Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What's Happening on 5/5/05?

Hi! A friend had said that something special related to the 50th Anniversary is happening on 5/5/05, but I hadn't read about anything on MiceAge like that. Can someone fill me in?

Thanks!

Dan

That is Disneyland 50th annverdary and will kick off a 18 month long run of a new 90 preformer parade, giant pictures made up by millions of guests pictures of things like Haunted Mansion and the mouse himself also the biggest firework show in Disneylands history running for the full 18 months, with the addition of a new ride and a relaunch of Space Mountian,there will also be a new parade/entertainment for Disneys California Adventure.

i think thats it, if its not i will check further , your welcome dan from, Daren
    Current DL Entertainment Technical Services

Former DCA Attractions CM

• Social Imagineer

Well, I wouldn't count on anything all that special. That's the day that the Park's decorations will be up for the 50th Anniversary. They are keeping the Park closed on May 4 just to accomplish the decorating. So the Park will be very pretty, but it will continue to be just as pretty for the following 18 months. Hopefully, all of the painting and refurb projects will be finished by that date, but the prettiness of all that should last a good long time as well.

Buzz Lightyear will be officially opened, but it will have been running for about a month previous (for soft opening) and will continue to run for the foreseeable future thereafter.

The new parade fireworks show will premier that day, but both will also be seen for the following 18 months.

About the only thing you can expect unique to May 5 will likely be a very small ceremony either in the Hub or Town Square, a couple of short speeches, some confetti, perhaps a few daytime fireworks lobbed into the air.

If it's important to be the first to see some of these things (the decorations, the parade, and the fireworks), then you might want to be there on May 5.

yah yah i could be there and get a cool scenery of it while its new. hmm poor hotel guests who will have to listen to lifts and cranes all the nights prior to the 5th and the 4th! itll be one big beep beep all night with the park a big cone of light from all the lights around hmm huge opening of Fantasmic! style. better watch and make sure Mickey doesnt get run over!
    Current DL Entertainment Technical Services

Former DCA Attractions CM

• Disneyland Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasmic_Freak
    That is Disneyland 50th annverdary and will kick off a 18 month long run
    Just to clarify. The celebration begins 5 5 05 but the actual anniversary is July 17
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

Thanks for the info, folks! That clarifies the issue for me.

Dan

• With my wife....

Yeah, but WDW is going to have 1000 guys in Mickey suits parachute in formation into the park, Tokyo Disney is going to unveil 5 new non-clone E-ticket rides, and the rumor has it that DL Paris is working on resurrecting Walt and having him give a speech that day.

Once again, original Disneyland gets the 50th shaft. :0(
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible because dreams offer too little collateral"

--Walt Disney

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries
    I still haven't finished anaylising all the info coming out of the Investor's conference, but there will be a big ceremony at Disneyland on May 5th, basically designed for the Media (They are planning live remotes from all the world-wide parks, and the finale will be at Disneyland). The Media event at Disneyland is actually a 3 day event (May 3rd thru 5th). And they will want a large crowd as "background" for the May 5th event. The Media event was timed to be a weekday, and prior to summer, to act like a big commercial. This is the event that DIsney is putting some serious money into.

There will also be a event on July 17th, but that will be the much smaller event, designed mainly for the local media.

Also, do not expect to see nightly fireworks at the DLR for the entire 18 months. The Fireworks show will only be offered on weekends durning the off-season. The original plan was daily, but they had problems gettting the permits (mainly air quailty issues), so they had to go back to the traditional schedule....

• I Hug My Tapirs

Hmm... looking for a large background crowd on the 5th? I'll be there!
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

• What have I done?

Quote Originally Posted by E-ticket
    Yeah, but WDW is going to have 1000 guys in Mickey suits parachute in formation into the park, Tokyo Disney is going to unveil 5 new non-clone E-ticket rides, and the rumor has it that DL Paris is working on resurrecting Walt and having him give a speech that day.

Hmmm thats strange but I agree with you we always get the shaft it seems like!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by E-ticket
    Things might go different for us though. Eisner could end his stranglehold on Disney by quitting his employment that very second that day announcing it right there in the hub in front of thousands of Disney fanatics. Hmmmmmm... Oh Yeah...That would be a great day indeed.
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

• DL Fanatic

Sequoia National Park, CA (trying to get to Orange County)
    Quote Originally Posted by PirateMunkee
    Things might go different for us though. Eisner could end his stranglehold on Disney by quitting his employment that very second that day announcing it right there in the hub in front of thousands of Disney fanatics. Hmmmmmm... Oh Yeah...That would be a great day indeed.
    Still stuck in Fantasyland, huh?
    Best interview answer: My biggest weakness is my honesty...I can never remember my lies!

• With my wife....

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMunkee
    Eisner could end his stranglehold on Disney by quitting his employment that very second that day announcing it right there in the hub in front of thousands of Disney fanatics.
    Happy 50th indeed!
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible because dreams offer too little collateral"

--Walt Disney

• Minion

I'm kind of torn between taking the day off and going on 5/5 but innerspaceman did make a good point that most of the stuff will be going on for the next 18 months. I wanna be there but I hate the crowds and don't want to risk it being too crowded. decisions, decisions :confused:

My family, friends, and co - workers keep asking me if I am going to Disneyland on May 5th. Maybe I missed somthing, is somthing different happening on the May 5th then 6th, 7th, 8th,.....

As far as I Know that is the kick off date for the 50th Celebration, but I havn't heard that day will be any more special then the other days during the next 18 months celerbration. (except July 17th).

So my answer to them is no, I won't be there. I' just go the following Saturday and see the decorations and parade.

Unfortunatly I will probably avoid going on July 17th. The crowds will just be overwelming. I must be getting old! a couple of years ago you could'nt of kept me away on that date.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast