Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Not like Crocodile Dundee

Adelaide, South Australia (8199 miles from DL)
    Blog Entries

Wink Re: Where and how Big is the Rumored Spot of the new park??

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    I think they'll surprise us with something unexpected.
    The Spanish Inquisition?
    Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

• A Pirate's Life For Me

Re: Where and how Big is the Rumored Spot of the new park??

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    Don't forget there is also a really high caliber water park less than 15 miles away from Disneyland which already dominates over every other water park, is literally millions of times bigger than any water park in existence, and is absolutely 100 percent free. It's called the Pacific Ocean.
    Is it heated?

• It's all nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by monotonehell View Post
    The Spanish Inquisition?
    No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by HydroGuy View Post
    Is it heated?
    LOL Only by the sun! (Or whatever else influences ocean temps -- I have no idea). This time of year a wetsuit is definitely required. Summertime ocean temps are still cold but tolerable. A lot of people I take to the beach who are from out of state are surprised how cold the ocean off of Southern California is. But this is very refreshing on a hot summer day.

• Iron-Clad Allie

I am becoming highly impressed with Ed Grier. He's not going to be the do nothing Disney rubber stamp some have written him off to be. As a part of the masterplanning team for the Tokyo Disneyland Resort, he actually palayed an important role in the development of Tokyoi DisneySea.

This is a telling sign to me that the new Disneyland president may have a personal bias toward bringing a DisneySea to the West Coast...or else include the best attractions and elements of TDS. During the Pressler/Harris regime, the third DLR gate was perported to be a "Best Of Park". Personally, I'm hoping for a highly themed gate that will include the very best of EPCOT and DisneySea...and a waterpark as well.

Who knows, part of the third park might be placed on the property that the rediculous housing development was to be located. There's seems to be no end to the greedy scams that some housing developers will try to pull off. Kudos to Grier for helping to protect the integrity of our resort by taking a stand aginst the wolves.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• A Pirate's Life For Me

LOL Only by the sun! (Or whatever else influences ocean temps -- I have no idea). This time of year a wetsuit is definitely required. Summertime ocean temps are still cold but tolerable. A lot of people I take to the beach who are from out of state are surprised how cold the ocean off of Southern California is. But this is very refreshing on a hot summer day.
    Thanks for the info, but in my case it was not necessary. I lived in SoCal for 28 years, and went to a great beach school at UCSB.

• Beach Expert

Thanks for the info, but in my case it was not necessary. I lived in SoCal for 28 years, and went to a great beach school at UCSB.
    Oh, ok. Well, if anyone who is reading this is not from So Cal, then some interesting info for them! LOL

• Banned User

I really doubt that it would be a water park. It gets so cold at night in the winter and even still is cold in the night in the summer. If I were Disney I would want a park that could be open as many hours as possible. I hope that it is something like DisneySeas, that park looks so cool, and it has been so successful. Thier design was so tight that it had to be a success.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    This is a telling sign to me that the new Disneyland president may have a personal bias toward bringing a DisneySea to the West Coast...or else include the best attractions and elements of TDS. During the Pressler/Harris regime, the third DLR gate was perported to be a "Best Of Park". Personally, I'm hoping for a highly themed gate that will include the very best of EPCOT and DisneySea...and a waterpark as well.
    If you ask me, DCA is the "Best of" park. You add the Carland attraction, a Rock 'n Rollercoaster and you have the the big attractions of Epcot and Studios in WDW.

I'm sure a third park will be unlike any of the other Disney parks out there.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• A Pirate's Life For Me

Oh, ok. Well, if anyone who is reading this is not from So Cal, then some interesting info for them! LOL
    Your original point though is well taken. Many easterners do not know that the SoCal beach water is so cold. In mid-summer they expect Florida-like water temperatures, and think they can swim in the Pacific Ocean in April in their swimsuit. Not in SoCal.

Back to the thread, it seems a water park at DLR should be a low priority. A water park is too seasonal in SoCal to be able to work for Disney IMO.

• Beach Expert

Your original point though is well taken. Many easterners do not know that the SoCal beach water is so cold. In mid-summer they expect Florida-like water temperatures, and think they can swim in the Pacific Ocean in April in their swimsuit. Not in SoCal.

Back to the thread, it seems a water park at DLR should be a low priority. A water park is too seasonal in SoCal to be able to work for Disney IMO.
    Agreed!

And back on the thread, I remember someone posting several months ago that a water park in CA would be open year round, but all the water parks in So Cal are seasonal as well, usually open from May-ish to Sept or early Oct.

• Infinitized!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer View Post
    It is known as the "Strawberry Field".
    Maybe they could do up the third gate in a Beatles theme and call it "Strawberry Fields Forever" and they could have Cirque De Soleil performing their Vegas show "Love"!

I just really don't see this happening any time soon. DCA needs to see the benefits of Toy Story Mania, Carland and their new night time show. I don't really see why Disney would build another stateside park within the next ten years. I don't see the theme park environment changing in California or Florida any time soon.
    Co-Host of the WDW Fan Boys Podcast

• ...TWO BITS!

Nothing wrong with planning for the future.

PS, I'm not a big water park fan. Last time I've been to a water park in a long time was on July 17, 2005 at Knott's Soak City. My sister suggested to go there...

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

Wasn't there some talk about the third park being indoors? An indoor water park (like say the Pirates of the Caribbean water park) wouldn't be limited to seasonal operation. I don't know if that POTC concept was intended as an indoor park, though I think it might work better if it were (as it would be more similar to the ride).

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast