• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.

Toy Story Funhouse?

I heard that Disneyland had something in TOMORROWLAND called the Toy Story Funhouse in 1996?

Okay...what does it have to do with Tomorrow? I don't remember this attraction. Can someone tell me more?

• Just this guy......

The Toy Story Funhouse was a transplant of the TSF from the El Capitan Theater in Hollywood.

After you got out of the movie you went next door and there was three stories of fun interactive activities and a small stage show. This proved so popular that Disney moved may of the items to the Tomorrowland area (Because they had the space there).

For more information you can check out this page:

http://www.yesterland.com/toyfunhouse.html

• Banned User

Also on the Yesterland website, it showed a Woody figure sitting on the Peoplemover tracks. I didn't know that ride was closed in early 1996. Would it take THAT LONG to build Rocket Rods? (from 96 - 98?)

• Sock Puppet

I remember it, it was where Red Rocket is now and no, didn't have too much to do with Tomorrow. Well, actually it did feature the Toy Story video and alot of interactive stuff. The best part was the Army men obstacle course, where the actually bound your legs to a little green platform and had you run around with it in a "little" recreation area. Wasn't bad, wasn't great either.

• Banned User

I guess Peoplemover was closed by early 1996, since Woody was on the PM Track and if the ride was running he'd get hit...

• Roar!

Woody, Buzz, Slinky, Rex, and Potatoe Head were all on the track. Peoplemover closed in 1995. Construction for Rocket Rods hadn't started when the Toy Story Funhouse was around(atleast any visible construction). It was pretty much a place to play different levels of the Toy Story video game. It was actually kind of boring except for one game had a giant sega controller that you needed two people in order to actually play it. The Green Army Men Obstacle Course was upstairs by the ramp in a little white tent and nothing else. Like THE BOB said the tied a platform to your feet and you had to jump and swing over stuff. The also had a big Scud (Sid's dog) behind a box trying to get in. The had a meet-and-greet with Buzz and Woody (where space mountain's fastpass is now) that looked like Andy's bed. Outside they had Hamm's All Doll Revue in front of where the entrance to Pizza Port is now. It was an ok show. In all, it was fun for what it was. A temporary venue that advertised the movie and the video game. hope that answers your question MotorBoatCruise2005.

• Rainicorn.

Man, I loved the Toy Story Funhouse (I was nine years old, give me a break!). That Army Man obstacle course was such a pain, though. You were just hopping and you got all winded... Okay.. I wasn't an athletic child.
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• Lurker Extraordinaire!

hahah oh man i went to the TLF at the el capitan after i watched the movie when i was little, it was so cool. i loved the green army men boot camp where you got to strap your feet into those army man fett thingies an go through an obstacle course

I remember trying to walk or jump around in the toy soldier feet things. I almost had a heart attack!

it sounds like it was a precurser to disneyquest in WDW?
    wdw-87 fort wilderness with fam.
    00 off property with future wife
    00 carribean beach with fam. for x-mas
    01 all star ask her to marry me also x-mas
    02 off property with inlaws
    03 polynesian with wife and fam. 3 days from wed.
    06 port orleans french quarters with wife for one day

• Just this guy......

Quote Originally Posted by disney24/7
    it sounds like it was a precurser to disneyquest in WDW?
    I wouldn't say that. It was very, very low tech!