Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

how about a star wars stunt spectacular?

they have the indiana jones stunt spectacular in the MGM, they once talked about bringing a young indy spectakular to the festival of fools area. how about gutting the innoventions and putting in a star wars stunt show with lightsaber fights and laser battles. you could even have adience participation in tie fighter scenarios. you could have jedis attached to wires and have them do all kind of arial jumps and bounds. you could even have the emperor throw projectiles into the crowd and have yoda catch them only a few feet away from the adience before it strikes them. special effects would be at a premium. and because the building would be dark, effects would be more vibrant.

•   
    • Minion

Why? It is all done with blue screens?
    Check out my other blog:

• Former Epcot CM

That sounds fantastic, but like every other fantastic and mindblowing fan idea Disney will not listen. But we could expect a new Star Wars attraction maybe along with a new Star Tours episode once Eisner disappears.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

the effects would be more realistic because the building is enclosed. if you have ever been to indy at the MGM its outside, the show is great but the effects are not that vivid especially with that obvious ceiling.

• Minion

This might be a decent area for DCA's Hollywood Pictures Backlot, especially if they ever followed the DMGM concept and built a Star Wars "set," and use it to host Star Tours 2.0 and a themed eatery to facilitate a west coast Star Wars Weekend.

But I really don't see what a story set A Long Time Ago has ever had to do with Tomorrowland, much less its prequel series that is an even longer time ago, and stunt shows have been done for ages at other parks, so while Star Tours was at least a futuristic ride technology for its time, the idea of a stunt show itself is already dated... To avoid having to be redone all the time, Tomorrowland needs to continue its move away from shows, and attractions really should feature futuristic themes, innovative vehicle design, or preferably both.
    See, George Lucas? I'm not the only one! [<-- i.e. this is not my site]
    78 Reasons To Hate Star Wars Episode 1

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by ModHatter
    This might be a decent area for DCA's Hollywood Pictures Backlot, especially if they ever followed the DMGM concept and built a Star Wars "set," and use it to host Star Tours 2.0 and a themed eatery to facilitate a west coast Star Wars Weekend.

But I really don't see what a story set A Long Time Ago has ever had to do with Tomorrowland, much less its prequel series that is an even longer time ago, and stunt shows have been done for ages at other parks, so while Star Tours was at least a futuristic ride technology for its time, the idea of a stunt show itself is already dated... To avoid having to be redone all the time, Tomorrowland needs to continue its move away from shows, and attractions really should feature futuristic themes, innovative vehicle design, or preferably both.
    I have to agree with you. A stunt show would fit the "California" theme a little better, particularly in the Hollywood Backlot area. Installing a second "Star Wars" themed attraction in TL, along with BLAB (I love that acronym!) and HISTA would tend to tag TL as "Futuristic Movies Land" which would be a mistake. I would prefer to see TL attractions that can stand alone without a movie tie-in. I would also like to see the rotating theatre building now housing Innoventions used in a way that makes use of the turntable in a more creative way... much like CoP and America Sings did. One of the major problems with TL now is too many shows and not enough rides.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Minion

Tom, you're just going to have to stop agreeing with me. I don't know how to react, since it almost never happens!!!

"There are fashions in reading, even in thinking. You don't have to follow them unless you want to."

"A lot of young people think the future is closed to them, that everything has been done. This is not so. There are still plenty of avenues to be explored."

-- Walt Disney

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by ModHatter
    Tom, you're just going to have to stop agreeing with me. I don't know how to react, since it almost never happens!!!
    Guess you got it right this time. Even a blind bear catches a fish every now and again.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• șoș Tom șoș

I also think Festival of Fools area is a strech, even in TL is a strech...I don't there is opposition, hell if you pay me to dress like a jedi or a stormtrooper I would but DCA is the best spot for this sort malarky.

Quote Originally Posted by felixthequick
    they have the indiana jones stunt spectacular in the MGM, they once talked about bringing a young indy spectakular to the festival of fools area. how about gutting the innoventions and putting in a star wars stunt show with lightsaber fights and laser battles. you could even have adience participation in tie fighter scenarios. you could have jedis attached to wires and have them do all kind of arial jumps and bounds. you could even have the emperor throw projectiles into the crowd and have yoda catch them only a few feet away from the adience before it strikes them. special effects would be at a premium. and because the building would be dark, effects would be more vibrant.
    Wouldn't work. For one thing, the lightsabers in the movie are computer generated. So are the lasers. If you want the lasers to be visible in a live show, you have to have fog effects, so that the beams have something by which they can reflect their light. Finally, wire effects in movies are specifically done for a few seconds at a time, with camera angles very carefully planned. Do this live, and you get a very dangerous effect that can only be appreciated from one or two select angles. Either that, or you make the stunts so simple (so as to avoid problems like tangled wires) that the effect simply ceases to be impressive. You can suspend the laws of physics in movies, but you're extremely limited in a live show.

Also, it you have the Emperor throw stuff at the crowd and have Yoda catch them only a few feet away from the audience, you've got yet another tangle of wires to worry about, plus the worries of liability if a wire fails.

Everything you're suggesting would be pretty good for a 3-D movie though, perhaps combined with some limited live effects similar to the Terminator show at Universal Studios.

• Sock Puppet

Please please please no more star wars

star tours is more than enough

• The one, the only...

I like good, new ideas and don't want to throw cold water on it. I prefer rides and attractions that truly innovate. Star Wars just finished the last movie that will be made. It is now history. There is no future to this series. I think that looking forward to a new film or even better a concept not connected to a film would work better. After all, the most popular rides at DL seem to be totally free from any film. (The only exception is Indy Jones.) But Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, Big Thunder, and Splash did not originate with a film. (I acknowledge that they did make films after the theme of the some rides, but the rides did not originate with films.)
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCricketFan
    But Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, Big Thunder, and Splash did not originate with a film.
    Just a quick correction, because I totally agree with your point. Splash did originate with Song of the South. However, that movie has not been released in America since 1986, before the ride ever opened. So even though the movie existed, it had a pedigree (it was based on a literary source, won an Oscar and contributed a song that represents everything Disney), and wasn't the kind of cash-in that is usually associated with movie-based attractions. I mean, how can you accuse a ride of being built to sell more tapes and DVDs if the movie was never sold on tape or DVD?

Anyway... someone usually jumps all over any comments made about Splash, so I figured I would defuse that little bombshell.

-- Walt Disney

• Minion

I sort of loathe stunt shows. They're so... Universal.

• Minion

how about for the star wars stunt we just get Eisner in a jar jar suit and light him on fire =) I think that would solve all our problems.
    Evil is lurking behind the matterhorn........ wait, that's just Mickey

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast