Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• decorating

Re: Is Utilization of the Disneyland Railroad Being Underestimated?

last time we went to Disneyland, took my dad and mom (dad has multiple sclerosis, and tires real easy)
    My hubby ended up rising with him in it more than I. We used it as a mode of transportation... the boys ended up going on it about 2 1/2 times around the park, either almost completely around or a piece at a time. Eric seriously saw the dinos more than 2x in one day.

Learning the different ways people experience the railroad is interesting. Some of the responses convince me all the more that the D.R.R. needs to improve the scenery along the right-of-way. The justification for Disney to make such capital improvements is there, so I hope someone in the company sees the logic in doing so.

In the past, I've usually taken the Disneyland Railroad between 1/4 and 1 3/4 of the route. I definitely prefer experiencing the Grand Circle Tour by boarding at Main Street Station.

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post
    Learning the different ways people experience the railroad is interesting. Some of the responses convince me all the more that the D.R.R. needs to improve the scenery along the right-of-way. The justification for Disney to make such capital improvements is there, so I hope someone in the company sees the logic in doing so.

In the past, I've usually taken the Disneyland Railroad between 1/4 and 1 3/4 of the route. I definitely prefer experiencing the Grand Circle Tour by boarding at Main Street Station.
    I think Disney needs to improve the scenery no matter how the ride is used. Bring back the panther!

I take the round trip at least once per trip, but have stayed on for 3 or 4 round trips when the crowds were nuts more than once.

i honestly couldn't tell you how many times i go around on it because im always asleep lol. DLRR is so hypnotic after a couple hours of waiting in long line.....i especially love it at night.
    pshhh i guess

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by AbominableSnowman1 View Post
    I think the reason they dont kick people is off is maybe because they just got on at the stop before. Maybe they got on a Tomorrowland and they want to go to Toontown. If they booted everybody off at Main St., they would have to get back in line again.

I have gone on numerous trips around the park. I think it would be dumb for them to kick you off at a certain stop
    Its also a good place to take a nap.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by barfownz View Post
    Its also a good place to take a nap.
    It might be my location induced deprivation, but I cannot fathom sleeping inside Disneyland or any of Disney's other parks.

• Choosy Moms Choose Jeff

I've taken the grand tour several times. I agree with those that say the best place to do this is from the main street station.

I've had the opportunity to visit Disneyland Paris on several occasions and they also take the complete round trip tour. It almost seems that they don't get that they can get off at any of the stopping points. It's almost impossible to get on at any other station other than Main Street in DLP...I've waited 30 minutes to get on a train at DLP. Just thought you might find that interesting.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Cool Re: Is Utilization of the Disneyland Railroad Being Underestimated?

[QUOTE=lazyboy97O;1419197]While I don't think I could imagine myself going any of the Magic Kingdoms without taking the Grand Circle Tour, I do question the popularity of that aspect of the attraction. [QUOTE]

I bet you wouldn't go all around the park if you visited Tokyo Disneyland!

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    I bet you wouldn't go all around the park if you visited Tokyo Disneyland!
    It's just a Grand Circle Tour of portions of Adventureland, Westernland (I almost called it Frontierland), and Critter Country instead of the Kingdom of Dreams and Magic.

• Animatronic

I like to get on the train at Main Street and get off at New Orleans Square. I also like to see the Dinosaurs, so this means 1 1/4 trips for me!

Does this mean my one entry click should count for more? Probably not.

I do this a lot during the summer ...

Last time two chicks in front of us did the same thing ... therefore, my bf and I didn't feel like crazy people "wasting time" on the railroad ... they were there before us and after us ... we did 2 1/2 loops that time ... my bf and I just sat their listening to them talk about how much their work sucked ... after all that time we still could figure out where they worked lol

• Banned User

I love riding the train. I like the seats that face outward and we just sit there, put up our feet, and use it as a moving bench. We love riding around the park on the train!

• Disabled Guest Pro

I know have been on the monorail several times (pre nemo construction) and have not been asked exit at the location I boarded. I know it is know only a one way trip due to the construction, but once its complete won't it return to operating this way?

I like taking a break and doing a couple trips around the park, IMO it should not be changed. Plus the logistics could be a problem as well. What would they do give you a ticket with where you boarded and then have to go by and check every guests tickets and deal with those who claim they lost theirs? They would not be able to keep running the trains 5 mins apart.

• Closed Account

Is the "utilization of the railroad being underestimated?"

The DRR has been operating for 52 years now. I would think they have the numbers down pretty well. There are always lines at all the stations to board the train. What would adding another train do? Maybe it would backfire, as the lines would be less, and managment would then say, "Hmmm...that ride must not be very popular."

People use the train for a variety of reasons; it may be the most democratic attraction in the park! People can use it to ride "The Grand Circle Tour!" They can use it as transportation between points north and south, east and west. They can nap on it. Personally, I could ride for hours in the front car, just staring rapt into the cab, watching the crew go about its paces.

The railroad can be thought of as the simplest attraction at the park, or one of the most complex; the safest, and potentialy the most dangerous.

It's this diversity that makes the railroad what it is. Is it "underutilized?" I'm not even sure I know how to define that in terms of the Disneyland Railroad. It's always crowded; that's all I know. Someone seems to be utilizing it to its limit.

• It's all nonsense

When I hear the term underutilized I think of the DLRR being used to do something more than it's already doing. I don't know why but I imagine it pulling another car with nothing but churros in it to distribute them throughout the park.
    Other than maybe Tomorrowland, the stations always seem to stay busy. And you can't really compare the DLRR to other attractions as far as throughput because it has 4 loading/unloading areas and you technically can ride it all day without getting off.
    I personally love the DLRR. It's calm and relaxing...not rush on and rush off like other attractions.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast