Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: WARNING: All Micechatters going to Disneyland the Weekend of March 23rd!!!

Im just glad I got the warning -- I've been there a couple years in a row when they were hosting the cheer competition. It's great that they love cheerleading and that they're happy/excited, but there's a fine line between happy/excited and horribly obnoxious.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I thought that the OP meant that all the Chatters were going to be invading Disneyland that day !

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

USA Nationals, I'm guessing. It's a Friday/Saturday/Sunday thing. And while the big groups of zealous cheer gals in warmup suits and hair tied up in bandanas are there and screaming, remember that they're there to enjoy Disneyland too, and they're used to exerting a lot of energy. So, screaming and bouncing around, that's just what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYardDog View Post
    Frankly, I always enjoyed any guest who was having a good time no matter how cheery they were.
    I agree 1000%, Jeff!

Honestly people. It's the Happiest Place on Earth. Yeah, it's easy to rag on the Cheerleaders. But don't forget that everyone who comes to Disneyland is Walt's guest.

Life is too short. Relax and stop taking yourselves so seriously.
    Last edited by brassplayer; 02-14-2007 at 02:28 PM.
    "JESUS!!! That's Cold!" -- Walt Disney's final words.

"You hear people talk about, 'I don't think Walt would like this,' or 'I don't think Walt would like that.' You have no idea what Walt would want! No clue whatsoever! Because the people that worked with him day in and day out didn't know what Walt wanted. Walt didn't know what he wanted 'til he wanted it."
    -- Randy Thornton, Walt Disney Records

• WDW Fant! Premiere Cast

Thanks for the heads up, I booked my flight a while ago to meet up with friends and it happens to be that weekend. I'm staying at my friend's apartment in Anaheim so no need for a hotel. I get there that Wed night and Thursday morning I activate my very first annual pass! Good thing I have that and didn't just buy a 3 day pass...now it doesn't matter if I don't get to do everything I want. I'll be back when it's Really crowded, 4th of July!

Sorry guys! I was going to post a warning too. The cheer squad i coach is going to nationals at the convention center that weekend. The packet that we paid for has three day hopper tickets to disneyland included. We will be in the park all weekend. The girls are well behaved but they are going to be excited. There are going to be tons of cheerleaders in the park. personally i would stay away! lol Wish us luck!

C'mon everybody, here we go!

I was there that week 2 years ago. It wasn't too bad inside Disneyland. The hotel was another story. We stayed at the Candy Cane Inn where there were alot of cheerleaders. It was actually pretty funny. We came back from DL one afternoon and there was a chaperone pounding on the door 2 rooms down from us screaming "I know you've got boys in there! Let me in right now! Your parents are going to hear about this!" What wasn't funny was when the pool was cleared out the next afternoon because one of the cheerleaders threw up in it.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto View Post
    I support the cheerleaders. In fact, Give me a "C"! Give me an "H"! Give me an "E"...!
    Give me a "V"....Give me an "I".....Give me a "C".....give me an "O"....Give me a "D"....Give me another "I"....Give me an "N!"

Quote Originally Posted by localdisnyfan View Post
    Give me a "V"....Give me an "I".....Give me a "C".....give me an "O"....Give me a "D"....Give me another "I"....Give me an "N!"
    : (

C'mon everybody, here we go!

• Comin' at ya!

Cheerleaders
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by JeffYardDog View Post
    Boy, you have the right attitude for the parks ...

Frankly, I always enjoyed any guest who was having a good time no matter how cheery they were.
    When you are behind a few cheerleaders complete with their team jacket on and suddenly their 40 friends enter the line to join them 30 minutes later, effectively cutting in front of you, you'll know what I mean.

And then you have to hear them chat away loudly for the next 30 minutes. It's enough to drive the most patient person insane.

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

Quote Originally Posted by barfownz View Post
    Cheerleading convention? Will Miley Cyrus be there?!
    Ok, I'll bite. Why would she be at a cheerleading convention?
    Fight On! Beat the Bulldogs!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

Quote Originally Posted by Motorboat Cruiser View Post
    Did you also call out Anthony Hopkins for not being a cannibal in real life?
    This device kills fascists.

I'm glad I booked in January, not so glad it will be crowded. Is the convention over by friday or going on thru the weekend? Just wondering the best time to put the kids down for a nap.

• Minion

Thanks for the heads up. This weekend is going down on my calendar as "do not enter DL!!"

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by SpokkerJones View Post
    When you are behind a few cheerleaders complete with their team jacket on and suddenly their 40 friends enter the line to join them 30 minutes later, effectively cutting in front of you, you'll know what I mean.

And then you have to hear them chat away loudly for the next 30 minutes. It's enough to drive the most patient person insane.
    I dealt with all kinds of groups when I was a CM and with long lines at Soarin' they could be in line for a long time. Until you've dealt with obnoxious, demanding guests, I guess you can't appreciate how anyone that's happy is a piece of cake.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast