Which week should I make my first visit to Disneyland on?

Hey guys, I'm planning our first vacation to Disneyland and now I've narrowed everything down to 2 possible weeks that we can go on. Either:

June 10 - 17

or

June 17 - 24

I am a WDW veteran, but I'm slowly learning how the DL resort operates and what to consider when planning. I have heard that most of the area schools do not get out until around June 15th (which I was skeptical of because it seems very late), but I know that the Submarine Voyage opens on the 11th and I thought this might bring a ton of crowds to offset that.

So for those of you familiar with the parks, which week would be best for us? We do not want to go in early June because we want to see Submarine Voyage as much as anyone. And I know that it will still be crowded the 17-24, but I was thinking that maybe the majority of fans would get there the first week and then it would taper off a tad.

We are going to spend 5 days in the Disney parks and one day at Universal Hollywood, so we are hoping we will get to see everything at least once and our favorites multiple times.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

• Minion

Re: Which week should I make my first visit to Disneyland on?

Yes, the kiddies will be getting out of school around that time. Also, there might be some school groups going during the days before the 15th. I know my sister's HS senior class is taking a full day off to go week of the 11th.

17-24 could be just as bad because by then even more schools will be out for summer.

• Mouse Lounge Podcast Host

This is a 'splitting hairs' scenario. Pick the week that's best for YOUR schedule and simply plan on the parks being extraordinarily busy.

Apply your WDW knowledge, and you should be fine. Most important, prep the family for arriving at rope drop each day, taking a break in the mid-afternoon, and and enjoying the evening's activities at a leisurely pace.

A little hustle in the morning and trying not to do too much in a day will go a long long way.

• A Pirate's Life For Me

Quote Originally Posted by dxwwf3 View Post
    Hey guys, I'm planning our first vacation to Disneyland and now I've narrowed everything down to 2 possible weeks that we can go on. Either:

June 10 - 17

or

June 17 - 24

I am a WDW veteran, but I'm slowly learning how the DL resort operates and what to consider when planning. I have heard that most of the area schools do not get out until around June 15th (which I was skeptical of because it seems very late), but I know that the Submarine Voyage opens on the 11th and I thought this might bring a ton of crowds to offset that.

So for those of you familiar with the parks, which week would be best for us? We do not want to go in early June because we want to see Submarine Voyage as much as anyone. And I know that it will still be crowded the 17-24, but I was thinking that maybe the majority of fans would get there the first week and then it would taper off a tad.

We are going to spend 5 days in the Disney parks and one day at Universal Hollywood, so we are hoping we will get to see everything at least once and our favorites multiple times.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    With Finding Nemo planned for opening on June 11, I would choose the latter week. But I do not think it matters a great deal.

You might find some useful info here: "A DLR Guide for WDW Vets" www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30900

Thanks Hydro that was a great read.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

personally i would pick the earlier dates, less people out of school at that point and you can try to hit a soft opening ride of nemo (if they do them) on the 10th
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.