Thread: Feb. 19

Feb. 16

I was supposed to go with several other people and had requested the day off from work and lo and behold, everyone cancels on me and I have Friday off. So I decide to go to the parks anyway. I've gone dozens of time alone, it would be nothing different.

I get to the Structure at 10am and the line to get in is already long. They were sending cars to both the Daisy level and the Mickey level. I saw several busses, all full of teenagers. I thought, "Oh great..." They make me park at Mickey 8J clear in the back. I saw the lines for the tram and it was just too ridiculous. I had thought about taking the Disneyland Monorail in, and I thought this is the perfect excuse. the lines for the tram were so ridiculous, they were using both of the loading areas. I walked passed the Disneyland Hotel, into Downtown Disney and into the Monorail Station where the platform was full of guests. I get into Tomorrowland I want to ride Rockin' Space Mountain, because unlike 95% of MiceChat, I actually like it. As I walked toward the Mountain, I see a huge line on top and the sign says it is a 60 minute wait. I decide to get a Fastpass to return at 2:30pm. As I was walking to the Fastpass machines, I started thinking. Al Lutz claims that Rockin' Space Mountain is a failure and that is isn't as popular as it was expected to be. As I walked away from the attraction I looked back and saw the hundreds of people ontop of the platform going back and forth. It hit me, for a concept that is a "failure" and unpopular, there were sure a lot of people waiting to ride an unpopular ride. Hmmmmm. If the Rockin' concept is so bad, according to Al Lutz and the rest of MiceChat, then why would so many people be waiting for it, especially in an over-an-hour stand-by time??? Answer me that, Mr. Lutz. Or maybe he should rephrase his claims to "Yes, Rockin' Space Mountain is a failure, but only in the eyes of MiceChat. Everyone else in the world likes it."

Anyway, I then went into Innoventions so I may play some VMK and get my credits for the day. That's all I did, as soon as I was done, I got out. I went to the VMK kiosk and played the two new quests. I had to actually ride Pirates of the Caribbean to some of the answers. I had forgotten about the Disneyland Railroad was closed, even though the sign by the Monorail Station said so. So I walked to Frontierland to see if I can catch a ride on Big Thunder Mountain, but the line for that was long. I went to Small World and rode that. It was hot, so it was cool. I don't understand why they don't put cameras into this ride. The kids that ride it do that most stupid things and no one can catch them except their oblivious parents. The boat in front of me had a little girls who just hung her arm over the boat into the water for most of ride. A couple of months ago, there were two brats in the boat in front of me and they kept "row-hopping" going from the first row to the back row. Not only that they kept grabbing onto the railing of the track to keep the boat from going forward. Our boat kept raming into theirs and the parents did nothing! Also, today, flash photogrpahy was a problem. When I was on Pirates, there were a bunch of girls in the front of the boat and they kept taking flash pictures and a Cast Member told them "No Flash Pictures!" over the PA. Thank you, whoever you are. I got to enjoy the ride with no flash pictures. It was great. Why can't they do this for Small World?

I went to the Matterhorn with so much time to kill before my ride on Rockin' Space Mountain. There were two boys that sat in front of me. They kept screamin real stupid like. We were in a race with another bobsled, and everytime they were beside us, these two teenage boys would scream at them like girls, but it sounded like girls with laryngitis. They thought they were the most funnisest things in the world. They kept laughing so much. Of course, they were the only ones laughing.

I had completed my quests for VMK and went to cash in my prizes. SInce I still had a lot of time left, I went back into Innoventions to retrieve my prizes for the game. The one thing I hate about Innoventions is they to get in. I got to the entrance just as they were letting people on the platform. But I got there a second too late and had to wait for the next one, which also meant I had to listen to the Cast Member makes lame jokes on the microphone. I like Epcot's Innoventions, you just walk through the door and you're in.

Then I looked at my Faspass and I able to get another one. I went to get one for Indiana Jones to come back at 6. I was 1pm, still an hour to go. I was hungry but the lines for all the eateries were long. But, for some reason, Rancho del Zacolo was a walk in. I had a salad and enjoyed it very much. One of my napkins, though, had no design on it! O..M...G! I had five napkins and one of them had no design on it!! OK, everyone freak out! Go to City Hall and make a full complaint! I went to see if I can try again for Thunder Mountain, but it was broken down. Oh well, I still had a half hour to kill, so I decided to see the 50th Anniverary film in the Opera House. With the rumor that Mr. Lincoln is finally returning (YAY!!!) I thought I might see the film, for old times sake.

Then I finally got to on Space Mountain. Reading from Sadako's thread, I tried to find the PeopleMover track. I knew where to look, but I still couldn't see it. I know where the queue is supposed to be, and I know the PeopleMover track is right above it, but I just couldn't see it. Next time, I'll try harder. The ride itself was fast for me. I liked it. People keep saying (By people, I mean MiceChat) it goes "slower" or it feels that way, but I felt like I was going pretty fast. I heard everyone screaming inside and on our rocket, expecially when we went on the little dip, everyone let out a "Whoa!"

I had some time to kill before Indiana Jones. I decided to get a Fastpass for Autopia to come back in an hour. I hadn't been on Haunted Mansion since the Holidays, so I took a ride on that. Of course, everyone just had to narrate the Stretching Chamber sequence. Everyone had to scream. Same ol', same old. I went to Autopia and got some glimpses of the Submarine Voyage. God, I can't wait for it to open!

It was getting dark, so I went back to Small World, because it was the only ride that didn't have a long line. And as I got out of the boat, I threw out my back. It was such a wincing pain, I couldn't stand straight. I had to cut my trip short and painfully walk to the trams. I actually saw Sadako get into the tram, or at least someone that looked a lot like her. So, now I'm home with terrible pain. I don't know what caused it, but at least I got to go to Disneyland.
    Last edited by InnerSpace; 02-17-2007 at 08:28 AM.

• Still lost in Neverland

Re: Feb. 19

Since it is the start of the three day weekend for a lot of people, I would assume that the Park is going to be crowded for the next three days and today was only the preview. I would also assume that all those people in line to see Rocking Space Mountain bought into the cheap ads and didn't know any better, or they are youngsters who like this sort of C*** and just don't care. Myself, I won't go on it again until it returns to the darkness of Space, like the name implies.

Sorry to hear about your back though. I have a bad back and have to be very careful getting in and out of those low rides. Take some Bayers' Back and Body Pain pills, they really do help. Put a hot compress or water bottle under you back and just rest. You should have it looked at by a doctor though as soon as you can. Back pain is nothing to skip over as a little problem. It can get worse over time and should be looked at. Take it from someone who knows.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Still wants to be a cat!

So I am to presume.....you can travel through time! It's only the 16th today.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Very funny report. Loved the City Hall complaint reference.

• Banned User

Was it busy on the 19th because I'm planning to go on Monday and I'm wondering if President's Day, a holiday where millions of people get the day off, will be busy. Thank you Marty McFly.

• A Beautiful Tomorrow!

Great trip report! Im glad theres someone eles out there that likes Rockin' I love it!

So I dont really follow VMK that much but my brother does what are the new quests? last time I was there it was Fantasyland and Frontierland so is there a new one?
    "We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." Walt Disney

Re: Feb. 16!

Oh, yeah sorry, I don't know why I put the 19th.

Since you obviously don't like standing in lines, I wonder why you go to Disneyland at all...

No lines at Zocalo should be obvious as well.
    "They's two B's in basketball!"