Darkbeer? Wait times POSTED in Disneyland?

Hi,

I was checking out some photos at Darkbeers smugmug site, and noticed a sign that lists wait times for Disneyland rides. When did this get installed?

Funny thing is last summer I had a hard time one day at DL becuase it was very crowded. I was showing a visitor around and we had to do a lot of back and forth all over the park because of unpredictable wait times and several ride closures (and I know every fastpass trick in the book, the day was still HARD WORK for reducing wait times).

We commented that it'd be cool to hae a sign that told you wait times etc so you didn't have to GO to the ride to find out, then end up going back and forth all over the park.

Next day we visited Universal Studios Hollywood and discovered they already do this there!! And very well I might add. Saves you having to go up and down those LOOOONG escalators only to find a 70 minute wait for Jurassic Park, for example. Extremely good idea and expertly implemented at Universal.

ANYWAY< I see on your smug mug site, Darbeer, that DL seems to have incoporated something similar (though it doesn't appear to be digitally / computer upgraded every 5 minutes or whatever they do at Universal).

Any info on this, anyone?

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Darkbeer? Wait times POSTED in Disneyland?

Quote Originally Posted by Mousing Around View Post
    Hi,

I was checking out some photos at Darkbeers smugmug site, and noticed a sign that lists wait times for Disneyland rides. When did this get installed?

Funny thing is last summer I had a hard time one day at DL becuase it was very crowded. I was showing a visitor around and we had to do a lot of back and forth all over the park because of unpredictable wait times and several ride closures (and I know every fastpass trick in the book, the day was still HARD WORK for reducing wait times).

We commented that it'd be cool to hae a sign that told you wait times etc so you didn't have to GO to the ride to find out, then end up going back and forth all over the park.

Next day we visited Universal Studios Hollywood and discovered they already do this there!! And very well I might add. Saves you having to go up and down those LOOOONG escalators only to find a 70 minute wait for Jurassic Park, for example. Extremely good idea and expertly implemented at Universal.

ANYWAY< I see on your smug mug site, Darbeer, that DL seems to have incoporated something similar (though it doesn't appear to be digitally / computer upgraded every 5 minutes or whatever they do at Universal).

Any info on this, anyone?
    the boad alway been there, but the last set picture darkbeer did is when disneyland was repaint the sign.
    disneyland use a castmember and a radio or telephone on the wait time.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day ºoº 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

• Basking in birthday love

The Information Board is located in the Central Plaza near the Plaza Pavillion. During the day it is staffed by a Guest Relations Cast Member, who calls around to all the rides for updated information. The board does close toward evening, though I'm not exactly sure of the time. I don't know when this was installed, but it's been there ever since I can remember.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

How long has it been there???

• Minion

I think its been there for many years, I seem to remember it back in the 80's or 90's
    “Any sequel three or higher..... around number five they get a new cast, that’s when the magic really happens": Modern Family

Yikes, this is entirely embarassing. I've been going there for 12 years.

Wish I knew about it last summer! Do they update it to say when a ride is CLOSED temporarily?

• I'm listening to KDROID

Yes they do, something like "This attraction is temporarily closed / currently not in operation. Please check back later," or something to that effect.

By the way, the centralized wait-time board was invented by a Disneyland attractions host.