Went to DL on Monday and had an awakening of sort...
While there, I was thinking about how sad Tomorrowland has been for so long, and if it would ever change. I was standing at the enterance of Autopia looking into TL, and it was REALLY sad. First I imagined how TL felt 15 years ago (the energy, excitement).
Then I started adding things in my head and imagined how each would help what I was seeing and feeling:
1. Astro Orbiter up high and spinning on the observation deck
2. Peoplemover slowing moving past just above me on the track between Innoventions and Autopia
3. Space Mt. rocking away
4. The subs moving with the sound of the waterfall hitting the lagoon.
And guess what - these things are all in the plans! I never really imagined how little it would take to get us 85% of the way there. My suggestions on a few small things:
1.Turn the dead Radio Disney station into a place that sells really unique "space themed" food or desert.
2. Get rid of the marble and get creative (maybe instead of a water fountain you walk on, make it cool steam? Kids would love it.
3. With the new Astro Orbiter, come up with a cool trick or 2 to really make it come to life (lazers?, sounds, lighting at night)
4. New Peoplemover: devote one section the the history of DL with B&W movies and the sound of Walt himself (I was blown away by the feeling hearing his voice in the parade)
5. Bring back America Sings (can't I dream?)
Sorry for the long post. Just thought I would share a moment of optimism. I should stop typing now...