Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

"Golden Dreams" .. the smallest details..

I was just listening to the soundtrack of "Golden Dreams", and noticed for the first time that the Spanish conquistadors at the beginning are speaking in the correct Castillian accent. Props to the producers of the film for the accuracy.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

Re: "Golden Dreams" .. the smallest details..

Being from out-of-state, I kinda liked this movie. Surely, it is chock-full of Disney wholesomeness, but it supposed to be for a wide audience.

I also appreciated seeing a montage that actually had minorities in it--I really liked seeing Harvey Milk and knowing that Disney was paying attention to every detail.

Now accents? Good job, D-people.

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• Defying gravity

I know I'm alone on this, but I like Golden Dreams. I think it's a very well done movie and one of the few things that's actually in the keeping of theme of Disney's California Adventure...well...if there even is a theme anymore....

[QUOTE][Props to the producers of the film for the accuracy./QUOTE]
    From what I understand though, the train dipicted in the film still bears it's current name "Durango Silverton Narrow Gauge Rail Road". Which is in Colorado, and only runs north and south from Durango, to SIlverton (about 45 miles)

So kudos to the producers for some details

I love this movie too, especially the final song with the montage of people who impacted California. The list of people is so inclusive and detailed...I can't even identify many of them, but I appreciate that fact as I'm sure they're just as meaningful to someone else as some of the people are to me. I've seen it a few times now, and I still find it engaging and moving.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post
    I know I'm alone on this, but I like Golden Dreams. I think it's a very well done movie and one of the few things that's actually in the keeping of theme of Disney's California Adventure...well...if there even is a theme anymore....
    You're not alone.

Even though this attraction is, as many people commonly lament, just a film, it's my favorite attraction in the entire park. "Golden Dreams" is a true Disney experience in that it has the imagination and quality that one traditionally associates with Disney's World's Fair efforts and those of the original EPCOT. And, the attraction, along with Soarin' over California and "Eureka!", justifies the existence of the entire park.

"Golden Dreams" ties everything together, and I see the show every time I visit D.C.A. I'm always impressed by the work Agnieszka Holland, Bruce Broughton, and all the other creators did.

It's a moving and memorable experience, and everyone I know happens to love it, too.

• Minion

Icky film. So preachy and politcally correct - -and a totally distorted view of California history. Really strange viewing. Only saw it once at the DCA preview and - - haaaaaated it!

• It's all nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by gardener14 View Post
    I love this movie too, especially the final song with the montage of people who impacted California.
    This is the thing I despise about the film. It just takes corny to a whole new level IMO.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

You are all absolutly right, Golden Dreams is a very good show. Two problems with it. Most kids have a blah at best attitude towards it. Second, it's not one of those attractions you want to go to every time you are there. It's fun to see it a couple times a year, but it is most definetly not a "must" DCA attraction like Soarin' or TOT.

Chad

• Comin' at ya!

What is golden dreams? I must be out of the loop.
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

• Minion

That nice show building should be converted to Mickey's PhilHarMagic! it's perfect for an Arts Pavillion.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Golden Dreams seriously gave me the worst Whoopie Goldberg nightmares I've ever had for like a week straight. *shudders* Never again.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Wink Re: "Golden Dreams" .. the smallest details..

Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl View Post
    Golden Dreams seriously gave me the worst Whoopie Goldberg nightmares I've ever had for like a week straight. *shudders* Never again.

You had nightmares? I saw Ted Danson dry heaving in the back of the theater. I think the statue on the wall was more appealing to him, minus whoopie's mug of course.

Chad

• Special Agent

I think Golden Dreams is a good film. Yes it suffers from repeatability due to the fact that it is a film - but it's educational and entertaining in the same tradition as other Disney classics such as Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln.

I'm really glad that the producers decided to go with the film format instead of keeping it as an AA show. If they did an AA show I have no doubt it would have been removed already. With the amount of money required to produce an AA show - the producers took that money and made a REALLY WELL DONE BIG BUDGET film.

I remember when I first saw it at previews and I remember thinking it was the one attraction in DCA that was a success.

Anyway I'm rambling - it's a good show with good music and big budget production values. Hopefully they can move it somewhere and keep it in the park. It's a shame that most people go to theme parks just to ride the rides and end up skipping these types of attractions now.

• Minion

I am also one of those few guests who enjoy "Golden Dreams" . It's well done and very educational. It reminds me of past attractions that were built to educate as well as entertain, like Circlevision when it presented "America the Beautiful" and later " American Journeys". They showed us something that not only taught us a few things but it also kept it light and entertaining. "Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln" is another example of this. It's just too bad that so many people have to think that stuff like that is boring or cheesy. I guess if you don't have some fancy special effects and popular entertainers in your film it is doomed to be rejected by most of society. I hope they keep Golden Dreams around for a long time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast