Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• "Always On The Move..."

Help Me Darkbeer...Your My Only Hope! Need Pics of BanjoPlayer Shack on PotC

In the midst of doing a makeover on my backyard and looking at some kind of cover/overlay to go over my outdoor spa. Since going through a particularly nasty bout of skin cancer, I get to pretty much play vampire now and need a gazabo type of thing to completely keep the sun away when I get in.

So, looking at the Banjo player/Tia Dalma Shack just before you go into the drop for PotC, it dawned on me what a great thing to build around the spa. AND of course, Darkbeer and his magic camera came to mind.

So, DB, do you or anyone else have clear, detailed shots of the shack? Planning on replicating it and my builder says that if he can get a decent pic, he can do it.

So, again,, Help Me DarkBeer...Your My Only Hope!!!!

Thanks!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

•   
    • Main Street VIPs

Re: Help Me Darkbeer...Your My Only Hope! Need Pics of BanjoPlayer Shack on PotC

This isn't exactly what you requested, but it reminded me of the PofC shack. Thought it might be helpful. (It was taken at the Magic Kingdom from the Liberty Belle.)

Rick

• Who's your DaddyB?

Re: Help Me Darkbeer...Your My Only Hope! Need Pics of BanjoPlayer Shack on PotC

You might try checking out www.davelandweb.com
    I recall seeing pictures of the banjo player's cabin in the potc photos they have. I don't really support this person's site that much because they take pictures inside dark rides with a flash, and that bothers me. But you being a cancer survivor and all, I thought I'd clue you in.
    ---------------------------------------------

a walk around the park... Star Tours, Nemo, Fantasyland, Frontierland, DCA... and more!

• Neep meep beep

Everytime I see those bright, washed out flash photographs of Peter Pan, Haunted Mansion, and other formerly "dark" rides, my stomach just sinks.

Thanks guys...all that's needed is just need the right side of the cabin now...but the other pics are also great and will really help. Thanks again.

I also cringe when I see someone using a flash.... that's why I did a post, thinking that maybe DB or someone had managed to get a great shot with a much better camera than my little digital (which took a black blob) LOL

As for the skin cancer...it started out looking like a pin-point size blackhead on the very tip of my nose. It wound up becoming a 7 hour process to remove it all (which resulted in a nickel-sized in diameter and 1/2 inch deep hole ...think the "Tin Man" effect). They told me one more "slice" and I would have had an open wound all the way through to the nasal area..unnerving enough to see the cartlidge exposed. Had a 5 hour reconstructive surgery to put things back together again..and other than it being a bit broader and some scarring (which they said could be touched up with lasers)... CANCER IS GONE!!!! Which is the most important part. So, I'm pretty good about "being a vampire"now. Just do NOT want to go through that again... Hats, shade and tons of the proper sunscreens are my best friends. (Ok..just wanting every one to know to make sure and take care of yourselves).

Thanks again for the pics..gives me a great start.

I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Well I'm not drakbeer but would I do. I will check for more photos.
    that is only one I have

AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

• Who's your DaddyB?

Quote Originally Posted by AlohaStitch View Post
    As for the skin cancer...it started out looking like a pin-point size blackhead on the very tip of my nose. It wound up becoming a 7 hour process to remove it all (which resulted in a nickel-sized in diameter and 1/2 inch deep hole ...think the "Tin Man" effect). They told me one more "slice" and I would have had an open wound all the way through to the nasal area..unnerving enough to see the cartlidge exposed. Had a 5 hour reconstructive surgery to put things back together again..and other than it being a bit broader and some scarring (which they said could be touched up with lasers)... CANCER IS GONE!!!! Which is the most important part. So, I'm pretty good about "being a vampire"now. Just do NOT want to go through that again... Hats, shade and tons of the proper sunscreens are my best friends. (Ok..just wanting every one to know to make sure and take care of yourselves).

Thanks again for the pics..gives me a great start.

WOW
    That sounds like it was close to melanoma, which is a real killer.
    Again, Congrats.

a walk around the park... Star Tours, Nemo, Fantasyland, Frontierland, DCA... and more!

• Yeti Enthusiast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Without flash it's basically impossible. Just as hard as the ghost in leotas room on HM.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood1939 View Post
    Without flash it's basically impossible. Just as hard as the ghost in leotas room on HM.

Isn't it visible from the Blue Bayou? My money is on you and Froggy. The next time you're in the BB with your 1.4 lens, it would be a piece of cake. Especially with a tripod or monopod.

• FastPass n00b

Based on the expression of the mannequin's face, I'd like to know what he has in that pipe.

• Still lost in Neverland

Based on that picture from Matterhorn Boy I would say that the camera has taken a very nice picture, without a flash it looks like. That's an amazing picture. That should help a lot.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Who's your DaddyB?

That's a flash picture.

Quote Originally Posted by daddyb View Post
    WOW
    That sounds like it was close to melanoma, which is a real killer.
    Again, Congrats.
    It was Basal Cell...which is as close as I ever want to be to that again...thanks for the Congrats..!!!

And the rest of you.. OMG those pics are amazing.. You guys are the best!!
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

let us know if you are able to build it!

C'mon everybody, here we go!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast