Grad Nite 2005 Performers????

I'm heading off to grad nite tomorrow... anyone know who is performing this year?

nvm i figured it out myself

Tell Us! plz, when did grad nite start this year? I have mine next year! woohoo 4 me!
    Current DL Entertainment Technical Services

Former DCA Attractions CM

I may sound dumb but in all my years on Disneyland messageboards I have heard about grad night hundreds of times but never known exactly what it is. Can someone explain it to me, how you get to go, etc.?

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by rytheguy
    I may sound dumb but in all my years on Disneyland messageboards I have heard about grad night hundreds of times but never known exactly what it is. Can someone explain it to me, how you get to go, etc.?
    Grad Night is a special event for seniors graduating. The school (or the graduating class) decided whether or not to go. (Sometimes schools are not allowed to go, for some reason.) Some schools will disallow certain students from going. It's basically a glorified field trip to the school. To Disney it's just another private party, albeit with teenagers with a mass teenage mentality.

Also, there are several nights, and great care is taken to minimize rival schools from going on the same night, for obvious reasons.
    Anywho, the park is closed early to the public, and the graduating seniors (and dates, for some schools) have the run of the place starting at 10PM or so(?).
    In the past, there were decent, well-known live bands that played, although it seems that only DJs will play this year. In the past, a dress code was required, but I think that's been dropped as well.
    It's pretty expensive (tickets plus bus ride), it's pretty crowded, and it's nearly all night.

Other parks (Disney and otherwise) around the country host grad nights as well. Pretty much the same rules or format apply. I went to one at a well-known midwest park. Rained nearly all night.

I don't know what more to say about it. People sometimes remember theirs as something special (DL has been hosting them for, what, 30 years?)
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

SO your school has to sponsor a trip? You can't just go with your friends or something after you graduate?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by rytheguy
    SO your school has to sponsor a trip? You can't just go with your friends or something after you graduate?
    Your school has to be invited by Disney or request a night from Disney. You are only allowed to go on a certain night and can only get the tickets from your school since it is a special event.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.Newseditor44
    Your school has to be invited by Disney or request a night from Disney. You are only allowed to go on a certain night and can only get the tickets from your school since it is a special event.
    I know last year the one they had at WDW Simple Plan played and one of my friends went. She didn't go with her school though. And technically if I wanted to go all the way from Minnesota I could have. I thought that was cool. But I had a play that weekend. Enjoy your Grad Nite!!!

So who are the gradnite performers? Where do you find out? A friend of mine is going tomorrow, mine is in a week I think.

So where do you find out the performers?

• Minion

When I went to mine (1990) the pamphlets they sent to my high school already had who was performing at Grad Nite. I think the Jets performed at mine and my husband tells me that New Kids on the Block performed at his (1989)

• Skipping on Main Street

Under the stairs at Main St. train station
    Quote Originally Posted by phil
    I'm heading off to grad nite tomorrow... anyone know who is performing this year?

I will be at pat downs, kids...you better behave
    Well Secluded, I see all!!!

Disney Paranormal Society

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MyThioIsGoofy
    So who are the gradnite performers? Where do you find out? A friend of mine is going tomorrow, mine is in a week I think.

So where do you find out the performers?
    I thought I read somewhere that there will be only DJ's. I think this came from someone who has already gone this year.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Rainicorn.

At DL there is:

Club KROQ (Tomorrowland)
    Club KIIS (Hub, I THINK)
    Club Power 106. (BTR)

You can see some of my grad nite pictures here (from 2004):

http://photobucket.com/albums/v354/r...bot/gradnite2/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v354/robotrobot/gradnite/
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --