Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

An updated Fantasmic?

Alright, this will get alot of people disagreeing with me, but Fantasmic is over ten years old now. Alright, it's not long in the tooth yet and still a breath taking show. But would anyone here ever consider wanting to see an updated FANTASMIC show? I'm not talking about changing the ENTIRE thing, just adding adding a few more scenes with the newer family of Disney Classic movies. And maybe cutting out the stuff that will be dated in a few years (can't really think of anything that really needs to be cut as of yet, most of the stuff is pretty much undateable, but still.)

All and all, the show is pretty packed with excitement, but I can think of a few other things I'd like to see in the show. And plus with the 50th wouldn't it be cool if after summer hiatus Fantasmic came back with a few surprises like new scenes and some new music?

Oh and bring back big inflatable Ursula!
    Last edited by THE BOB; 06-02-2005 at 11:36 AM. Reason: needed to add question mark to title

• Videographer

LOL - DUCK!!!!

Just kidding. I hear what you are saying. I think a few changes might be nice. Leave the opening, monkeys, Pan, Princess, chernoborg, the final battle, and Steamboat the same. But some of the other stuff I wouldn't mind seeing changes (Pinocchio, huffalumps, etc) to give the show some new life.

What I would really like to see is 'Fantasmic' style program over at the DCA lagoon.

RU

Quote Originally Posted by THE BOB
    Alright, this will get alot of people disagreeing with me, but Fantasmic is over ten years old now. Alright, it's not long in the tooth yet and still a breath taking show. But would anyone here ever consider wanting to see an updated FANTASMIC show? I'm not talking about changing the ENTIRE thing, just adding adding a few more scenes with the newer family of Disney Classic movies. And maybe cutting out the stuff that will be dated in a few years (can't really think of anything that really needs to be cut as of yet, most of the stuff is pretty much undateable, but still.)

All and all, the show is pretty packed with excitement, but I can think of a few other things I'd like to see in the show. And plus with the 50th wouldn't it be cool if after summer hiatus Fantasmic came back with a few surprises like new scenes and some new music?

Oh and bring back big inflatable Ursula!
    I'm not usually change resistent, but in this case I say "don't fix what's not broke," except for the broken parts of the show, of course. Those they can fix.

Quote Originally Posted by RU42
    LOL - DUCK!!!!

What I would really like to see is 'Fantasmic' style program over at the DCA lagoon.

RU
    Now you're talkin'. Might be just the thing that will solve part of the attendance problems in DCA.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Call it Pixtastic
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• e komo mai

They could take out the flowers section and put something else in there. I was thinking the Pinocchio section could be changed, but it's such a good lead in to the Peter Pan section... I think even the pink elephants section could go. They could put something else there, too...

• Sock Puppet

Yeah, I love the pink elephants and the rock-esque music that comes with it myself, but I don't really think that or the flowers add anything to the show. I would only slightly cut the pinnochio stuff, keep Monstro but leave out "No Strings on me" section.
    Personally, I think Nightmare deserves a slot on Fantasmic, it would be really cool to have a Halloween Town scene. And also I'd add a new villain to the mix as well, I'm thinking Scar, Jafar or even Gaston would be good choices here.

They tried changing/updating it when it moved to WDW and they failed. Still an enjoyable show, but lacks the heart of the DL original. They tried cramming more in and some parts just got boring. Just my .02 ; )
    "I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing...that it was all started by a mouse" o
    - Uncle Walt

• Sock Puppet

Well, alot of the problem with the WDW version it it's location, it's inside and has seats and stuff and the surrounding seems kind of crammed. You could be right but I don't see any cons in tweaking it every decade or so.

Well, alot of the problem with the WDW version it it's location, it's inside and has seats and stuff and the surrounding seems kind of crammed. You could be right but I don't see any cons in tweaking it every decade or so.
    The WDW version isn't inside, it's an outdoor amphitheatre. It does have bench seating, but accomodates a very large crowd. My problems aren't with the theatre...just the show itself was tweak and not in a good way.
    "I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing...that it was all started by a mouse" o
    - Uncle Walt

• e komo mai

The WDW version is okay, but the Pocahontas section is booooring! That and the rickety steamboat at the end looks like its going to fall apart at any second.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Cricket
    The WDW version is okay, but the Pocahontas section is booooring! That and the rickety steamboat at the end looks like its going to fall apart at any second.
    totally agree. its not the same without the mark twain. and that forcing all the disney characters in the bubbles on the water screen is just way too long.
    - Uncle Walt

• Sock Puppet

If I am correct in WDW version, no "Pan" but instead they have the Pochantas scene instead right? That's probably the problem there, the pirate ship is one of the best parts of the show, can't imagine a Fantasmic showing without it.

• Minion

Like most people have already said, the show is great so why fix it. I have seen the version in WDW and as much as the venue is a problem I also think their version is NOT GOOD. The Pocahontas portion at first was great...the canoes and stuff but then I forgot I was watching Fantasmic!...you know kinda like the feeling you get when you go to the movies and with all those previews you forgot what you are supposed to see. Oops, getting back to the subject...also the steamboat looked like the little boat that could and is still trying. A Disney ending is grand and spectacular but when that boat came out, I thought..."so did Disney run out of money?".

But for the sake of your question...I think that the show even though more than 10 years old is still great and can pack them in. But if one thing could be changed I think they should make the dragon like the one in the commercials! However, given the space, I dont' think that can be done.

• e komo mai

If I am correct in WDW version, no "Pan" but instead they have the Pochantas scene instead right? That's probably the problem there, the pirate ship is one of the best parts of the show, can't imagine a Fantasmic showing without it.
    You are correct. And, I think the pirate ship is one of the best parts, too.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast