Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Blind to His Own Faults

Tomorrowland..? Fuhgeddabowdit.

The re-tooling of Tomorrowland has recently become a "pet project" for MCer's.
    I was hoping you all can focus your keen intellects on poor little Frontierland for a spell, and post your ideas and opinions on improving this overlooked Land.
    With the recent "refurb" of TSI, and pirate elements somewhat encroaching on Frontierland, what should be in store for a Land with the enormous potential Frontierland has. I find it shocking how this Land, with it's wealth of Historical theming possibilities has but one real ride: BTMRR ( I know the canoes are great, as well as the Mark Twain, but so much more should be done). How 'bout a Western-themed (Davy Crockett? Pecos Bill?) shoot-em-up Dark Ride ala BLAB? A Western River Expedition? A Pocahontas ride for you animated movie-themed ride lovers? I'd even settle for an Apple Dumpling Gang ride ! Tell me your ideas about the elimination of Big Thunder Ranch (petting zoo, and BBQ joint)--after relocating the Turkeys and shed to another Frontierland location, of course--and what should be put in it's place. A "Boot Hill", "Tombstone/ OK Corral" type E-ticket? Or even an E-Ticket ride at all?
    I'd love to do some concept drawings for some of your best ideas. Help me out, pardners... make this the wildest thread in the Wilderness.

• It's all nonsense

Re: Tomorrowland..? Fuhgeddabowdit.

I think it's time for Davey Crockett to make a comeback.

The problem with Frontierland is that it doesn't quite have the benefit of being on the edge of the park, hence limiting the space for show buildings etc. Big Thunder Ranch seems to be the only option for expansion and I'm all for it. That area always seemed lackluster to me. Maybe a re-do of the Indian Village to blend in with the Indian scenes on the ROA?

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    I think it's time for Davey Crockett to make a comeback.

The problem with Frontierland is that it doesn't quite have the benefit of being on the edge of the park, hence limiting the space for show buildings etc. Big Thunder Ranch seems to be the only option for expansion and I'm all for it. That area always seemed lackluster to me. Maybe a re-do of the Indian Village to blend in with the Indian scenes on the ROA?
    I agree. I think Indian Folklore (Wendigo?) and superstition would be a great theme for an E-ticket. I'd also love to see a village return...

A ride with characters from Native American Mythology? The trickster Coyote? Raven?

I designed a Pecos Bill darkride awhile ago. It was quite similiar to the new Crush Coaster they are building. Guests would ride in barrels that would freely spin. The first portion of the ride would be a basic darkride, setting up Pecos Bill's story while taking passengers slowly upwards. The second half of the ride would be a zippy spinning ride through tornadoes, flash floods, a shootout, over the moon.

I even had a fun idea of how to do the tornado scene. The track is a downward spiral with cartoony sections of tornado surrounding the track spinning in the opposite direction. Also, a few cattle and Pecos himself are spinning along with the twister. The effect would make it seem as if you were spinning around twice as fast, and would be very dizzying.

• Minion

Frontierland

Bring back Slue Foot Sue's Golden Horseshoe Revue, in a streamlined version, with the Can-Can girls, chanteuse and vaudevillian comedian (scrap the tenor).

Revive Indian Village with authentic Native American dances and a dark ride into Indian mythology, perhaps centered on the coyote or the eagle - - maybe with a flying element for thrill.

Move Walt's Mr. Lincoln show to a smaller venue in Frontierland (perhaps replacing the shooting gallery).

New Restaurant on the shores of the Rivers of America, enveloped by the shimmering waterfalls of the Cascade Mountains.

Clear the Zorro theme park rights and build a proper Mexican village in the rancho area, with a Zorro's Ride simulated adventure from Hacienda DelaVega through the desert to a fight for freedom with the corrupt government officials of Pueblo deLos Angeles (though this might be good at DCA too - - either way good for "Disneylandia" tourists from south of the border where Zorro is still a big thing)...

...a 3-D enhanced Three Caballeros boat ride through animated psychedelia and live-action babes -- a transitional element to new backdoor Toontown entry.

OR - - In ranch area: The Nautilus and Vulcania with the tour through Nemo's sub (ala DLP) and Journey to the Center of the Earth ride (ala TDL, but maybe a new version with thrills). A great transition from Frontierland to Fantasyland. (NOT Discovery Bay, just Vulcania).

OR - - give the ranch to Fantasyland for a Forbidden Mountain/Maleficent/villain area.

(But whatever happens, don't fuggeddabout Tomorrowland - - it must be fixed first).

Quote Originally Posted by Professortango View Post
    I designed a Pecos Bill darkride awhile ago. It was quite similiar to the new Crush Coaster they are building. Guests would ride in barrels that would freely spin. The first portion of the ride would be a basic darkride, setting up Pecos Bill's story while taking passengers slowly upwards. The second half of the ride would be a zippy spinning ride through tornadoes, flash floods, a shootout, over the moon.

I even had a fun idea of how to do the tornado scene. The track is a downward spiral with cartoony sections of tornado surrounding the track spinning in the opposite direction. Also, a few cattle and Pecos himself are spinning along with the twister. The effect would make it seem as if you were spinning around twice as fast, and would be very dizzying.
    That sounds smashing--did you ever do any layouts? production sketches or storyboards for it? If you haven't, you should consider it; it's a winner of an idea--I loved the Disney Tall Tales with Pecos Bill.

• Minion FOREVER!

Nice thread, Swabby!

I completely agree that Frontierland has been overlooked (although it's one of the largest
    physically).

Personally, I would really love WRE to be incorporated AROUND BTMRR (like it was originally
    supposed to be in WDW MK; I understand that it's pretty hard in the way that DL's BTMRR
    is set up) That can easily incorporate Pecos Bill IMHO.

Bring back Slue Foot Sue's Golden Horseshoe Revue, in a streamlined version, with the Can-Can girls, chanteuse and vaudevillian comedian (scrap the tenor).
    Loved the Can-Can--Added the Wild element to the Wilds of Frontierland
    Revive Indian Village with authentic Native American dances and a dark ride into Indian mythology, perhaps centered on the coyote or the eagle - - maybe with a flying element for thrill.
    I agree. IMHO the Indian Village could have the potential to become dry and uninteresting to frequent visitors--the accompanying Dark Ride could remedy this
    Move Walt's Mr. Lincoln show to a smaller venue in Frontierland (perhaps replacing the shooting gallery).
    Always believed Mr. Lincoln's Home should be in Frontierland. Bravo!

...a 3-D enhanced Three Caballeros boat ride through animated psychedelia and live-action babes -- a transitional element to new backdoor Toontown entry.
    While I never cared much for the 3 caballeros much (or the 3 amigos, or 3 stooges, for that matter), a transition between ToonTown would be helpful. Maybe A Woody (Toy Story) element for transition as well/instead?

(But whatever happens, don't fuggeddabout Tomorrowland - - it must be fixed first)
    My only real disagreement with your terrific ideas...

Bring back the Frito Kid! I think each land should have some relic from
    Disneyland's past. What can I say,I'm kind of nostalgic.

Quote Originally Posted by nish221 View Post
    Nice thread, Swabby!

I completely agree that Frontierland has been overlooked (although it's one of the largest
    physically).

Personally, I would really love WRE to be incorporated AROUND BTMRR (like it was originally
    supposed to be in WDW MK; I understand that it's pretty hard in the way that DL's BTMRR
    is set up) That can easily incorporate Pecos Bill IMHO.
    Agreed. I don't know why I'm so fixated on Pecos Bill being an integral element of the Frontierland I'd love to see--it wasn't that popular a character, or cartoon (the Tall Tales)...

• been away for a while

Carson City Nevada , no it's not near Vegas

all i ever remember my dad talking about was when he was a young boy in Disneyland they had PACK MULES Disney should bring those back , maybe some sort of panning for gold type of area , unless this already exists and i just don't remember other than that , i think that besides NewOrleansSquare , i think Frontierland is one of the best themed areas in the park

My Maleficent tattoo

Quote Originally Posted by GrimmGreen View Post
    all i ever remember my dad talking about was when he was a young boy in Disneyland they had PACK MULES Disney should bring those back , maybe some sort of panning for gold type of area , unless this already exists and i just don't remember other than that , i think that besides NewOrleansSquare , i think Frontierland is one of the best themed areas in the park
    Do they still have those at Knott's (meaning Gold Panning and Mules, that is)? I haven't been in years. But Grimmy brings up a great theme: Gold Rush Boomtowns. Good thinkin', Pard!

• Dont make me unfriend you

The idea of an indian village sounds fun, however, I'm afriad in the PC world we live in, it won't ever come back again. I'm sure you can all remember the flap from last year when college sports teams were getting in trouble for "making fun" of Native Americans with their mascots and team names. Idon't think there is anything wrong with having a team alled the "Utes". But it was a big deal and fines were threatened, ect ect,. bah bah..

As much as I hate it and wish it wasn't so, the PC crowd would flip over an American Indian village. With so many different tribes in the US, it would be hard to get them all to buy off it and give it their blessings.

Some of the Indian "mythology and folklore" are still held sacred by the Native Americans. I can see some of them getting up set about a dark ride about their beliefs. (I never want to see a 'Jesus Ride' at DL either).

I do like the Zerro ideas. More should be done with the Big ThunderRanch area. I say put a resturant back in.

At one time, I remeber that big store in Fronteerland (to the left as you walk through the fort's gate) was re-named to something about Pocahontas for a time.

• Banned User

Once upon a time, Critter Country/Bear Country was a part of Frontierland. But now we have Poo, er...Pooh, living in the area. When the Bears moved in and later when Splash Mountain showed up, there was no reason to rename the area...but they did. As far as I'm concerned, the area is still part of Frontierland, I just don't get what the hell Pooh is doing in there....

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast