Thread: Notes from 2/12

• n/a

Notes from 2/12

So yeah, got to the park, realised I brought my camera... but no memory card. So no pics or real trip report. HOWEVER, some notes:

The STAR TOURS screne is working again, I dont know when it got fixed, but it had been broken for months!

The Orange Stinger is GONE, it's just a hollow peel now.

I thought someone had reported that the HM bride had moved back to her original spot... she was on the left today.

Last but not least, anybody know the record for most Dole Whips in a day? My friend finished at 4 today.
    “Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.” ~ Mel Brooks

• n/a

Re: Notes from 2/12

Oh,

And does anybody know the color code to the park side lamp posts on the tramway from Mickey and friends to the parks?

They're grouped together reds, blues, oranges, etc.
    “Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.” ~ Mel Brooks

• Old Timer

How were the crowds? Was the train running?
    I'm taking my 84 year old Father later this week and I want all the information I can get so it will be an extra special time for him. After all, he was the one who first took me to the Disneyland!
    Thanks.

• n/a

In the AM it was fairly empty, 20 mins for Space. Then in the middle of the day BOOM, packed. We went on Autopia with a 5 min wait, when we got off it was 40 mins.

If you're going mid week you should be fine.

No train running.

• Neep meep beep

Wait, wait... what does this mean?

The STAR TOURS screne is working again

• Queen of Sarcasm

I think he is talking about the big screen in the first room when you walk in. It was broken for years and then recently fixed it to show different clips.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by PirateChick View Post
    I think he is talking about the big screen in the first room when you walk in. It was broken for years and then recently fixed it to show different clips.
    Broken how? I have been going on Star Tours for the past several years and the screen has always worked. What wasn't working? Was something missing?

• Neep meep beep

Yeah, I wasn't aware of any scene that was broken -- maybe I didn't pay enough attention, but I thought the big screen always worked ... and is that a "scene"?

• n/a

I guess it has been down for years. The screne shows commercials for flights and such.

• Up is Down

Quote Originally Posted by demento57 View Post
    I guess it has been down for years. The screne shows commercials for flights and such.

ahhhhh I go on almost every trip and it has worked everytime! It never was broken! It does not always show something because it doesn't. But it has never been broken.
    The earth is round.... or so i've found.

• Queen of Sarcasm

Well, from what I gathered in the 1.5 years I was a Tomorrowland Attractions CM, the screen had been broken for a couple of years as was the majority of things around TL. Show effects on the rides were broken but never fixed. At the start of the 50th they wanted everything to be in perfect working condition so one of the things they fixed was the big screen. It can be a hit or miss now. My friends that work the ride say it is a miss usually.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Uh...no it hasn't? It worked fine a couple of months ago when I went on it. And others are saying it worked fine just recently.

Edited: just looked at PirateChick's post...so maybe it has?

I thought someone had reported that the HM bride had moved back to her original spot... she was on the left today.
    Well technically, that is the original spot.

When Mansion opened in 1969, the Hatbox Ghost was to right of the Doombuggies, and his bride was to the left. The Hatbox Ghost was removed soon after the attraction opened and the bride was moved to his spot on the right. She's been in that spot until Constance "appeared".
    "JESUS!!! That's Cold!" -- Walt Disney's final words.

"You hear people talk about, 'I don't think Walt would like this,' or 'I don't think Walt would like that.' You have no idea what Walt would want! No clue whatsoever! Because the people that worked with him day in and day out didn't know what Walt wanted. Walt didn't know what he wanted 'til he wanted it."
    -- Randy Thornton, Walt Disney Records