Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SummerInCA. :)

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

SummerInCA. :)

Well it's official, I (and maybe my honey) will be flying to CA from June 22nd-27th. However, I feel like such a newb and I have so many questions. I had made a REALLY old post but I can't seem to find it, so forgive me if this is a repeat.

1. We are going to be staying at Disneyland hotel, does it offer DL park views or is it mainly DCA?

2. Is there a difference in the Monte Cristo at the Blue Bayou or Cafe New Orleans?

3. I want to see everything at Disneyland and take it all in, are we allowing enough time for that?

4. Is DCA worth it? You guys are always disappointed in it.

5. Any good romantic restaurant suggestions?

6. Where is the "shed" located so I can take a photo of me in front of it.

7. What's the weather like during that time of year?

8. Should I consider the AP over a regular ticket for the discounts?

OMG There is just so much!

I'll post more when I think of it. LOL

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Re: SummerInCA. :)

1. We are going to be staying at Disneyland hotel, does it offer DL park views or is it mainly DCA?
    I dont know for sure because Ive never stayed there, but I think its DCA or DTD.

2. Is there a difference in the Monte Cristo at the Blue Bayou or Cafe New Orleans?
    Again, not sure.

3. I want to see everything at Disneyland and take it all in, are we allowing enough time for that?
    I think so yeah. Just plan for busier days since school will be out.

I think everyone should go once.

Blue Bayou or Napa Rose

Between Fantasyland and Frontierland. Its by Big Thunder Ranch

HOT

8. Should I consider the AP over a regular ticket for the discounts
    For 5 days? Might be worth it
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Wow. So many questions and I will not be able to answer all of them because I am a local, and the way locals experience the park are different obviously from the way people from out of town do.

1. Don't know. You will probably see most of DTD. You may see some parts of DL but DL has a lot of large trees so you won't see much.

2. The monte cristos are the same. Overrated, but the same.

3. You have plenty of time to see everything. If you are planning on also going to Hollywood or other places it might be pushing it, but 5 days exclusively at DLR should be fine.

4. DCA is really a good park. We just love to hate it! And when you have the original right next door there is just no comparison. Consider taking a WDW park and putting next door to DL. I think we all would be complaining just the same.

5. At the DLR I suggest the Napa Rose, no questions asked. But if you really want to impress, try Las Brisas in Laguna Beach, about 25 - 30 minutes south.

6. I have lived 20-25 minutes away from Disneyland for my entire 38 year life and have never heard of a "shed".

7. June is known locally for it's "June Gloom". These days are cool and overcast, although the later half of June things can start getting warm. I would say in Anaheim the temps should range from 60-65 at night and 75-85 during the day.

8. It costs $63 to get in so 5 days would cost $315. I think there is a 5 day park hopper that is offered which might be a better idea. I am not the expert on this. Once again I am a local and I just get an AP and forget about it.

In any case, hope you have a great trip! If you have any more questions let us know. I am sure that someone will be able to help out as well.

As for me, what the heck is the "shed"?

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Well it's official, I (and maybe my honey) will be flying to CA from June 22nd-27th. However, I feel like such a newb and I have so many questions. I had made a REALLY old post but I can't seem to find it, so forgive me if this is a repeat.

OMG There is just so much!

I'll post more when I think of it. LOL
    I have never eaten the Monte Cristo Sandwich and have wanted one ever since the thread on here about that sandwich so I cannot tell you if there is a difference but I don't think so. The time you are going most schools will be out and it is the beginning of the summer season and Nemo will be open so it will be busy but five days is definetly enough time. DCA is definetly worth it, there are a number of great rides and it is also a great break from the crowds at Disneyland. During that time of year it could be foggy in the morning but by afternoon will be I am guessing 80-90 also there is a chance it might rain.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

I just wanna say you BETTER make a meet or let us locals know when you will be in the park...! I would be happy to meet you!

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Its the things the turkeys live in
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

•   
    • Damn Good Burger!

Quote Originally Posted by frecky View Post
    Its the things the turkeys live in
    Gee, I sure wish someone would post a dozen pics, at different angles, of the shed. I forgot what it looks like.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by claribella View Post
    I just wanna say you BETTER make a meet or let us locals know when you will be in the park...! I would be happy to meet you!
    You know I will. I don't think I could pass up a meet even if I wanted to. Fishy would hunt me down with a camera and flash me with it.

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GrouchyRob View Post
    Gee, I sure wish someone would post a dozen pics, at different angles, of the shed. I forgot what it looks like.
    I think maybe, just maybe....that can be arranged.
    Summer, Im sure no matter what, you'll have a great time!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Oh ok. That is what the shed is. I know what you're talking about now! Does everything have to have a name at DLR? Can't we all just call it the place the turkeys live?

Anyway, I think 90 might be pushing it a bit for the high temp in June, although it is not impossible. I have heard though that they are anticipating a hot summer so we all better brace ourselves!

(For people out of state -- summer temps in LA/Orange are usually somewhere in the 80's. Every now and then they spike up into the 90's and lower 100's which last for about a week and then drop back into the 80's but the highs normally don't go below the 80's. This is why in the summer people should stay near the beach where the temps are usually in the mid to upper '70's in the summer)

i want to go to Disneyland also in june but i'll have to wait till nov/Dec .

I'll be in the World while you'll be at DL/DCA .
    HKDL : Done !!!

Summer is coming to DL!!!!

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

Summer, we stayed at the Disneyland Hotel both times we went and we absolutly loved it! I think you made a great choice in hotels. The Tinkerbell wallpaper that glows in the dark is priceless. As far as the view goes, it depends on which building you are in. There is one that faces the pool on one side and Downtown Disney on the other. We have stayed on both side and on the DD side you can see DCA only, and you need to be a few stories up to look over the roofs of DD. But it is a neat view, especially at night when everything is lit up. Check out Deb Willis' site to get the names of the three buildings, that way you can request which one you want.

My family liked DCA, but we don't live there and therefore were not dissapointed that that was the park they built. It has it charms, not to mention wine! But it is just a half day park for us. They need more night time activites, but I think you should go at least once to experience it yourself.

Have a great time!

• Senior Minion

Like has been stated, the view is mostly of Downtown Disney and a bit of DCA depending on where you are staying. But, what I like about it is that you can literally take the Monorail into Disneyland since it isn't too far away. I like that, especially after a long day at the parks and you don't want to walk ... you can always just hop on board the Monorail in Tomorrowland and get very close to your hotel.

From what I've seen they aren't serving the Monte Cristo's at the Blue Bayou ... but I could be wrong. I tried the one at Cafe Orleans and have to admit that I didnt' much care for it, but it was good ... just not my thing ... although I do recommend it for those who are into something sweet.

YES!

You know, I just started going to DCA (my first visit was in October of last year) and I really enjoy it. Certainly it is different from Disneyland, but it has a nice feel to it and a good amount of rides ... although I have to agree on one thing in that it is not a full day park.

I'd look into their multi-day park hopper options, those might be a better deal.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Too bad I can't join you. Piglet and i are waiting until Disneyland's birthday to visit our West Coast friends...and for me to partake in my first DL MC meet! Wish we could see you there!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast