Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Bring Me Two Piña Coladas

Napa Rose Not Accepting AP Discounts Anymore!!!!

So tonight we had dinner at the Napa Rose, and put in my card with my AP card with the bill. Our fabulous server notified us that they no long take the AP discount at Napa Rose and that we should all call Guest Services to complain and bring it back because "we truely deserve the discount even at Napa Rose for our 'dedication'"

Just an FYI!!! (incase for those who already didn't know!)

Re: Napa Rose Not Accepting AP Discounts Anymore!!!!

Lets call Guest Services, then! We eat there alot, and an AP discount would sure help.
    I don't remember when the last time was that we used the discount, but I know that we couldn't use it in July, '06 (which is the farthest back that I can remember). I do know that the Vineyard Room did give a discount, but it's just not quite the same as the Rose.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

What a bummer, that is one of the few places I still haven't tried and was going to possibly next weekend with my wife.

Quote Originally Posted by disneyland.com
    All offers and events are subject to change without notice. Must show valid Annual Passport to receive Passholder benefits and/or discounts. Dining discounts not valid in combination with any other discounts or promotions and excludes alcoholic beverages, tax and gratuity. Not valid at outdoor cart locations, snack locations, Club 33, Napa Rose, and Room Service locations. Subject to restrictions and change without notice. An Annual Passholder must present his/her valid Annual Passport prior to purchases to receive any applicable benefits and discounts. Benefits and discounts are nontransferable.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

I'm not sure, but I THINK they haven't been giving ap discounts for a while now.
    Currently at DreamWorks Animation SKG

Former Disneyland Adventureland Castmember
    [Skipper & Archaeologist]

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by dchun2007 View Post
    I'm not sure, but I THINK they haven't been giving ap discounts for a while now.

I think you are right. I just checked a passholder news letter I had from two years ago and it didn't list a Napa Rose discount.

At least the server had an exceptional response.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

^Sounds like a manager decided to enforce the written rule that was "ignored" went it was put in place with all the changes to the food discount program. I wouldn't doubt keeping the AP discount for a few months on an unofficial basis was designed to help keep down complaints, and then just remained until 2007.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Neep meep beep

That explains why I was given an AP discount for the Napa Rose twice in 2006, even though others on Micechat insisted that they didn't give an AP discount. It's too bad they got rid of the discount at this fine restaurant.

• Never Look Back

Yah we went in December, and they gave us discount. We go every year in December, and request the same waiter. He told us that they stopped the AP discount there, but that he would give it to us anyways...

I am not surprised that they don't offer discount anymore. I mean you are not going to the Napa Rose to save money, you are going to enjoy a high class meal...

If you want discount, go to Storytellers...

Quote Originally Posted by Maseca View Post
    I am not surprised that they don't offer discount anymore. I mean you are not going to the Napa Rose to save money, you are going to enjoy a high class meal...

If you want discount, go to Storytellers...
    That's exactly what I was thinking. It sounds like management knows they have a superior product with a long waiting list for tables on Saturday nights, so why offer discounts to the place? American Free Enterprise at work there folks.

I would also bet the waiter offered up the response he did as a gracious way of avoiding controversy at the table, and to subtly pass the buck on to "them" back in mysterious TDA where no one has access to, instead of "us" there in that actual restaurant where managers and decision makers actually were that evening. In doing so, he was avoiding any of the disapointment from being taken out of his tip for the table.

That's a pretty smart move actually, especially if he did it with tact and grace.
    Last edited by TP2000; 02-11-2007 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TP2000 View Post
    That's exactly what I was thinking. It sounds like management knows they have a superior product with a long waiting list for tables on Saturday nights, so why offer discounts to the place? American Free Enterprise at work there folks.

It wasn't packed last night, people were able to walk in actually! I was amazed as well on a Saturday night!

Quote Originally Posted by goofygoof View Post
    It wasn't packed last night, people were able to walk in actually! I was amazed as well on a Saturday night!
    And yet the management there at the restaurant is able to turn down requests for discounts. They must feel fairly confident in their overall numbers to do that.

Perhaps they should offer the discount when they're not so busy...like Mon-Thur seatings from 5:00pm to 6:00pm kinda thing? Help fill some tables when they could use the extra business the discount might bring in?

I think some Walt Disney World restaurants do something like that for AP dining discounts.

• WDW Fant! Premiere Cast

My friend used his AP in July '06 and got the discount and then for my birthday in Dec '06, no discount. Free creme brulee, though!

Quote Originally Posted by SorcererMickey View Post
    My friend used his AP in July '06 and got the discount and then for my birthday in Dec '06, no discount. Free creme brulee, though!

Yeah the creme brulee was cheaper than the discount hehehehe!

I feel left out now Seems like some get theirs and some dont' oh well, stuff happens!

• A Ghost at Disneyland

I would suggest sending your complaints to the Napa Rose directly - to the attention of Mr. Michael Jordan. He's a reasonable man and perhaps something can be worked out for discounts on less busy nights, as one poster suggested.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast