Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: How many MC's, here, have been on.........

i've never seen than one at Disneyland coz my first DL visit was in 2005 but that one at WDW yes i've seen that one so many times and i love it .
    HKDL : Done !!!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Earkid View Post
    Just chiming in that I miss that ride a lot, as well as Adventure Thru Inner Space.
    Me too!!!! That ride will forever remind me of you!!!

Here you all go....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KKz6qdexetY

• Gay Man

Quote Originally Posted by PLAZAINN1 View Post
    On a side note, i used to own the mini poster of the COP attraction and then I sold it to another Disney collector. Now I can kick myself in the rear for doing that, because it cannot be found anywhere.
    I have that one! It was a birthday gift from a friend. I looked and looked for one of my own and they are near imporrisble to find. I'm very grateful to have been gifted it.

COP was always one of my favortie attractions. Being able to spend lots of time staring at Progress City was the icing on the magnificient cake.

I often feel sorry for people who never got to see Tomorrowland in the glory days. It was always the FIRST land I headed to as a kid. I miss COP, ATIS, America the Beautiful (and the phone booth at the exit!), The Rocket Jets in the sky, Sumbarines, Mermaids in the water, Art Corner, Flight to the Moon.....it makes me sad.

me too, NA

all Guests should be issued black armbands to wear as they pass the giant french fries.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I mite be wrong is there was six rooms

Yes I miss it here at disneyland but I still can see it at WDW with the new century room at the end.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Dec, 31

• Happy 2007!

I went on it many times. I've never seen the version at WDW though. I loved it.

I also loved America Sings although I was sad to see COP go.

Innoventions- not so much. I'd like to see that go.

My DD loves hearing about COP and America Sings, and knows all the words to "Great Big Beautiful Tomorow".

• Former Cast Member

Thanks for sharing your memories of this truly wonderful attraction. I feel lucky that I experienced the original many times, before it left D/L. I have to extend a big thank you for the gang at Extinct Attractions for offering dvd's and cd's of this awesome attraction. Now I can listen to it or watch anytime I want and relive those wonderful memories. I also hope they release, through the Disney Treasures dvd's, the 2 episodes from the Wonderful World of Disney that focus on the COP. Keep more memories coming in.

I wasn't born until 71, so America Sings was what I remember in that building.
    At least I've got the soundtrack and I might get the Extinct DVD.

• Former Cast Member

I recommend the dvd. They also have one for America Sings as well.

• Old Timer

I, too, loved that show. It was something completely new at the time - having the audience move from stage to stage. It was a great place to rest and cool down on a hot day. And it held so many people that there was never, in my memory, a line. I am lucky to have the compleat original soundtrack on my audio history of Disneyland. The references to atomic power plants is a bit jarring in today's world.

• Comin' at ya!

They moved it to WDW? Why?
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

I have been on it, and remember it well ... which shows how old I am, or how good my memory is ... but sometimes these posts are bittersweet. It's like you get happy to think of the "good ol' days" and then bummed that those days are gone. I love new rides, and Buzz is a blast (no pun intended) but I remember the THRILL of talking to the different characters, and then calling my parents and friends from the little speakerphone rooms, I think they were called Chatterboxes. It didn't take much back then to make us happy ... I wish that kids today could be content with simple living and not have to be bombarded so much with technology, and fast-paced TV and commercials. They are never satisfied, and never in awe of anything. There is nothing to aspire to anymore, because it seems it's all been done. I feel sad about Tom Sawyer Island being something that doesn't merrit a permanent home at DL. I think that the imagination is slowly being squleched little by little. Don't get me wrong, I am not blaming DL for the demise of innocense! It's just the current days we live in. Unlike many people, I wouldn't mind going back in time and reliving a bunch of stuff. I had a decent childhood, and when I get kids one day, I will let them explore DL instead of shoving it down their throats as quickly as possible. I don't care if the first 10 times we never make it past Main Street ... as long as my kid gets to check everything out and notice the details. Wow ... I need some background music to this post ... maybe "Feed the Birds" or something ...
    Blessings!

• Minion FOREVER!

Was on CoP several times (I guess it was mid 70s) definitely one of my favorites.. was pretty sad
    to see it go.

Been on it a couple of times (hmm.. about ten?) since it moved to WDW... it's my daughter's favorite in WDW's TL. so we go on it several times every time we go.

One weird thing: I might have seen America Sings, but I don't remember it at all... but what do I know, I was just a teenager
    back then... :-)
    Last edited by nish221; 02-12-2007 at 02:24 PM. Reason: Wow..since it left in '74, I must have seen it on its last year!

I went on it once in 1969. Our family only got down there one time while i was young, I didn't return until 1983.

I remember that wonderful colorful display at the start, and I remember how my older brother told me that the people on stage were really robots, and how the audience was moving but the stage was standing still - and I refused to believe it.

And I never saw the Progress City display; I think I was too short to see over the railing or something.
    "Say, uh, ever hear of the devil's paint pots? Real mystery of the desert. Bubblin' pots of mud in all kinds of colors."

• Former Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pen and Inkwell View Post
    I have been on it, and remember it well ... which shows how old I am, or how good my memory is ... but sometimes these posts are bittersweet. It's like you get happy to think of the "good ol' days" and then bummed that those days are gone. I love new rides, and Buzz is a blast (no pun intended) but I remember the THRILL of talking to the different characters, and then calling my parents and friends from the little speakerphone rooms, I think they were called Chatterboxes. It didn't take much back then to make us happy ... I wish that kids today could be content with simple living and not have to be bombarded so much with technology, and fast-paced TV and commercials. They are never satisfied, and never in awe of anything. There is nothing to aspire to anymore, because it seems it's all been done. I feel sad about Tom Sawyer Island being something that doesn't merrit a permanent home at DL. I think that the imagination is slowly being squleched little by little. Don't get me wrong, I am not blaming DL for the demise of innocense! It's just the current days we live in. Unlike many people, I wouldn't mind going back in time and reliving a bunch of stuff. I had a decent childhood, and when I get kids one day, I will let them explore DL instead of shoving it down their throats as quickly as possible. I don't care if the first 10 times we never make it past Main Street ... as long as my kid gets to check everything out and notice the details. Wow ... I need some background music to this post ... maybe "Feed the Birds" or something ...

Very nicely said. I agree with everything you said. Ahhh, bring back the simple life, when life was pretty much easy gonig. I would love to go back in time and relish these memories once again and be in the Tomorrowland that was great back then. Well, at least we can remember and relive those days in our minds and hearts. At least we have the cd's and dvd's to keep those memories alive from within.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast