Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Mickey's Magic Kingdom Celebration...

I read somewhere that this particular calvacade would be performing during the summer months, in the morning hours, at Disneyland. So you'd have MMKC in the morning and POD in the afternoon and early evening. Does anyone know anything about this and if it's going to actually happen?

Thanks,
    Patrick

• Defeats the Huns

This is only a rumor. there's nothing set in stone for this plan.

But I definitely would love that to happen! I LOVED Mickey's Magic Kingdom Celebration!

• Rainicorn.

Is this a parade?
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• Defeats the Huns

It was a cavalcade (Disney's name for a small parade). It had Mickey and the gang dancing and singing - paying tribute to the different lands in Disneyland. It would parade out the gates in Town Square and do two stops along the parade route (around the Hub and in Town Square).

• I Hug My Tapirs

I really loved MMKC too! I hope it does come back. For a temporary replacement cavalcade, it was really well done.
    "I don't need intelligent drugs because I don't know what they are. But I will put anything into my mouth that is given to me, whether it's supposed to go there or not. Because... I'm different."

• Defeats the Huns

I heard that it would be hard to have MMKC in the morning because the horses, trolley cars, and buses would have to leave first.. and then come back after MMKC.. and then leave again for POD. Alternative would be to have MMKC right at the opening of the park... but I don't see that happening.

Still, I would LOVE to see MMKC back on the street!

• Playtester

I LOVED MMKC, it had just enough of everything for everyone, catchy songs, characters that could interatct with the guests, a little bit of audience involvement. I loved the songs for that parade. My kids were in awe of the characters that close.
    It's Just me, Jenn.
    "Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children." ~Walt Disney

• Minion

I think the rumor was to have (in the fall) one showing of Parade of Dreams at night (because its much nicer at night) and then fill in the daytime with a showing of MMKC at about like 4pm.

Yeah, I loved MMKC so much better than the Sleeping Beauty one. I'd love to see it back on Main Street!

*The-51
    Ten Tons O' Fun.
    Top Ten things I find intriguing /not intriguing about the new parade.
    10. The two Vegas show girls are a real crowd pleaser.
    9. Ariel is so high up she can, shudder, see DCA
    8. Samba is really life like except for the faint clanking sounds he makes .
    7. The ears on Mickey and Minnie slow down their float.
    6. As the puppets dance you can see a flash of petticoats hopefully inflaming the Moslems in the crowd.
    5. I love the flintstones style feet powered tea cups. (Yaba Daba Doooooo)
    4. Water leaking from several floats leads an 'air' to the parade like one of those 'wet ground' car commercials.
    3. Just what is Donald dress as any ways?
    2. Watching the girls bungee cord jump changes the normal left to right parade watching to partly up and down.
    1. We finally find out of the Blue Fairy has feet.

• Minion

ORWEN: Not to change the subject or anything, but did anyone ever tell you you're a 'dead ringer' for Roger Radcliffe from 101 Dalmatians, GoldenEars, duckling?

ORDDU: Indeed! I was thinking the very same thing! If they ever decide to do another live action version of the ORIGINAL 101 Dalmatians, you'd be the perfect choice for Roger Radcliffe, dear. (And, if you wouldn't mind, I'd be perfectly happy to play your wife, Anita.)

ORGOCH: What fer? When ya already looks so much like Cruella De Ville?!

• Hooterville, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Justlittleoldme
    I LOVED MMKC, it had just enough of everything for everyone, catchy songs, characters that could interatct with the guests, a little bit of audience involvement. I loved the songs for that parade. My kids were in awe of the characters that close.
    Ditto.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Disney Nerd

That would be cool. It was a cute cavalcade. They do still have the "floats" backstage, so it's not totally out of the question.

The float building has been stuffed, with POD, and Christmas Fantasy, and the cavalcades, so there's a lot of outside storage going on.

• Disneyland Freak

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralShang
    I heard that it would be hard to have MMKC in the morning because the horses, trolley cars, and buses would have to leave first.. and then come back after MMKC.. and then leave again for POD. Alternative would be to have MMKC right at the opening of the park... but I don't see that happening.

Still, I would LOVE to see MMKC back on the street!
    Poppycock! 15 years ago they used to do TWO showings of the daytime parade and TWO showings of MSEP in ONE day!
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

• Defeats the Huns

Yes, I understand and KNOW that they used to have 2 daytime parades and 2 night parades. I was responding to the rumors that it would come out in the MORNING. Daytime is fine because the horses go backstage to rest around 3pm.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast