Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by Justlittleoldme
    Oh they do manage it....over at DCA. They have to find some way to get you over there!
    I actually like DCA and go there every visit. I think it needs a lot of improvement and maturing, but it still got a lot of fun stuff to do. And I agree... the eatin' is better. We also often eat in Downtown Disney.

I love Blue Bayou. Good food... a little overpriced... but good service. You used to be able to get great burgers and stuff at the Tomorrland Terrace, but since it's become Buzz Lightyear, it seems to keep really short hours.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Minion

Each venue needs more staff.
    that is the problem as I see it.

I do not care for the changes in the Golden Horshoe at all.
    My chili cheese dog was as important as the show to me!
    But they have changed the menu here so many times.

I hope they address it before next month.

And the problem of closing the restaurants too early needs to be addressed. At least stay open until 8:30 on a midnight close.

• CM for 4 years!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Chaney
    ....but since it's become Buzz Lightyear, it seems to keep really short hours.
    Damn it, I used to LOVE this place...!! But it seems like whenever I'm over in that area of the park, it's CLOSED, just when a burger sounds good. And for DL, the prices are pretty reasonable--$6.99 for a burdger and fries!
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• Sock Puppet

Finding a place to eat dinner at Disneyland on or after 7pm (when I usually eat dinner) is nearly impossible. Everything but the pretzel carts are usually closed by then. I don't think I've been able to eat a meal in New Orleans Square for years because of this.

It was frustrating at first, but then I realized that most places in the park serve pretty horrendous cafeteria food so I wasn't missing much.

The food at Blue Bayou is good most of the time, but the severe understaffing and the insane method they use to bus tables pretty much means you'll never get drink refills and your food will usually be a little cold.

Seriously, next time you go to BB, watch what happens when your food comes. One guy carries out and puts it on a tray next to your table. Does he serve it to you? Of course not. You have to wait for your server to show up a few minutes later to carry it two feet to your table. It's the most bizarre thing.
    Last edited by peepoop; 06-01-2005 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Cricket
    What Downtown Disney needs is an In-n-Out. That would solve my 'where to eat' problems...
    I agree!

I've found that the Rainforest Cafe and ESPN Zone are good values considering portions and service (especially with the AP). Inside DL or DCA, it's often best to eat early or late. Too bad some places have shortened hours. I've often had a craving for a Banyan Beef skewer w/ Dole Whipe "dip" for breakfast, but alas, neither are available until noon.

• Rainicorn.

Quote Originally Posted by peepoop
    The food at Blue Bayou is good most of the time, but the severe understaffing and the insane method they use to bus tables pretty much means you'll never get drink refills and your food will usually be a little cold.

Seriously, next time you go to BB, watch what happens when your food comes. One guy carries out and puts it on a tray next to your table. Does he serve it to you? Of course not. You have to wait for your server to show up a few minutes later to carry it two feet to your table. It's the most bizarre thing.
    Wow, I don't know about you, but we had the greatest time at BB the last time we were there. Everything was hot and the refills were crazy. I must have had 12 glasses of Mint Julep.

When I get my AP, I am definitely checking out everything at DCA. I've never been. I've never been able to justify spending money as a SoCaler to go to the park for anything, not even ToT.

BTW, back on topic, has anyone taken the initiative to go to City Hall or email the management like what was suggested in past threads? Not a challenge, just a question. I wonder if there was ever a response.
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by robotpirates
    BTW, back on topic, has anyone taken the initiative to go to City Hall or email the management like what was suggested in past threads? Not a challenge, just a question. I wonder if there was ever a response.
    We complained at City Hall after we sat at our table at Blue Bayou staring at our food for ten minutes before our server showed up to put it on our table.

I'm not the type of person to complain about anything at Disneyland, having seen my fair share of insane passholders laying into CMs about trivial matters. But this was nuts.

When we complained at City Hall they relayed our message to BB's manager and gave us food vouchers that we could use anywhere in the resort. I think the total of our bill was $63, and they gave us $70 in $10 vouchers. That definitely smoothed it over for us, but subsequent visits to the Bayou have shown us that nothing has really changed over there. They have a system that they like and they stick to it.

• insufferable know-it-all

Just an FYI folks: City Hall will often try to "resolve your problem" first, eg: appease you to keep you from recording the complaint - this is great for freebie hunting tourists, but if having your complaint matter means more to you than freebies, smile, thank them for offering and then ask for the written complaint form. If you don't give it to them in writing, there's no guarantee that it'll count.

For my effort, I'd much rather see them made aware of and solve the problem than get a freebie any day.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• I am a Pluto lover

ok... now you guys are scareing me. I go in two weeks and I have sooo been looking forward to eating at Mint Julep and Rancho Zocalo. Does anyone think things will get better when it is officially the summer season? And just when does summer season start? I think Morrigoon is right, this stuff needs to go on paper. This is just not acceptable. I do not want to have to leave DL and go to DCA everytime we want to eat. Park hopper tickets or not, thats just too much hopping.
    Mellymouse

(do you think the Finding Nemo Subs line will be under 3 hours by then?)

• Disney fans for life!

I don't trust any of the complaint procedures that they have. They can easily throw away your only evidence of any complaint in the trash as soon as you leave...

The only time that I ever received an actual response (and resolution) to our complaint (which are very few, by the way) was when we mailed our complaint to customer relations AND CC'd to the corporate office. That got results...

Oh they do manage it....over at DCA. They have to find some way to get you over there!
    I think I have gotten just as bad if not worse service at DCA!!! I have had to wait 30 minutes for a corn dog, when there was only 3 people in front of me, and when I got it, it was burnt.
    My family waited 40 minutes at the Mexican place and there was only 4 or 5 people in front of us. The food was very good when we got it, but come on they only have 6 items on the menu, how hard can it be? It should never of taken that long. It really put us in a sour mood for a while. I expect to wait in lines when I visit DLR, but I also expect them to move the lines along in an efficient manner.

These incidents, and others, happened on different occasions and I write to Guest Relations each time. Of course I get back the standard form letter reply. As I work in the Guest Relations department of my own employeer I know that is how it goes, and I don't expect much more in the way of a reply. However, in my company we log every complaint we get and our managers look each week for trends, I imagine Disney Guest Relations works in a similar way. So if you are unhappy keep informing them...

• I was deleted.

Summer? These problems were around in JANUARY of 2005! I already told my mom how we need to bring food.

• Minion

I always bring food into the park because I keep it in the kid's diaper bag and they never complain about that (CMs that is). But yes, I've noticed that the lack of selection and quality has gone downhill since my first job there (Plaza Complex foods as a matter of fact). In all honesty, I couldn't take it working there for more than one summer. I'm the type of person that likes to get on the ball with things and everything seemed to move in such a snails pace. I don't think things have changed since the summer of 1992.

But I have also noticed that the quality of food is less than desirable and the selection as well. My husband is on a strict diet and now he can't eat anything healthy in the park or that is allowed in his diet. He may have a strict diet but we seem to have no problem anywhere else except amusement/theme parks. But now we either bring our own sandwiches or many times we go to DTD to that mexican take out place (sorry don't remember the name) and we get soft tacos (healthy too) for $3!!!!! I think they give you 2 or 3. That fills me up rather than $7.75 for a hot dog and chips too.

• Social Imagineer

It's probably in the leases of the Downtown Disney restaurants that Disney theme park food will get craptacular.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

I would imagine the thing with BB is that someone figured that if the "runners" brought out the food, it would free up the wait staff to stay on the floor and take care of the guests. Sounds good, anyway. But, when they get distracted and forget about you it is annoying. Even sitting there staring at your meal on that tray for a minute seems like a long time. (Dang it, I'm hongry... FEED ME!) Last time we went to the winery in DCA, the guy pouring the vino at the outside bar was such a Chatty Cathy it took 10 minutes to get a drink. He spent a good 10 minutes explaining the entire menu of both restaurants, complete with descriptions of each dish, to the guy ahead of me. We decided to watch the Block Party Bash from the terrace... not a bad place. Vic went to get refills and was the only person in line. Still took 10 minutes! Yak, Yak, Yak. I like a friendly CM, but enough is too much! I also chafe a bit at the idea of paying $15 for 6 oz of cheese, some grapes, five olives and a couple of crackers.

Best deal around: get a Wetzel Dog in DD... $3.50 and you get it NOW.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast