Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

They're really much closer than I ever thought! (TL Revival)

Went to DL on Monday and had an awakening of sort...

While there, I was thinking about how sad Tomorrowland has been for so long, and if it would ever change. I was standing at the enterance of Autopia looking into TL, and it was REALLY sad. First I imagined how TL felt 15 years ago (the energy, excitement).

Then I started adding things in my head and imagined how each would help what I was seeing and feeling:

1. Astro Orbiter up high and spinning on the observation deck
    2. Peoplemover slowing moving past just above me on the track between Innoventions and Autopia
    3. Space Mt. rocking away
    4. The subs moving with the sound of the waterfall hitting the lagoon.

And guess what - these things are all in the plans! I never really imagined how little it would take to get us 85% of the way there. My suggestions on a few small things:

1.Turn the dead Radio Disney station into a place that sells really unique "space themed" food or desert.
    2. Get rid of the marble and get creative (maybe instead of a water fountain you walk on, make it cool steam? Kids would love it.
    3. With the new Astro Orbiter, come up with a cool trick or 2 to really make it come to life (lazers?, sounds, lighting at night)
    4. New Peoplemover: devote one section the the history of DL with B&W movies and the sound of Walt himself (I was blown away by the feeling hearing his voice in the parade)
    5. Bring back America Sings (can't I dream?)

Sorry for the long post. Just thought I would share a moment of optimism. I should stop typing now...

socal

• Minion FOREVER!

Socal, my comments...

1. Dead on. That's a real dead-zone right now.
    2. Themed to something like rockets (ala Pizza Planet)?
    3. Go for the works, how about ALL of above.
    4. Great idea. Wrong location. Needs to be able to somehow tie
    back to TL theme. B&W movies would be breaking the Illusion of Immersion
    big time.
    5. Hear, hear! (that's a pun!) :-) Actually, they should move Innoventions somewhere
    and use the building "correctly".

• Rainicorn.

As long as they're not obnoxious, I'm all for lasers.

Also, I'm still a major proponent of ModHatter's idea for the Tron tunnel being converted to a Dash-from-The-Incredibles themed race that feels faster than it really is. A nice tie-in and not obnoxious whatsoever.
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• Master of Disaster

radio disney could be used to serve the stuff that is in the carts and get RID of the carts in tomorowland alltogether.

Let's think Twilight Zone for a moment.... no, not the tower, the television program..... imagine the PeopleMover veering left into the Star Tours building and when it emerged, there you were in Tomorrowland circa 1967... what a trip.... okay, it was just a fleeting thought....
    Always remember the Disney Magic!

• Disneyland Historian

Quote Originally Posted by robotpirates
    As long as they're not obnoxious, I'm all for lasers.

Also, I'm still a major proponent of ModHatter's idea for the Tron tunnel being converted to a Dash-from-The-Incredibles themed race that feels faster than it really is. A nice tie-in and not obnoxious whatsoever.
    I'm almost certain that the Tron tunnel area does not exist anymore; the track that was once the Trontunnel now travels around the Innoventions building. The Tron tunnel needed an empty second floor of Innoventions to work.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

I think we're going to see some really great things happen in TL. I wouldn't have said that even one year ago, but a lot has happened since. Regarding the Rocket Jets (what they were called when they were "up there), lasers might be fun. I also like the idea of accompanying rock music at night for the
    Rock-It Jets.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Defeats the Huns

You know.. I read on the VMK website that guests will be able to log on to VMK (when it officially opens) and create their own VMK Characters from inside the park. These accounts created inside the park will have a special medal of some sort that points out that they were created in the park.

So I was wondering where they could put such computer terminals for this and I thought the Radio Disney booth would be a good, if not only, empty space to house these computers. What do you guys think?

Back to TL, I would LOVE if the PEoplemovers were back. They were a nice CALM ride that was just fun to sit and relax on.

• Sock Puppet

I think that the "new, newer, newest" Tommorrow Land should be a combination of new AND old. Give it that retro feel it gave me back in the mid nineties before the restructured it but add all sorts of new spins. First off, get rid of all of the gold coloring that came with the 98 refurb, get back to the light grays. Bring back the sci fi elements, that is what it was all about in my AP holder era and it worked.

Here is my list of stuff that should be scrapped (please don't flame, I'm a newbie):
    -HISTA
    -Club Buzz (keep the stage and fast food, but no more Buzz Lightyear themeing.)
    -Current Astro Orbitor

Add:
    -A more timeless guaranteed undateable show where HISTA is.
    -Rockets to where they used to be.
    -A newer People Mover, with several dark ride aspects included this time around. Maybe, some scenes with newer movie like Lilo and Stitch and Atlantis where the tron display used to be.
    -Maybe one more new attraction, when I say new, I mean NEW, not a WDW clone.

Improve:
    -Star Tours movie
    -Starcade, that place used to be THE hangout back when I was a teen, no reason it shouldn't be now.
    -Innovations, I'm not saying totally scrap it, but instead combine the element of future products with a retrospect of TommorrowLand itself. Like say you start out with the new product display but then you go up stairs into a room that features displays of old tomorrow land attractions and what we thought the future would be back then. Imagine seeing old props from every era of TommorowLand like old Captain EO signs to props from America Sings to maybe even the older stuff from the fifties and sixties. It might works with this new spin, "look towards the future, but don't forget the past that has brought us here" I don't know, maybe I'm just talking out of my backside.

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries
    I think if they bring back the People Mover, and i hope they do, it should have 2 Hubs and be used as a mode of transportation. Much like the Skyway was. Maybe wind it around the back of the lagoon, and have an entrance somewhere in or near fantasy land.
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• out & about

Quote Originally Posted by robotpirates
    Yeah, and then we can re-name it PixarLand and we could totally bite off all their ideas and movies and we would never have to think of anything new or original ever again. We could just pay Pixar to make Disney stuff. In fact we could just throw out the whole Disney name all together and rename it "Pixar" or "Steve Jobs" or "George Lucas Really Created Pixar So Lets Worship Him". Your right that sounds like a good idea...

You make me very sad

"There's no off position on the genius switch"

WplusK.com
    http://twitter.com/WRDinc

I just love these threads when people put their dream caps on & come up with some fantastic ideas for the place. The one thing I love more than any other about visiting DL is walking around and thinking about what could be..

You're very right SOCAL05 - TL is really on the move and only about 2 years away from a DRAMATIC transformation.

I have the upmost confidence in WDI and what they can achieve now that they are working with a TDA that is far less accountancy focussed. Tight arsed decisions of the old management I hope are a thing of the past. More PIXAR rides or not, we are in for a big future for TL. We just have to be patient

• Vehicle rotating backward

I think the Disney rumor mill has kind of tried to confirm the unconfirmed anymore. So many people talk about a Peoplemover return, but even all that Al is saying is that they want to do something with that space.

That could mean a number of things.

Odds are, it is unlikely that it will mean riding along in an enclosed car listening to the "Go Go Go, Goodyear" jingle as a friendly voice talks about the Peoplemover as transportation.

I'm just mentioning this simply because so many are getting their hopes up for something that isn't very likely.

On an opinionated note, am I the only person here who likes the Orbiter where it is? It may have something to do with the fact that my parents never let me ride it when it was on the roof, but I enjoy it as an entrance art piece. Now if only they could better manage the line.

I am happy to see the astro orbitor stay at the entrance. I think it looks great there! The rock work either side of it though creates too much of a traffic Jam.
    Rather than moving it back atop the platform, why not put another Midway style ride up there? One that is perhaps more thrilling?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

The Astro Orbiter where it is... is a tacky, carny, kiddie ride. The Rocket Jets up in the sky were a thrilling DISNEY ride.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast