View Poll Results: Fastpass: What to do

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep the Fastpass system the way it is.

71 71.72%
  • Remove Fastpass from both parks.

18 18.18%
  • Reduce the amount of attractions that offer Fastpass.

10 10.10%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question Fastpass: Yay or Nay

There have been rumors that Fastpass could be removed from Disneyland / DCA. Right now, it's just a rumor and certainly not something that's final. I decided to run a poll to see what others thought about the current Fastpass system. Some people hate Fastpass, as it can create longer lines for stand-by. What's your opinion on Fastpass? Should it stay or go?
    "I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I've ever known."
    -Walt Disney

• Not like Crocodile Dundee

Adelaide, South Australia (8199 miles from DL)
    Blog Entries

Re: Fastpass: Yay or Nay

There's a HUUUUUGE discussion about FP stuck at the top of the forum. Its been discussed a lot already. Don't know if people want to dig up these old bones again....
    Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

• Premium Youngling and

I dont want it to go away but I wouldn't be too upset if it did. It is nice to have during crowded days

Quote Originally Posted by monotonehell View Post
    There's a HUUUUUGE discussion about FP stuck at the top of the forum. Its been discussed a lot already. Don't know if people want to dig up these old bones again....
    This is a poll. Curious to see the ratios.
    "I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I've ever known."
    -Walt Disney

• n/a

I like FP, it's like having reservations for dinner. Yes, it causes long lines for stand by, but those people can also make the reservations.
    “Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.” ~ Mel Brooks

• Minion

Poll: Fast Pass Polls, Yea or Nay

Well since there is no real proof aside from speculation that is causes longer stand by waits, I say they keep it.

Although I'm not so sure if Big Thunder Mountain really needs it anymore as it waits hardly ever exceeds 45 minutes.

• idk my BFF Minnie

I remember when fastpass was new and some people in the normal line boo-ed at the fastpass people :<

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Many people come to visit Disneyland for just one day. Without Fastpass, it's rather difficult to get everything one would want in that time frame, which is frusterating and upsetting to customers. It was easier when there were more attractions and more things to take up capacity, but a lot of it has been cut... I don't think any more rides should get FP, but the amount is good where it is, IMO.

• Banned User

Keep it or we will have way more stand by lines and the park's visitors will go down yearly.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

It needs to go bye, bye.

It's a shell game that rewards those who wish to play at the expense of those who do not.

It's not just the standby line of the FP attractions that increase.....next time you are in line for Peter Pan, The Matterhorn, or some other popular non-FP attraction, ask yourself how many people in front of you are also in line somewhere else.
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Sorry I hate it and it doesn't help on busy day

Walt's love of Trains!

I think it should stay, but I also think return times should be more strictly enforced. With the one hour window that's given, there's really no excuse for being late. Such enforcement would have a favorable impact on Stand By times and would allow the Stand By to FastPass ratio to be always equal to or higher than the expected ratio. In other words, for a given hour, the number of FastPass Guests you have will be equal to or lower than the number of FastPasses issued, and the number of Stand By Guests allowed through will be equal to or higher than the expected number for that hour.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa3467 View Post
    I also think return times should be more strictly enforced. With the one hour window that's given, there's really no excuse for being late. Such enforcement would have a favorable impact on Stand By times and would allow the Stand By to FastPass ratio to be always equal to or higher than the expected ratio.
    That would help. It would also reduce the advantage those who know you don't have to return on time have over those who are fooled into thinking what is printed on the pass is actually true.

The biggest problem with enforcing this though is where would the line really be drawn? If someone shows up 10 minutes late and says it isn't their fault because they were in another line/shop/rest. that had some sort of slowup that caused them to be late...is the cast member going to still enforce it? What if someone is just 3 minutes late? A half hour late.

And if there is an official policy of letting people who are x minutes late into the fp queue what about those who are only x + 2 minutes late?

Less stressful to the CMs to just not enforce it at all.

Or better yet.............get rid of the entire unfair system
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Sometimes rules have to be strictly enforced, even with Disney. It doesn't take an hour to get from one point to another, unless something extreme happens, like having both parks crowded, being at the Orange Stinger, having to get to Splash Mountain, and having to wade through the crowds watching/waiting for the Electrical Parade, Fantasmic!, and the fireworks on top of the line to get into Disneyland Park. And even then, you have all day to figure out how you're going to be at a given point within a given one hour window.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast