Annual Passport benefits

can someone please tell me the differences between the annual passports?
    Also, i would like to know what the benefits are of an annual passport. the Disneyland website is very vague...
    thank you

• Still wants to be a cat!

Re: Annual Passoprt benefits

Mainly price and what days are blocked.

The benefits are numerous.....especially the discounts you have. Disneyland's website is not the easiest to use, but have patience, all the information is there........somewhere!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Basking in birthday love

The more money you pay, the fewer blockout days you have. You get food discounts with all APs, but I'm pretty sure only the Premium has a merchandise discount. The Premium is also the only one which includes free parking; if you want free parking on a lower pass, it's an additional fee (used to be $49, might have gone up). Those are the main differences, though it's been a while since I've had an AP, so I may be misremembering things.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• It's all about Theme!

As you get the more expensive AP's you get less blockout dates and for some dining and shopping discounts the percent goes up!
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

thanks everyone! does anyone know what the hotel discounts are?

^ They have selected dates called "AP Nights." You should call the specific hotels and ask them about it. I haven't use that benefit yet. Maybe someone can post how much of a discount AP's actually get.

As for the Premium AP: 10% on merchandise, 15% on food, free parking and of course 365 days entry!
    "To all who come to this happy place, welcome!"

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

Re: Annual Passport benefits

This page from the Disneyland site pretty much gives you all the info:

https://secure.disney.go.com/disneyl...derLandingPage

So Cal Select - 175 days available
    So Cal - 220 days available
    Deluxe - 315 days available
    Premium - 365 days available

10% food discount on So Cals, and Deluxe
    15% food discount on Premiums only

Tour discounts on Deluxe and Premiums only

10% Merchandise discount on Premiums only

Free parking on Premiums only

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

MouseSavers.com has a good description...

http://www.mousesavers.com/dlmeals.html#annual

Disneyland Annual Passholders get meal discounts at Disneyland Resort. Unless otherwise specified, discounts apply to the Passholder and the Passholder's dining party. Not valid at outdoor cart locations, snack locations, Club 33, Napa Rose, and Room Service locations. Dining discounts are not valid in combination with any other discounts or promotions and exclude alcoholic beverages, tax and gratuity.
    • Southern California Select Passport, Southern California Annual Passport and Deluxe Annual Passport holders get 10% off meals at virtually all dining locations, including most Disneyland, Disney's California Adventure and Disney hotel restaurants, as well as Downtown Disney restaurants.

• Premium Annual Passholders get 15% off meals at virtually all dining locations in Disneyland, Disney's California Adventure and Disney hotels, and 10% off at most Downtown Disney restaurants.
    Disneyland Annual Passholders get nice merchandise discounts at the Disneyland Resort. A single $10 transaction required before tax. Not valid in combination with any other discounts or promotions or on purchases of original and limited-edition artwork or selected collectibles. Excludes the following locations: Names Unraveled, Jewel of Orleans, Silhouette Artist, Portrait artists in New Orleans, Parasol cart, Heraldry shop, Crystal shops on Main Street and in New Orleans and Blast cart.

Premium Annual Passport holders get 10% off merchandise at most shops in Disneyland, Disney's California Adventure and Disney hotels as well as Downtown Disney shops, including World of Disney and Marceline's Confectionery.

Southern California Select Passport, Southern California Annual Passport and Deluxe Annual Passport holders get 10% off merchandise at most Downtown Disney shops, except World of Disney and Marceline's Confectionery.
    http://www.mousesavers.com/dlresorts.html#ap

Annual Passholder Rates (HOTELS) - Annual Passholders may qualify for discounted rates -- call and ask for "Annual Passholder Rates." The general discount is 10% off rack rates, and sometimes there are specials that are more deeply discounted (generally in off-season, like September, October and January). Discounts are not always available, particularly during peak periods (all holidays, summer). Rates are lowest on Sunday-Thursday nights. The very lowest rates are typically offered about a month in advance. Limit 2 rooms per person at discounted rate. Be sure to check the Expedia rates below, which are sometimes LOWER than the Annual Passholder rates.

Also, the Howard Johnson on Harbor gives a 15% discount off their lowest rate to AP holders...

http://www.hojoanaheim.com/mousesavers/

Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Premium Youngling and

So has anybody ever used thier AP for a hotel discount? I would love to hear it!