Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

We may be frustrating ourselves in the hunt for a "list of countries represented" since, from what I've been able to find, there may not be a list. IASW is more divided into global areas than specific countries: Scandinavia, Africa, South Pacific, etc. While certain countries such as Mexico, Germany, France, etc. may be recognizable, others such as Liechtenstein, Burkina Faso, Slovenia, etc. are probably just lumped in to their respective areas. Interestingly, there is actually a question as to just exactly how many countries there are in the world! The UN recognizes 191. Vatican City and Taiwan not included in their count. Add these and you get 193. My guess is: In an effort to make IASW the most inclusive, the imagineers didn't ask each other, "How's that Kyrgyzstan doll coming along?" but instead, identified certain areas (as mentioned above) to be representative of the various individual countries and fashioned dolls that seemed indigenous and representative of those areas.
    Last edited by Tom Chaney; 06-02-2005 at 03:51 PM.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Videographer

You are probably very correct in your answer. IaSW I am sure was built based on geographical areas not countries per se.

However, we are obsessive fans, we have to detail it.

RU

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by RU42
    You are probably very correct in your answer. IaSW I am sure was built based on geographical areas not countries per se.

RU
    Then here's your assignment: You must ride IASW enough times to comprehensively count and catalog each and every doll. When you are finished, a registered nurse trauma counselor will be provided. Godspeed.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Chaney
    Then here's your assignment: You must ride IASW enough times to comprehensively count and catalog each and every doll. When you are finished, a registered nurse trauma counselor will be provided. Godspeed.
    Don't give BPF any ideas though I have no doubt she'll have the WDW version documented fully once she works there in the fall.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• Me and Tommy Kirk

I can't name all the countries, but I do know where to find the Mary Blair doll. (She was intstrumental in the design and concept) Does anyone else know that one??

Yes, I am a geek

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

Quote Originally Posted by Neverlandtink
    I can't name all the countries, but I do know where to find the Mary Blair doll. (She was intstrumental in the design and concept) Does anyone else know that one??

Yes, I am a geek
    I do know this one, though only because I was requested to take a pic of it on Sunday. It's in the France section...

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• My Own Oasis

Yes, I'd have to agree with Tom Chaney now that I come to think of it. It's more probable that the dolls represent regions as opposed to specific countries. Others are more obvious though based on costume and what they are doing. I have also discovered that all are not countries and could be states. So far this is what I can get as far as getting some kind of list going:

Alaska (eskimo fishing), France (eiffel tower, can-can dancing), England (palace guards), Holland (wooden shoes), Switzerland (residing in mountains, yodeling), Canada (Mountie), Spain (Castanuelas/ Flamenco Dancing), Ireland/Scotland (Bagpipe), Italy (Gondolas/Leaning Tower), India (Taj Mahal/ Snake Charmers), Thailand (Thai Dance/ Costumes), China (acrobats), Japan (pagoda/kimonos), Egypt (spinx/cleopatra), Peru (tall Andes Mountains), Mexico (sombrero hat dance), Philippines (traditional style of dress/ fan), Tahiti/Somoa/Fiji/Hawaii (Grass Skirts/ Leis/ the ocean setting), USA (American Cowboy twirling rope)

Ok now heres the kicker, by my count thats exactly 19 bolds that I can identify, there are some others though that I know I missed and is difficult to figure out if possible because of lack of language, scenery or identifiable costume. If any body else can add anything they know, which I missed feel free. Maybe we can compose an Unofficial MiceChat list. Also in case you were wondering, yes, I do have a lot of free time on my hands... haha

• Me and Tommy Kirk

Quote Originally Posted by AndersDMB
    I do know this one, though only because I was requested to take a pic of it on Sunday. It's in the France section...
    You're right! She stands at the base of the Eiffel tower and she's holding a balloon. She's not an audio-animatronic doll though. She's the glittery kind!

Quote Originally Posted by adoborocks
    Yes, I'd have to agree with Tom Chaney now that I come to think of it. It's more probable that the dolls represent regions as opposed to specific countries. Others are more obvious though based on costume and what they are doing. I have also discovered that all are not countries and could be states. So far this is what I can get as far as getting some kind of list going:

Alaska (eskimo fishing), France (eiffel tower, can-can dancing), England (palace guards), Holland (wooden shoes), Switzerland (residing in mountains, yodeling), Canada (Mountie), Spain (Castanuelas/ Flamenco Dancing), Ireland/Scotland (Bagpipe), Italy (Gondolas/Leaning Tower), India (Taj Mahal/ Snake Charmers), Thailand (Thai Dance/ Costumes), China (acrobats), Japan (pagoda/kimonos), Egypt (spinx/cleopatra), Peru (tall Andes Mountains), Mexico (sombrero hat dance), Philippines (traditional style of dress/ fan), Tahiti/Somoa/Fiji/Hawaii (Grass Skirts/ Leis/ the ocean setting), USA (American Cowboy twirling rope)

Ok now heres the kicker, by my count thats exactly 19 bolds that I can identify, there are some others though that I know I missed and is difficult to figure out if possible because of lack of language, scenery or identifiable costume. If any body else can add anything they know, which I missed feel free. Maybe we can compose an Unofficial MiceChat list. Also in case you were wondering, yes, I do have a lot of free time on my hands... haha

Don't forget all of Africa!!!
    A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes....

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Isn't there even an Antartica with penquins?

• CM for 4 years!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Chaney
    "How's that Kyrgyzstan doll coming along?"
    Kyrgyzstan didn't exist in the 1960's!!
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• Miranda Lambert and Me!

Hey RU42! I didn't know you were on MiceChat!

Here i a link to all kinds of info on the WDW one. I can't help you out on Dl' though.

http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/tri...smallworld.php
    Listen to me on the radio!

us101country.com Fridays- 9p-12m ET and Saturdays- 7p-10p ET

981thelegend.com Monday-Friday - 12m-6a ET

rock105.net Sundays - 10p-12m ET

You can also visit my DJ blog HERE!
    Also, I have a Myspace- CLICK HERE

• Videographer

Hey BDK - I'm everywhere!

RU

• Miranda Lambert and Me!

You must be. Join us in the lounge sometime too! Thats prob why I have missed ya!
    Listen to me on the radio!

us101country.com Fridays- 9p-12m ET and Saturdays- 7p-10p ET

981thelegend.com Monday-Friday - 12m-6a ET

rock105.net Sundays - 10p-12m ET

You can also visit my DJ blog HERE!
    Also, I have a Myspace- CLICK HERE

• NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RU42

RU
    ...or a representation of different cultures.

But I dont see mine! Where is the Drunk Irish Guy passed out with a black eye next to a sheep?
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast