Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Premium Youngling and

AbominableSnowman1's 2-9-07 Trip Report

Finally, another week of school is over so I decided to go to DL for some R and R

The main reason I wanted to go was because my High School Marching Band was going to be marching before the parade started, but I didn’t know which one they were marching

I got home from school at 3 and was on the road by 3:30

There is one billboard that I know of from my house to DL and it is a DL one. When I was approaching it today, I seriously thought to myself, “I think I should have my camera out right now.” I rounded the turn and sure enough, the billboard had changed! So I whipped out my camera and took this picture (It’s blurry but you get the point)

Disney has basically completely redone the advertising for Rockin because nobody understood what it was!

Anywho, I hit traffic as usual because it is after all the 5 Freeway during rush hour on a Friday!

I can see Jack’s house from here!

Luckily, they just started to load the Timon lot, so I was in the first row!

Come on everybody, here we gooooooo!

I entered to Esplanade and was surprised that there were so little people

I was walking up to the entry gates and I swear this guy was trying to run me over, I had to jump out of his way 2 or 3 times

I entered the park just as they started to take the flags down (The guy in the middle is always so serious)

New colorful flowers…

When does the train reopen?

I am not quite sure how long ago this was done but I think they replaced this pavement recently

So I went to the time board ,which is in its new location, to see how the lines were

I headed over to the castle because I still hadn’t seen what they actually did to the castle

Not a whole lot…

Almost the whole backside of the castle is under tarps though…

How long ago did they put the tea cup back?

IASW is back to normal

Well I went to Toontown to meet from friend from marching band and he told me they had already preformed before at the first parade and were not doing the second

We decided to go on Space Mountain because he really liked the layover (one of the few)

It was only a 30 minute wait but he still complained (people who don’t go to DL often think that 15 minutes is too long)

Starcade sign has finally been replaced

Remember my second anniversary TR when I showed how half of one of the cone plants had been hacked off? Well now all of them are that way!

The people behind us hated it so much, they jumped out

After SM, my friend and I had dinner at the Pizza Port (I think I need to go somewhere else next time)

Well he decided to go off with his friends while I went to go watch the parade and the other marching band:

2 Train Conductors were playing a game with a bunch of kids before the parade

The only thing different about the parade was that one bouncing person was missing from the Pinocchio float

After the parade I met up with Sam

We went on Jungle Cruise and got our favorite skipper, Britney (I was going to take a picture but I didn’t want to blind our skipper before we went into the jungle)

Sam told me about the deteriorating status of the Matterhorn which made me really want to go on it!

We were HAULING on the Matterhorn, it was a lot of fun

Sam had 2 FP’s for Space so why not?

I told Sam that earlier that day, whet I went with on with my other friend, that the group behind us had said that there group size was 24 (trying to impress the CM) then he said he was kidding. The CM said to the guy that they had a group 2 Sunday’s ago of about 70+ people. They were shocked. I turned around and said, “That was the MC group!” He asked me how we got that many people and I just told him, “I have no idea”

So just as we entered the loading area, some girls that I recognized from school were being loaded in the train. They were extremely excited to be going on and were screaming and in unison, sang the chorus to that popular rap song by Jim Jones “We fly high, no lie, you notice, BALLIN!” Everybody around us was wishing that they would shut up but Sam and I were laughing. Sam and I were sent to the 6th row and guess who was in the train we were supposed to be in? Yup, the screaming girls but guess what? They sent them through a second time. Sam and I were loaded into the train right after them so all throughout the ride, we would periodically hear a train of screaming teenage girls whizzing by us. It was hilarious. So their train pulled into the unloading station but I noticed something, the loading/unloading gates were not opening for the next group, they send them though again! There voices had to be shot be the end of that ride. (I should have gotten a picture of their ride photo)

It was about 8:45 and we thought we should call it quits on the rides so we wouldn’t miss the fireworks. I was really craving ice cream so we went to the Gibson Girl on Main St. but as usual, the line was an easy half an hour long. We went to the street vendor in the hub to see if they were open, they were not. So we went to NOS to see if the other ice cream street vendor in front of HM was open, it was not. “Where do we go now?” I thought to myself. We walked through Frontierland to go to the hub and a sign in the window of the Golden Horseshoe caught my attention, “Hot Fudge Sundae” We got in line and I ordered a Hot Fudge Sundae with no hot fudge or whipped cream (they usually put way too much of both on so I figured I would just not get either, but of course, they gave EXTRA of BOTH!

Sam and I walked to the hub and arrived just 10 minutes before the show started and we still got great a great spot. The show started and it was so funny because I think almost everybody watching the show was an AP because everybody knew the show too well. A guy in front of us was pretending to be the conductor of the orchestra, another person next to us pointed into the sky every time a firework was supposed to go off, and a group directly next to us was simply reciting the whole show.

The show had some mistakes in it though:

One star did not go off

Only 2 flame jets worked on the left side of the castle and only 1 on the right (maybe because of the tarps)

There were a couple REALLY low shells that should have gone off way higher

The bright flares at the end of the Frontierland sequence did not go off (once again, probably because of the tarps)

The positive:

The extremely bright floodlight/strobe light is back on the first level of the castle directly over the entrance

It seems that there were bigger shells being used during the Star Tours sequence

Well once again, I had a great time and it was a lot of fun

Quote of the day:

(This is coming from a tourist to a CM) “Excuse me ma’am, do you happen to know where SPACE Mountain is?” (He had the funniest expression on his face when he said it. You had to be there)

Well, until Sunday,

The End

• Circle of Ancients

Re: AbominableSnowman1's 2-9-07 Trip Report

Nice pictures and cute report!

Question ....why did you order a hot fudge sundae with no hot fudge and no whip cream? Isn't that just vanilla icecream and if so, why not just order vanilla icecream?

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Mickey and 'Key

Blog Entries

Is the train supposed to be down?

Shout out to MC, how awesome

great pics!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Dreams do come true

Fun report, thanks

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Fantastic report! I remember the days of marching down main street in my high school band. Good times indeed.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• MiceChat News Team
    • Sparkle Plenty

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Buttercup View Post

Question ....why did you order a hot fudge sundae with no hot fudge and no whip cream? Isn't that just vanilla icecream and if so, why not just order vanilla icecream?
    That would be too easy, PB! Then he wouldn't have ended up with the extra of the stuff he didn't want.

Awesome trip report!!! I love it and wish I had been with you and Sam on Space. The girls would have made me laugh too. I'm sorry you missed the band though. But the fireworks sound fun! For not getting there until after school, you did a lot.

• Premium Youngling and

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Buttercup View Post

They didn't have plain ice cream because, believe me, I would have gotten it if they did. It was soooo messy!

• careful...i'm contagous!

in the paradise city. were the grass is green & the girls are pretty

the matterhorn running again...when did this happen?

great trip report
    doombuggiesDISNEYROYALTY

• All you need is LOVE

Great report thanks for sharing Hope to see you soon

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

My house! I really need to get those elevator's fixed.

Great TR. I think the RR will be up in 3 weeks? See you tomorrow.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• e komo mai

Fun trip report. Glad to see they finally fixed the Starcade sign.

The teacup in front of Mad Hatter was not there on Tues... interesting. I still miss the little garden in front with the huge carrots etc.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Cricket View Post
    Fun trip report. Glad to see they finally fixed the Starcade sign.

The teacup in front of Mad Hatter was not there on Tues... interesting. I still miss the little garden in front with the huge carrots etc.
    It was there on Wednesday.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• Stitch <3

Turn right, go straight, take a left. Keep going. Keep going. Duck! Turn around, right. Found me! :)

Nice report. Sounds like you had fun. Why'd the back of the castle have tarps on it?

• Premium Youngling and

Quote Originally Posted by danceguest View Post
    Nice report. Sounds like you had fun. Why'd the back of the castle have tarps on it?
    I would think that they are painting it but who knows?

•   
    • Damn Good Burger!

Quote Originally Posted by AbominableSnowman1 View Post
    I would think that they are painting it but who knows?
    Nice report AS. Have no idea why they're still up, tried to get a look today but couldn't see anything.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast