ex

If youre a single guy I would definatly recommend the Jungle Cruise. You will not ony have a blast interacting with all the guests, but you get paid to flirt with the girls and if youre good at it you should have several phone numbers and/or room keys by the end of the day.

• Queen of Sarcasm

In order to work Monorail you have to start somewhere else in tomorrowland. Monorail and Space Mountain is crosstrain only.

• 88 mph

Quote Originally Posted by ExJungleSkipper95 View Post
    If youre a single guy I would definatly recommend the Jungle Cruise. You will not ony have a blast interacting with all the guests, but you get paid to flirt with the girls and if youre good at it you should have several phone numbers and/or room keys by the end of the day.
    I'm taken. =(
    I don't think I'd be able to repeatedly produce that spiel over and over again with enthusiasm. =P
    I'll let the talented charismatic people do that.
    Hahaha!

-Adidas

• Banned User

Disneyland RR Conductor
    I've talked to 4 different conductors and 6 different engineers. The pay is higher than any other regular job and its the best job in the whole resort.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Work splash.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Queen of Sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by barfownz View Post
    I've talked to 4 different conductors and 6 different engineers. The pay is higher than any other regular job and its the best job in the whole resort.
    The pay might be more for the engineers but I know that conductors get paid the same as any other attraction CM at the resort because I asked a friend of mine who used to be a lead over there.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast