Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: February 8th, 2007 – DCA’s 6th Anniversary – Current issues and Hope for the Futu

Excellent post darkbeer! You know, I've been following the Disney Parks for about a year now, and all I ever hear is talk. And it seemed like everytime something was about to happen to DCA, some new person came into the situation to change the plans. So, perhaps you can sympathize with my pessimism.

But, as far as I see it, DCA still isn't going to be a great park in a few years time, because there's just not enough time to complete the plans. And what are they going to do during some of these refurbs? Even more of the park is going to be closed off to the public!

And have we pondered what Disney will do if, after spending millions more dollars to fix the park... well, what happens if DCA is still not bringing in people and still losing tons of money to the company? When does it make more sense to simply end an investment if you're not recouping any rewards? It would be shocking, and a PR nightmare, but if DCA isn't fixed with these plans, what option would Disney have other than to just close it? Maybe it does make more economical sense to make the area into a regular fair type structure where they keep the good rides, and make them individually priced, and add stores and stuff around the rest of the currently empty space. They could always pick up something like Soarin' and replace Innoventions with it (not that I'm saying that's something they should do, cause it's obviously not Tomorrowland material).

It would be nice to see some concrete plans on what to do with DCA, and how the timeline works out. But, I agree, that adding a bit more themeing and another Buzz Lightyear type ride to DCA... well, TOT nor Monsters helped, just as you pointed out. It's still not a good enough reason. They should've just demolished DCA and started anew... cause, again, if the plan doesn't work out, what other choice do they have (and that'll be after throwing even more money into this pothole of a park)?
    Last edited by paradigm4; 02-08-2007 at 01:15 AM.
    - Paul

• Banned User

Re: February 8th, 2007 – DCA’s 6th Anniversary – Current issues and Hope for the Futu

Is the park itself losing money? Does Disneyland cover DCA's cost pretty much?

• time to go

I'm not exactly hopeful for the next four years regarding placemaking and new districts, like Carland. Disney has the opportunity to install "must-ride" attractions in this park, and I don't believe Test Track a la Radiator Springs is the way to go. By the time this ride is operational, the technology will be over a decade old. Big freakin' deal.

Disney needs to return to its tradition of leading edge development for the parks. If there's going to be millions spent on a height requirement thrill ride, why not go for the latest and greatest?

Kuka robocoaster? Or Test Track?

Oh yeah. I'm really scratchin' my head over that one.

"Dope smoking insects and reckless driving always work." -- Cousin Orville

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Ok I have just one question. Why did they decide to open DCA in one of the slowest parts of the offseason? I would have thought that the summer would have been great.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood1939 View Post
    Ok I have just one question. Why did they decide to open DCA in one of the slowest parts of the offseason? I would have thought that the summer would have been great.
    The idea was for the local market to get their fix before peak summer operating season to avoid complaints of long lines (which are inevitable anyway). And if it's a huge success, people will be planning their new summer destinations to come to the park.

That's just my guess though.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Queen Elsa

Well my family is not to happy right now with Disney. The reason is they took away my mom's and dad's favorite part in DCA and that is. Sopa Weekend and The Wave rider A.K.A Instant Replay. That was the only reson why they when to DCA. They don't go over at Disneyland side ever. And all of us are Ann. Passholders. My mom is talking of not re doing them after this year cause of letting them all go. And to me it is making me very upset right now. I love going to Disneyland and meeting the Disney characters and going on some of the rides. But if they don't renew them then I can't go ever again. And I may a personal friend with one of the Disney characters over on DCA side, which is Snow White in Ariel's Grotto.

U are proplly saying how can she be your personal friend. The answer to that is. She has remember me every time that I go eat at Ariel's Grotto. If you look at my signure with the pictures you can see me with her in all 3 pictures.

• Love Dole Whips

WOW! 6 years alredy. I was there on 02/08/01. I should stop by today for thier 6th anniversary.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12