Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Why has Disneyland stopped mentioning Red Hot Chili Peppers in their ads?

I just watched the new "Rockin' Both Parks" TV ad, which is in the "Dreams" format, with the current Peter Pan music and basic lettering, no Medieval Fonts, or the mention of the band. Just that there is rock music on the two coasters.

The Billboard on the 55 has a photo of Space Mountain, and mentions that you can Rock to a new beat, but no mention of the bands.

The new print Ads also have no mention of the bans, or use of the Medieval typeset.

So why did Disney drop advertising the band?
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Santa Barbara, CA

Re: Why has Disneyland stopped mentioning Red Hot Chili Peppers in their ads?

Because TDA management thought guests would think they are serving free mexican food.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• All you need is LOVE

I wonder why to DB odd

• no flash photography...

maybe they thought it targeted a specific demographic and they wanted it to appeal to more people...IDK...

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

But....the ever popular loop was added....so We can all be happy that the castle now has a loop...according to the ads

• Circle of Ancients

Maybe it's because all the kids riding Space Mtn and Screamin' now want mommy and daddy to get them RHCP music ... only to find out that it's not very kid friendly.

• Mousketeer

I heard that there is some legal issues with the band, that Disney didn't get all of thier clearances done properly and now there are lawers involved. So they probably pulled the ads so if they have to pull the music there won't be as many disgruntled pepper fans.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Probably a variety of reasons.

The initial marketing campaign obviously didn't work. So like DCA, they're trying to rebrand this offering in different ways. Rockin' Both Parks might excite some people, and it might have some sort of fan following, but in general, it fails to impress.

We've got until late April until Rockin' quietly fades away, and considering Disneyland attendance dropped 5% in the last fiscal quarter, Disney is trying to make Rockin' work because they want the numbers to go up.

I'm not saying I know what the numbers are - but I can only imagine they're hurting, considering the less-than lukewarm reception Rockin' has recieved, and the general lack of interest in the Year of a Million Dreams.

The new commercials are strange, though. The style of them is in no way representative of the Rockin' experience (whatever that may be). Rockin' Space Mountain or Rockin' California Screamin' simply aren't dreamy, in-the-cloud fantasies like the commercials portray.

• The one, the only...

Definitely Disney marketing dropped the ball. Certainly there are fans of the bands who would come to the park just to ride if they knew the Red Hot Chili Peppers were played.

I was not inspired by the Space Mountain change. I love the original ride and will look forward to it returning. The Screamin' music I think IS an improvement and would not mind it staying. But it is not worth making a special trip to DCA to hear. It is a minor improvement.

I still feel if Disney would just advertise that THEY ARE GIVING PRIZES then people WOULD make a special trip to Disneyland. This fantasy, clouds in the sky stuff done in TV ads, is just not enough.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

It was leagal issues with the band. They thught they were signing for just the rights to play there music no ads. Disney Does have the rights to advertise there names but they dont want to tarnish there relationship.

• We wants the Redhead

They found out about the true Chilli Peppers, and their not so wholesome clean image...lol.
    Janet
    John 3:16

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

Maybe someone sent Roy Disney a Rock Out With Your ---- Out T-shirt.
    Fight On! Beat the Huskers!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
    The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

• Shubisha

The response isn't as lukewarm as the people on here who hate it are imagining :P I don't think it's something that's going to pull in large numbers to the park but it definitely doesn't have anything to do with the attendance drop after the holidays.

It may just be so that some people don't think "i don't like the red hot chili peppers" and not go to the park because of it. this way leaves it up in the air. or it may be a rights issue but i doubt red hot chili peppers would give their name and songs to the ride and not expect it to be advertised. Though maybe disney's just saving some money in liscensing fees not including them in the ads.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Drove by the Billboard on the 55 this evening when I picked up Lisa from John Wayne...

There is a large photo of Space Mountain on the left side, and on the right you have the following words...

Space Mountain

Rockin' to a new music track

Now thru April 26

and the Disneyland Resort Logo.

Nothing to do with the Dreams Campaign, but also no mention of the RHCP either...

Disney has for some reason decided to not mention the band used....
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Something may have happened... Well something had to of happened :P

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast