Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

PHOTO UPDATE 2/17: A look at Tom Sawyer Island, St. Patrick's Day merch, Subs, +MORE

Hello all! Yesterday was an awesome day at the parks. I scored over 1,000,000 points on Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters for the first time, ran into a pin trader in Downtown Disney with some awesome pins that I traded for, tried out Yamabuki for the first time, and had an all-around awesome time with good friend Peoplemover1. Here's a look at what's going on around Disneyland.

A LOOK AT TOM SAWYER ISLAND
    Here are some shots of what's going on around the Island. It's very interesting how Disney is taking absolutely no precautions with this - they're just doing it. No walls, no tarps, nothing. I mean, yellow "CAUTION" tape in full view, spray paint markings on rockwork, visible instruction tags, pallets with wood and other stuff in full view. Is this bad show, or is there just very little they can really do?

Looks like they're planning on widening the caves substantially for McAmerica's guests.

This big hole in the front of the Island was open.

A friend who works at Pirates said "they've stuck a well on our Island! They need to get off our Island." Seems like CMs along the River are a bit apprehensive to these changes as well. Its interesting, because it doesn't look new by any means. But in the same token, I don't recall ever seeing this out there, and apparently CMs don't either. Anyway, it sn't a well, but its somewhat similar in appearance. Anybody know what this is?

A raft was moored at the Settler's Cabin.

CAUTION!

MINE TRAIN BRIDGE WORK
    Not much has changed at all over at the site of the old Mine Train thru Nature's Wonderland bridge:

There's something orange hiding in the bushes...

A PEEK INSIDE THE CAVERNS
    Hmm...

Over at the Autopia exit ramp, the recently-installed photo booths are a congestion hazzard. I can only imagine how backed up this area will become on peak summer days after Nemo opens and people are flooding everything in Tomorrowland.

ST. PATRICK'S DAY MERCH

THIS & THAT
    The sky looked great last night at dusk:

...And Peoplemover1 (PMV - PeopleMoVer) was #1 at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters. Ridiculous! I'm downthere at #9 (AMG - AndyMasterGracey), but when I first ranked, I was #6 for the day... but after another ride-thru I was bumped down to #9....

Allllright-- that's it for this time.
    Last edited by MasterGracey; 02-18-2007 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Added the St. Patrick's day merch that I forgot.

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 2/17: A look at Tom Sawyer Island, St. Patrick's Day merch, Subs, +

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    A PEEK INSIDE THE CAVERNS
    Hmm...
    WOW, that's a serious something! It looks like a track of some sorts. Is it something that's used to transport things from one side to the other, or could it be an entirely new attraction?!

Thanks for the awesome pix!

...Joe...

• I Love Disneyland!!

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 2/17: A look at Tom Sawyer Island, St. Patrick's Day merch, Subs, +

Awesome update MasterGracey!! Especially the last picture! What happened to the picture that showed me up there at #1 and #4!!??? hahahaha
    Congrats to you for getting your first million!! Let the competition begin!

Great shots of the island! Thanks for your hard work.
    I'm addicted and I don't care!!!

• Minion

A major new Dl expansion.

Constructionland

Awesome pics and congrats on the AWESOME Buzz scores. Man I wish I was riding that right now!!

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

Quote Originally Posted by peoplemover1 View Post
    Awesome update MasterGracey!! Especially the last picture! What happened to the picture that showed me up there at #1 and #4!!??? hahahaha

Great shots of the island! Thanks for your hard work.
    Hey, #1 and #7 ain't half bad either!
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

Quote Originally Posted by peoplemover1 View Post
    What is the technique you use to attain such high scores ? Are you going for certain targets that have much higher values ? Are you repeatedly hitting said targets? Do you ever miss a shot ?

• Not like Crocodile Dundee

Adelaide, South Australia (8199 miles from DL)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JosephTNielsen View Post
    WOW, that's a serious something! It looks like a track of some sorts. Is it something that's used to transport things from one side to the other, or could it be an entirely new attraction?!
    Me thinks that's the Nemo sub's cavern. Look closely right hand side... neon fishes.
    Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

• Ex-DL parade float driver

Quote Originally Posted by JosephTNielsen View Post

Thanks for the awesome pix!

...Joe...
    Definitely. Its used to transport subs from one side to the other. LOL. If I'm not mistaken, this is the entrance of the show building for Nemo.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge" -Albert Einstein

• Not like Crocodile Dundee

Adelaide, South Australia (8199 miles from DL)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hidnmickey View Post
    Definitely. Its used to transport subs from one side to the other. LOL. If I'm not mistaken, this is the entrance of the show building for Nemo.
    Haha, beat you by this ->| |<- much
    Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
    DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

• Ex-DL parade float driver

Wink Re: PHOTO UPDATE 2/17: A look at Tom Sawyer Island, St. Patrick's Day merch, Subs, +

Quote Originally Posted by monotonehell View Post
    LOL. You only beat me because I went back and read the thread again to make sure I was reading it correctly.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge" -Albert Einstein

• Popular Princess

awesome pics as always! thanx for sharing!

i bow to your BLAB skills! i have never even come remotely close to 1,000,000!!!
    I'd rather be at Disneyland

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Me thinks that's the Nemo sub's cavern. Look closely right hand side... neon fishes.
    Quote Originally Posted by hidnmickey View Post
    Sorry, I guess I shouldn't have assumed that everybody would have known that was the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage cavern.

In Sleeping Beauty Castle's Darkest Chamber

Thanks for sharing! Wonderful report!

CHECK OUT MY NEW MUSIC LOOP THAT I DESIGNED
    FOR AUTUMN TIME AT DISNEYLAND!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL6fk6Ua54k

With kindest regards,
    Maleficent Fan

disneymusicsamples | magicmusic.net

• I Love Disneyland!!

Quote Originally Posted by tinkermonkey View Post
    Hey, #1 and #7 ain't half bad either!
    Oh! HAHAHAA I didn't even see that I was # 7 on that one! hahaha I just remember that I got #1 and #4. Thanks for pointing that out to an old lady! hahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by ravencroft View Post
    What is the technique you use to attain such high scores ? Are you going for certain targets that have much higher values ? Are you repeatedly hitting said targets? Do you ever miss a shot ?
    I aim my gun at the targets.
    yes
    yes
    No! hahahhahaaaa
    I'm addicted and I don't care!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast