Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Your Idea for Future HMH Overlay

Kim Irvine is the current art director for Disneyland, so the fact that she performed as Madame Leota is really only natural.

• Disney for life!~

Quote Originally Posted by TheSwami View Post
    I'd like an Eddie Murphy animatronic to be included in every scene in the Mansion overlay, with wacky quotes that are amplified so you can hear them over all other sound in the ride.
    Eww.

I <3 SPACEMOUNTAIN!!!!!!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/CayaHutch

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Smile Re: Your Idea for Future HMH Overlay

Quote Originally Posted by GRD999 View Post
    It's actually Leota's daughter, Kim Irvine, not her granddaughter.
    Thanks for the Correction GRD. I hate giving out wrong info.

Chad

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

I don't think Dr. F and Sally should be placed in the same room (I.E. the attic), as their characters are constantly in conflict with each other...I don't think it would work with the overall fun feeling the Imagineers have pushed for the overlay. I can totally see Sally sewing Jack's Santa costume up in the attic, however...and the snake wouldn't even have to go anywhere, as he resides on the opposite side fo where Constance stands now.

Yes, Lock, Shock and Barrel need more representation, and I love the idea of a Mayor AA, as that would be very fun to see with his face switching back and forth. Dr. F could be somewhere else, perhaps the graveyard, releasing more of his skeleton reindeer (there's only one right now, and to add to the list, it was added last year).

• Premium Youngling and

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
    I don't think Dr. F and Sally should be placed in the same room (I.E. the attic), as their characters are constantly in conflict with each other...I don't think it would work with the overall fun feeling the Imagineers have pushed for the overlay. I can totally see Sally sewing Jack's Santa costume up in the attic, however...and the snake wouldn't even have to go anywhere, as he resides on the opposite side fo where Constance stands now.
    Y wouldn't they be shown together?!? They live with eachother! Maybe they could make the attic his laboratory and have Sally looking out onto the graveyard through a metal window frame (just like in the movie) and make it look like she wanted to go out and stoll around.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by AbominableSnowman1 View Post
    Y wouldn't they be shown together?!? They live with eachother! Maybe they could make the attic his laboratory and have Sally looking out onto the graveyard through a metal window frame (just like in the movie) and make it look like she wanted to go out and stoll around.
    I just explained why.

And what about all of those presents in the attic? Aren't they used to hide all of the other junk that's in the attic? Why would Dr. F have a bunch of presents lying around? And why would Sally help him? In any dialogue that they'd have, it wouldn't contribute to the Christmas aspect of the story...it would just involve their drama with each other, which wouldn't lend anything to the overlay.

• Premium Youngling and

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict View Post
    I just explained why.

And what about all of those presents in the attic? Aren't they used to hide all of the other junk that's in the attic? Why would Dr. F have a bunch of presents lying around? And why would Sally help him? In any dialogue that they'd have, it wouldn't contribute to the Christmas aspect of the story...it would just involve their drama with each other, which wouldn't lend anything to the overlay.
    The junk could be covered by the numerous things found in a laboratory. Why would there be any dialogue? If anything, Dr.F could just say, "It's alive!" They dont even have to talk to each other. Sally could just be talking to herself. And who said anything about Sally helping Dr.F?

• It's all about Theme!

Quote Originally Posted by AbominableSnowman1 View Post
    The junk could be covered by the numerous things found in a laboratory. Why would there be any dialogue? If anything, Dr.F could just say, "It's alive!" They dont even have to talk to each other. Sally could just be talking to herself. And who said anything about Sally helping Dr.F?
    It would also be cool if Dr. F could be like making a husband for the bride who has something festive in her hand and instead of an axe being held it would be a candy cane.
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

• Premium Youngling and

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Jr. View Post
    It would also be cool if Dr. F could be like making a husband for the bride who has something festive in her hand and instead of an axe being held it would be a candy cane.
    He could be making his own wife...

• ...TWO BITS!

^ I think it's more benefical if he was making a couple reindeer skeletons come to life...

Quote Originally Posted by Skipper S View Post
    Thank you, I have always thought that boogie should be there and thought when they added him he would of been but no. So since they already have him its just a move and new set. Not that hard.
    Could be easier said than done. There's no AA to replace with OB. Do you leave Leota on the table or is it easy to take that whole set up out and replace with OB & props?

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Neep meep beep

I think they should scrap the whole "nightmare before christmas" theme and just make it a pirates overlay.

• Ignore the meager number

YES! Disneyland will become PIRATE'S BOOTYLAND by Disney....
    in al seriousness I feel like the seance room is weak with the Nightmare overlay...
    Last edited by Not Quite Cpt Jack; 02-14-2007 at 12:36 AM. Reason: spelling
    Yo ho!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123