Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• My Own Oasis

Small World Questions for all you trivia buffs!

Hey I started thinking about these questions as I was listening to the ride audio from "1313 South Harbor" I know there has to be someone out there on these boards that knows the answers to these questions, and to you ....

1) Exactly how many countries of the world are represented in Its A Small World?

2) What are those exact list of countries represented?

3) Has this always been the same in terms of what countries have been represented since the 1964 World's Fair or has it changed over the years? How and when?

• I was deleted.

oh wow. And I bet you expect me to answer. I am only a young minion. Maybe one of my books will tell me. Or BigDaddyKyle?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan
    oh wow. And I bet you expect me to answer. I am only a young minion. Maybe one of my books will tell me. Or BigDaddyKyle?
    if anyone knows the answers it should be you

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by AndersDMB
    if anyone knows the answers it should be you
    Well, more like I can FIND the answers. :o

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

The following information pertains to IASW in WDW. Assuming the attraction is the same at DL:
    There are 25 countries represented by 289 Audio-Animatronics® Doll Figures, 147 toys and 36 animated props.
    I'm still searching for a list of the countries.

BTW: There is a clown figure in a hot air balloon in the "Finale" scene that is the only frowning figure in the entire attraction. He's holding a sign that says, HELP!
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• I was deleted.

I do know that the only dolls that represent America in IASW are the last room, the white room. They are the cowboy and the Indian that can be seen on the right side of the boat.

There is a clown figure in a hot air balloon in the "Finale" scene that is the only frowning figure in the entire attraction. He's holding a sign that says, HELP!
    Believe it or not, but that figure was swapped out in the recent rehab of IASW at WDW.

Cris

• Newbie.

He's a wide-known fact. All the lost toddlers that aren't claimed by the end of the last parade of the day are dipped in plastic and swapped out with the origiinal dolls. I think (unconfirmed) that one only original all-plastic dolls left are the cowboy and indian in the last room, the white room. Sources say executives are really pushing to have these final two replaced with more "realistic" replacements. Beware.
    As nice as the other parks are, we must always remember that it all began at Disneyland. Disneyland should be the crown jewel in the Disney crown.

• Senior Minion

Just out of curiousity, besides me, is there anyone else in this forum who saw the original at the NY World's Fair?

Or am I hopelessly old and outdated?

• Videographer

You are old and outdated.

Sorry - you left yourself open to that one.

Only 25 coutries in the WDW version. Ours has to be larger then that. I have never tried to count them before but just going from the top of my head I can easily hit 20+.

You know, it is questions like this that get me so totally side-tracked at work. Now I will have to pull up my video and start counting.

RU

• Rainicorn.

Okay, someone verify that there is a Filipino doll. I swear to God there is. There wasn't one when I was younger.

Pacific Islander, represent!
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by RU42
    Only 25 coutries in the WDW version. Ours has to be larger then that. I have never tried to count them before but just going from the top of my head I can easily hit 20+.
    RU
    This info was listed on a website I found (and now I forget which one) but it did seem to be too few. Perhaps they meant 25+ countries. I've seen other reports of "100s of countries" but have not been successful in finding a definitive answer nor a list of the countries.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Puppy Cuddles

What about the mermaids? What country do they come from? I've always wondered about that. And how would you count the jungle scenes? Do they represent specific countries or merely jungle countries of Africa? Is there actually an answer to this question? Now I'm gonna have to follow this thread because I can't find any info.
    The King is back and he's ready to kick some tail. Do not mess with a mouse in black.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Small Panda After All
    What about the mermaids? What country do they come from? I've always wondered about that.
    Um, duh? Atlantis!
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

I think I read an article (E-Ticket, maybe?) that said when the ride came from NY to DL, that the DL venue was bigger, so some new scenes needed to be added. The 'Nordic' room at the beginning is new to the DL version.

Also note that the ride was laid out a bit differently from the NY version. You can verify this yourself by looking at the old 'Vault Disney' episodes. We have the one where Walt is showing the iasw opening day ceremonies and they show you a brief ride through. It's different than the current layout.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast