Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Do you think I'm... odd?

Talking OMG! RoseRed's FIRST Trip Report! Dinner at the Napa Rose

Hey all!

To celebrate my TRIUMPHANT return to Micechat, I have decided to give my FIRST EVER trip report! Woo! ^_^

So, on Saturday the 10th, to start celebrating Valentine's Day early, my date wanted to take me to the Napa Rose, since the last time we went by someone had bought out the ENTIRE restaurant and we couldn't go. This time, we had our reservation and we were going to dine in STYLE!

Of course, I'll take any opportunity to dress up and our waiter took our picture soon after we were seated...

And our waiter, Saucy, was THE MAN. He was SO POLITE, incredibly knowledgeable, not only about the dishes but about the wine, and he made the experience SO enjoyable and memorable. If you go, ask for Saucy. He's awesome. Okay, I don't even LIKE wine because I don't like the taste of alcohol. It has to taste sweet for me to like it. I gave Saucy that description and he brought out the perfect wine for me to taste. It tasted like a Granny Smith apple! A 2005 Reisling, it was like Martinelli's only more tart. I couldn't believe he brought it out after the vague description I gave of what I wanted. OMG, he rules. Here's a picture of our little table with the very tasty bread that was brought to us...

Anyway! After we ordered, our server came by with these cute little hors d'oevres, which I missed the description of but they contained some kind of fish and some potato, I think it was calamari of some kind... Tasty!

On Morrigoon's recommendation, I started with the cornmeal crepes. OMG, so decadent! It's no wonder they only give you two. The apple slices really set off the rich taste of the fish and cornmeal. They were wonderful!

My date had the Mountain O Salad, otherwise known as the field of greens. He had asked for no cucumbers, but they were still in there. Not a big deal, but actually Saucy got more upset than we did. He said someone would be beaten into submission later.

For my entree, I had the Almond Crusted Red Tasmanian Trout, which was OMGPERFECT. The fish tasted so good, I would have sworn it was salmon, that's how rich the taste was. It was on a bed of Fugi Apple slices (my favorite) and sauteed mushrooms, in some kind of wine sauce. I ate every bit of it, so amazing. (My date had the New York Steak, but he didn't send me the pic... Rest assured though, it was great. He ordered it Medium Rare, and it had the perfect streak of pink ALL the way through. We don't know how they managed that.)

And finally, for dessert, he had the apple crostada with almond ice cream, and I debated on being adventurous and getting the pear cheesecake with the sweet blue cheese ice cream... but chickened out at the last second and went with the flourless chocolate cake with chocolate chunk ice cream. O.M.G. I took a bite of that cake and I just about died. It was heaven and sin on a plate. The devil on my shoulder looked at the angel on my other shoulder and said "Truce?" SO. GOOD. I can't describe the wonderfulness of this cake. And since we told Saucy we were celebrating Valentine's early, he had them write "Happy Valentine's Day" in chocolate on the plates! Awww...

And feeling very full of delicious food, we took our leave. It truly was a magical evening... I felt like a princess. ^_^ I can honestly say, it was something that will live in my memory for a very very long time. I'll be going back for dessert more often! (They're actually really reasonable!)

And, just to add some Spam... I just found out that in the finale of the Flashback show, I'm dancing with Dapper Dan Blue! The really really CUTE one with the amazing blue eyes! I'm so excited! Totally, come see the show, the money's going to charity, and see me as a ditzy gangster moll dancing with Dapper Dan Blue! ^_^

Hugs to everyone...
    RoseRed
    Ask me to share your fantasies, dear, but don't ask me where tomorrow is
    Don't ask me where to find happiness, though I know for sure where sorrow is

"A mistake played with hesitance is a mistake. A mistake played with authority is an interpretation." @}--->----

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

Re: OMG! RoseRed's FIRST Trip Report! Dinner at the Napa Rose

What a wonderful TR! I'm glad you and your date had a wonderful time. You both look great and the food...I wish I could pluck it from my computer screen.

And holy cow am I jealous about you and Dapper Dan Blue!! (Stephen, right?) Seriously, you're going to have to slip him some phone numbers, or MiceChat cards at the least, so we can start a stalker fan club for him on here.

• Basking in birthday love

Mmmm, delcious food.... Mmmm... Dapper Dan Blue... Very tasty on both counts. (What can I say, I'm a sucker for blue eyes.)

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aerinpegadrak View Post
    Mmmm, delcious food.... Mmmm... Dapper Dan Blue... Very tasty on both counts. (What can I say, I'm a sucker for blue eyes.)
    You and me both, honey!

• :)

I was going to make a thread about this but I think this is a great place to ask =)

1 - awsome trip report!

2 - How expensive would a dinner for two (with dessert) be at the Napa Rose? I know you cant approximate anything...Hmm... well, how much does a normal dish run you? Steak? just curious

• All you need is LOVE

Awe what a sweet TR. I love it . Thanks for sharing. We miss you girl

• Ultimate Margarita Time!

I so need to eat there...

• I love loop jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by RoseRedAngel View Post

And our waiter, Saucy, was THE MAN. He was SO POLITE, incredibly knowledgeable, not only about the dishes but about the wine, and he made the experience SO enjoyable and memorable.

OMG! I was sitting directly behind you!! And Saucy was mine and goofygoof's waiter too! I wish I knew you were a MiceChatter, I would have said hi.

Quote Originally Posted by French25Fan View Post
    OMG! I was sitting directly behind you!! And Saucy was mine and goofygoof's waiter too! I wish I knew you were a MiceChatter, I would have said hi.
    What can I say? It's a small world after all! ^_^ And yeah, I kind of dropped off the face of the (mouse) planet (hee hee, pun intended), because I started working huge amounts of overtime and working sundays. I miss the meets so much... And all the Micechatters! *hugs to all* One day, I shall get my car back and a sunday will be free!

"A mistake played with hesitance is a mistake. A mistake played with authority is an interpretation." @}--->----

• Senior Minion

My wife and I need to go there. Thanks for the pictures of some of the great food. Glad you had a good time.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Quote Originally Posted by mulishaCM View Post
    I was going to make a thread about this but I think this is a great place to ask =)

1 - awsome trip report!

2 - How expensive would a dinner for two (with dessert) be at the Napa Rose? I know you cant approximate anything...Hmm... well, how much does a normal dish run you? Steak? just curious
    I think the steak was about 30ish dollars, most entrees run from around 30-40 dollars a plate. The desserts are really reasonable, from around 8-10 dollars apiece. Of course, I get a nice discount, so our dinner with 3 glasses of the Reisling, appetizers, entrees, and dessert, was around $120 before tip. And worth every penny! ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by MissChristine View Post
    What a wonderful TR! I'm glad you and your date had a wonderful time. You both look great and the food...I wish I could pluck it from my computer screen.

And holy cow am I jealous about you and Dapper Dan Blue!! (Stephen, right?) Seriously, you're going to have to slip him some phone numbers, or MiceChat cards at the least, so we can start a stalker fan club for him on here.
    Yep, Steve! OMG, he's dreamy. And he's lots of fun, too. I told him I was going to brag to all my friends that I was dancing with him and he laughed. I also told him that his costume does wonders for his eyes and he told me that it was luck because the color of your costume is dictated by what part you sing. O_o I didn't know that, although I had seen it and suspected...

Dapper Dan Blue fan club... That's no more stalkery than being a fan of Constance's Cleavage, I think. ^_^ (I kid, I kid... You know I love all you Cleavage fans.)

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Thanks for such a great trip report and wonderful pictures. Glad you had such a nice dinner!

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• MiceChat News Team
    • Sparkle Plenty

Lovely pictures and great first TR! I am not a huge wine fan myself, but Reisling = delish. Also, Gewurztraminer you might like. Yummers.

I am trying to work it out so I can come back down for Flashback, but since I was just there for the anniversary..... it's kinda pushing it with the husband. I want to though, so much!

• Oh my Goodness!

Great TR! All the pictures and descriptions of the food have made me very hungry! Good job RR!

And - this may be a stupid question - but what is the Flashback show? Sorry if it's a silly question.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast