Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Chaney
    So, here we have The Happiest Place On Earth... the Gold Standard of theme parks... a place noted for 50 years for having the friendliest and most competent CMs... a park jam-packed with high tech amusements... and they haven't figured out how to do what McDonalds does everyday... serve a decent meal quickly and at a fair price?

If Hometown Buffet and can do it... you'd think The Disney Company could manage it too.

Who says that WANT to sell it at a fair price. They have the Public Hostage in there, and are making a mint on serving Garbage.

When i Visit i plan to eat at off times, or if i happen to see a smaller line I take advantage. Better to eat at 3:30 than wait an hour in line at 5.

And dont mention "Buffets" (I Have Horror Stories) One Very Wet and Slimey Sneeze can ruin your whole day.
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• Fireworks Finatic!

Isn't the Resort having problems with the Unions which all the foods people belong to, or something like that? That is what I heard a while back would cause a lot of problems this summer for the Parks.. Sounds like it is coming true.

• Disney Nerd

on behalf of foods....i'm sorry

we're insanely short staffed, and barely have enough cast members to keep stuff open. unfortunately there are times when we close locations early, or dont open at all so that we can use the labor elsewhere.

Also, i've been @ Village Haus on days when we have long lines, few cashiers and food waiting. It's due to our lack of CM's that this happens. For every register open, we need 2-3 people on the counter...and even more in the kitchen. so if we dont have the CM's on counter, the window wont be open. We've even been closing our cast window lately so that we can have an extra cashier for guests.

Please be kind to your Disneyland/DCA (no as much) Foods CM's...we are working long hours (12 hrs days, 6 & 7 day work weeks), breaks arent coming on time, if they get out at all...and the park is waaaayyy busier than it has been in a while.....and we're not getting much in return for all our hard work...

it's tough, hopefully with all the new CM's that are being hired in things will get better....but we've lost a TON of people, and it'll be a little bit before we see any recovery....again..

i'm sorry...

• Disney Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by AaronInCal
    Isn't the Resort having problems with the Unions which all the foods people belong to, or something like that? That is what I heard a while back would cause a lot of problems this summer for the Parks.. Sounds like it is coming true.
    YES!!!! Major Problems....

Please make sure that if you arent getting the service you feel you should be getting that you let someone know. Not your cashier, or runner, or busser...they will just agree with you. GO TO CITY HALL! Make your voice heard. Write Complaints, send emails...

[email protected]- Disneyland Pres
    [email protected]- VP of Foods

thanks...that it all

• CM for 4 years!

Quote Originally Posted by fantoongal
    on behalf of foods....i'm sorry

we're insanely short staffed, and barely have enough cast members to keep stuff open. unfortunately there are times when we close locations early, or dont open at all so that we can use the labor elsewhere.

Also, i've been @ Village Haus on days when we have long lines, few cashiers and food waiting. It's due to our lack of CM's that this happens. For every register open, we need 2-3 people on the counter...and even more in the kitchen. so if we dont have the CM's on counter, the window wont be open. We've even been closing our cast window lately so that we can have an extra cashier for guests.

Please be kind to your Disneyland/DCA (no as much) Foods CM's...we are working long hours (12 hrs days, 6 & 7 day work weeks), breaks arent coming on time, if they get out at all...and the park is waaaayyy busier than it has been in a while.....and we're not getting much in return for all our hard work...

it's tough, hopefully with all the new CM's that are being hired in things will get better....but we've lost a TON of people, and it'll be a little bit before we see any recovery....again..

i'm sorry...
    Same apology from me, although in my particular little segment, we are much less impacted than other areas. Host/Hostesses just set tables,a nd take guests to them. Yes, it gets a little hectic when there's only one of us doing one or the other, but we hardly affect the speed of the food getting served.

Still, apology extended.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• Hooterville, USA

I eat at 2 locations, BB and the Horseshoe. Both pricey for the food you get, but one comes with a live show, and the other comes with POTC. I love 'em bofe!

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Padawan

Somewhere in the Outer Rim territories...

Sorry

fantoongal and melmel- y'all shouldn't have to apologize! It isn't your fault that you're short staffed. I know how that is- at my place of work we are often short staffed, seeing as how people use it to get their foot in the door and then move on 6 months later. You just do your best and try to serve with a smile. (It isn't always easy!)

My experiences with food have been mostly positive in the years that I've been going regularly to DL. Every now and then it stinks, but c'est la vie, right?

Hopefully this summer CM numbers will go up and some of the stress (and length of lines) will go down!
    "...you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view." --Obi-Wan Kenobi

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

fantoongal and melmel:
    Thank you but no apology is necessary on your part. You're obviously working as hard as you can under difficult conditions. As I stated in an earlier post, though our experience at Coca Cola Corner was disappointing, there was one cast member who was working her butt off to get guests served. I felt a little bad for her because she seemed to be taking up the slack for a couple of other CMs whose movements were, frankly, leisurely. It was a crowded and busy day so I didn't take the time to complain about the subpar CMs...nor to file a compliment for the superior CM. I should have. Perhaps management will learn that they could pay the salaries of additional CMs by recovering the lost sales of frustrated guests who just get out of line. Despite lines and wait times, if the CMs are doing their best, how can you complain? My problems are with CMs who seem to have only one speed no matter how busy it is... or who can barely interrupt their phone call to tell me the Dole Whip machine is broken. I know these are exceptions to the rule.

BTW... Wasn't there a time when a backup machine would have been backstage waiting, just in case... or a repair person would have been dispatched pronto?
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Rainicorn.

fantoongal and melmel:

To reiterate what's been said before, it's not your fault. It's management. I'm sure all the CMs are working their butts off (well most of them) to compensate for the lack. You guys rule, but management needs to handle you, the crowds and everything else a bit better when it comes to food management. I thank you for your hard work!

Melmel, will you be working BB on the 17th around 2PM? I would love to take a picture with you!
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• insufferable know-it-all

12-hour days? Man, if Foods paid $10/hr I'd be sorely tempted to return right now....

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ah schucks
    Hey guys this is why APs can go grub up at DCA! Poor folks who are stuck in one park or another for the day! Also I recommend sit down restraunts for dinner, food and service are worth the cost!
    Yeah, gotta love the food at DCA. But we were at Disneyland for a few hours yesterday afternoon, and the food lines weren't like out of control or anything.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Videographer

It is easy to take shots at management but realize there is probably a whole lot more going on behind the scenes. When a Union is involved, it can be a very difficult situation. I have been the grunt as well as executive management in the food industry (not DLR.) I have been the union member as well as the management side. It can be a very difficult situation.

The besy way to handle this is as fantoongal said...

If you see a CM going to extra mile be sure to 1) thank them and 2) let City Hall know. I want to stress #1 - so many CMs take the brunt for what they cannot control. I always be sure to make CMs smile when I can.

If you see a CM that is 'lazy' be sure to let City Hall know.

There is a system in place to allow guests to comment, if we do not use the proper system then it is we who are failing too or at least prolonging the situation.

fantoongal - I notice your comments about breaks not coming. Are you at least getting your 30 minute lunch breaks around your 6th hour of work?

RU

• CM for 4 years!

Quote Originally Posted by RU42
    fantoongal - I notice your comments about breaks not coming. Are you at least getting your 30 minute lunch breaks around your 6th hour of work?
    Heh, even if she isn't, there's not really a way to report this. The way Disney runs, they could start ignoring most labor laws, if only casually, and get away with it, because there is no official "clock in/clock out" procedure for lunches or breaks.

Quote Originally Posted by robotpirates
    Melmel, will you be working BB on the 17th around 2PM? I would love to take a picture with you!
    HeckifIknow yet! It's too soon to tell, but since that's a Friday, most likely!!
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• Disney fans for life!

$10.00/hour? $120.00 for twelve hours of fast paced, non-stop work? AND you have to take grief from annoying AP's (not all of them) and sometimes skip your breaks?

Ouch...

I will be sure and thank (and appreciate) the quality CM's that we come in contact with more often. Keep up the good work. You all deserve a raise!

Why do all of the restaurants close so early? Last Tuesday the park was open till 10 and all of the restaurants except for one closed at 8:00. 2 hours before closing! The only place that was open was the little soup place outside New Orleans Square. The line to get your soup was about half an hour wait, and while one castmember was walking by the line, she said "I have never seen this line so long before". The line to get food was about twice as long as it was on May 5th. The food service is getting worse and worse, I thought it couldn't get worse than it was on May 5th but it has been. The only place you can eat at is the churro cart and that's a 10- 15 minute wait almost everytime.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast