Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

August at Disneyland?

Im sure with the new Nemo attraction it's gonna be hella busy? Me and my BF are going August 20th-21st (My 21st B-day!) So I want to go more than anything for my 21st on the 21st how cool is that?! But i sure t'll be all hot and busy..? Just want to know what to expect.

• Regular Newbie :)

Re: August at Disneyland?

It will most likely be really hot and crowded! Make sure you visit the Cove Bar or one of the bars in Downtown Disney!! yay for being 21!

Finding Nemo will probably have the longest lines... so get there early!!

• no flash photography...

very hot, humid and busy....drink lots of fluids and try to hit most of the rides at park opening.

Before we moved to So Cal we used to take our vacation every year to DL in August. It will get busy but it's still very do-able. The mornings are less busy and you can get a lot done before noon. Have a wonderful time celebrating your 21st Birthday at DL!!!!

• Banned User

oye, I went once at the end of august, worst time in my opinion! soooooo hot, sooooo crowded !! If anything the next trip we all make will be in November and I will be having the wolf pack do my package

• Regular Newbie :)

oh one more thing... definitely take advantage of the Fast Pass system... it will make your day a lot better! Rides like Tower of Terror and Soaring over California in DCA and Space Mountain in Disneyland are big ones to consider with the idea of avoiding super long lines!

• Pirate Girl

August is defiunitely the time of year to ride Splash Mountain and Grizzley River Rapids. Get a fastpass for Splash Mtn first thing because everbody else will have the same idea. Wear sandals because squishy shoes are no fun.

Aprille :-)

• Banned User

Asking if it's gonna be busy in the Summer is like asking if the sky is blue.

Quote Originally Posted by SpokkerJones View Post
    Asking if it's gonna be busy in the Summer is like asking if the sky is blue.

Well I realise that, I just havent been in the summer season in as long as I can remember... I just needed to be refreshed..

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Josh&Robert View Post
    So I want to go more than anything for my 21st on the 21st how cool is that?! But i sure t'll be all hot and busy..? Just want to know what to expect.
    Last year , my family and I went in August AFTER most of the schools in CA had already started. The crowds were just right!

• Hiding in the shadows

Worse than the crowds in August is the mid-day heat. It can get close to 100 in the afternoons especially in late August, but if you plan right (get there at opening, use fastpasses and plan for mid-afternoon down time swimming and the likes, I think you will be fine.

LA Schools will not be is session yet (I dont think they get out of summer school till 8/16) but many colleges will be in session already, as will many school districts like where I live an hour north of the park. Its close to the end of the summer travel period. Either way its your 21st! you gotta do it. Have a great time.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

This is the one time of year it will be hot!!!

I know many of you will think I sound like a broken record, but I highly recommend -- no insist -- that you do yourself a favor and stay at a hotel near the beach (Newport or Huntington)! It is a LOT cooler there in August, is only 20 minutes away, and you can relax at the beach if DLR gets to be too much for you.

And as someone said earlier it can be quite humid sometimes in August, as So Cal can sometimes pick up some of the monsoon moisture from Arizona and Northern Mexico, making things surprisingly humid.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

One more thing, Josh or Robert (whichever one of you is turning 21). I would like to commend you on wanting to go to Disneyland on your 21st birthday instead of going out and getting drunk. (BTW you can do that at DCA, but don't go overboard if you do...)

• Choosy Moms Choose Jeff

I'll be making my yearly trip with my fam to DL during the first week plus of August. We usually go in late May/Early June but since I'm a graduate student my summer classes extend into July.

I hope to see you all there...

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Pretty much the same thing everyone else said, it will be hot and it will be extremely busy. Try the Cove Bar at DCA or the Lost Bar at Disneyland Hotel for some cool liquid refreshment.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast