Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Re: Improving the FastPass System

What about when demand forces FastPass return times to enter into the hours. Virtual queues don't solve the crowding problem.

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post
    In my first postings, I described how these attractions would work without "stand-by" queues.

Instead of waits of several hours, guests would only be waiting ten, twenty or thirty minutes most of the time. These people would stay in the area and: use the restroom; browse a nearby shop; enjoy a refreshment or a meal; or, visit a smaller attraction. FastPass has the potential to make for a very leisurely experience.

The problem comes when people get FastPass tickets and have to wait a couple of hours for their respective turns.
    That would make for one VERY crowded walkway . Imagine Adventureland during peak season w/ the entire Indiana Jones / Jungle queue added to it.....in fact, I don't even want to imagine that .
    "I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I've ever known."
    -Walt Disney

• Disney Night Owl

I have a love/hate type relationship with the whole Fastpass system. I love it for when I can get on a little quicker, but I hate it because stand-by lines are the worst! It really stinks when you go into the park around noon and see all the fastpasses are gone for the entire day. The lines just go turbo slow like over at Soarin', the line feels like forever, especially when huge fastpass groups get let on through so the stand-by line goes mega slow. I would much rather see fastpasses be done away with because when everyone has to wait the same amount of time, the lines go by much much faster overall. Either that or be a little more fair to stand-by line waiters and have a few fastpass people go at a time, then stand-by people...just alternating in a more fair and decent way. Most rides, I don't really mind the wait. I think the absolute worst would be Soarin' and Roger Rabbit's Cartoon spin. I feel like I literally wait days for those rides.

• just the beernecessities

FastPass works fine the way it is. If people are not standing in a line then they are spending, buying food or shopping WHILE they are waiting for an attraction or attractions, the reason they came up with FastPass is because people were turned off by DL because all you did was stand in line all day....who needs that??

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by HeyBaloo View Post
    ... If people are not standing in a line then they are spending, buying food or shopping ....
    or just standing outside the attractions queue crowding the walkway.

or just standing in a non-fp line making it even longer.

or collecting more fast passes
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Liz View Post
    Either that or be a little more fair to stand-by line waiters and have a few fastpass people go at a time, then stand-by people...just alternating in a more fair and decent way.
    That's the way it's supposed to go, but some Guests complain because they think FastPass = no wait.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910