Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Club 33 New Membership Expectations

For any of you who have been through the Club 33 membership process, can you elaborate on the membership process in detail, beginning with the contact from the Club after one has cleared the waitlist and is being offered a membership?
    Included with the application, is there more detailed and up-to-date information than was originally sent with the waitlist form?
    How long does the process take once the application is completed and the check sent in, and is there any sort of welcome and get acquainted with the new members?
    My searches have yielded lots of threads about how to get on the waiting list and the criteria for membership, but there isn't any info about the procedures and experiences once that wait is over.
    Is this all part of the mystique, and should I not be asking these questions? It's just I believe my time is at hand, and I could use any info I can get before I sign on the line as it were.

Thanks.
    Last edited by MagicKingdomBoy; 02-19-2007 at 01:31 AM.

Re: Club 33 New Membership Expectations

Quote Originally Posted by MagicKingdomBoy View Post
    For any of you who have been through the Club 33 membership process, can you elaborate on the membership process in detail, beginning with the contact from the Club after one has cleared the waitlist and is being offered a membership?
    Included with the application, is there more detailed and up-to-date information than was originally sent with the waitlist form?
    How long does the process take once the application is completed and the check sent in, and is there any sort of welcome and get acquainted with the new members?
    Not first-hand info, but reports from many new Members that write to me because of my Club 33 web site. My Club 33 web site (http://members.aol.com/opus1guy) has been active on the internet for 10 years now. It was the first dedicated web site to Club 33 and was one of the first on the internet to show photos and give details of it. As a result, many folks that first learned about Club 33 (or more details) via my web site way back 7 to 10 years ago, and soon after applied...have just recently been clearing the waitlists. Many of them I've stayed in touch with all these years.

Anyway...what they report is that when they get their letter of acceptance, they are given instructions on the amount and where to send the check. Usually within a week or so the check has cleared and the Club is notified that you've paid and then you're good to go. It will be a short while longer (another week or two) before you get your actual membership card...but you don't really need it. Just call the Club to inquire if you're a Member and get your membership number from them, and you'll be good to go for making reservations and you can pick up your comp passes at Guest Relation temporarily until your card arrives, in lieu of a membership card at the Main Gate.

You'll then get your official welcome letter, membership card, and Member Terms and Member Benefits guidebooks by mail. (Occasionally the Terms and Benefits guides arrive with the acceptance letter...this seems to be sometimes inconsistent).

But again...you don't have to wait for those to arrive. You can call the Club and get going a bit earlier if you want. Just give them about a week or so after sending in your check before calling.

There's no official welcoming or anything else on your first visit to the Club as a Member. You may wish to notify the Manager prior to your first visit however, to advise them of your first visit and inquire if they might be available for introductions. This might get you a more formal welcome, and perhaps a chance to get answers to any questions you feel the printed materials might not address. If the Manager is not working the day of your first visit...try again on your next. You certainly want to introduce yourself to them.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicKingdomBoy
    Is this all part of the mystique, and should I not be asking these questions? It's just I believe my time is at hand, and I could use any info I can get before I sign on the line as it were.
    There's nothing wrong with asking questions. I just don't know what good knowing the answers in advance will do for you. The stuff the Club will send you will pretty much direct you to what you need to do. If it were me...I honestly wouldn't be giving it much thought and would simply wait for the letter to arrive, and then do what it instructs. I think you'll find here's really no mystique to it at all. It's really all so simple. You pay your money, and you're good to go. I know a lot of people sort of hope for or expect something much more elaborate...some sort of initiation or special handshake or something. But it's really not that at all. It's all rather low key and simple...from what I understand.

All that said...I can report that most new Members that correspond with me, say that no matter how jaded they are about stuff like this...that when that Club 33 Membership Card finally arrives in its "Welcome to Club 33" card jacket...that it's then that they really get a chill and feel they are indeed finally a Member. Many report that they either get on the phone at once and ask for the next table no matter what date...or even jump in the car and head down to Disneyland just to try out their membership card at the Main Gate. Even if they've already been to the Club many times by that point.

I even have 2 emails from new Members that both wrote independently of doing the same thing: Holding a little ceremony where they cut their Annual Pass in two!
    Last edited by Opus1guy; 02-19-2007 at 03:27 AM.

• Knight that says Nee!!

That's a great website on the club Opus. So, does Club 33 membership now include access into the park? I had heard (I think on a tour) that it didn't, that you still had to have an AP or ticket ect to get into the park, even if you were a member of Club 33.

• Choosy Moms Choose Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy Daddy View Post
    That's a great website on the club Opus. So, does Club 33 membership now include access into the park? I had heard (I think on a tour) that it didn't, that you still had to have an AP or ticket ect to get into the park, even if you were a member of Club 33.
    The one time that I had the wonderful opportunity to visit Club 33, my tickets were complimentary. The stipulation was that I had to dine at Club 33 that evening. I believe, and please correct me if i'm wrong, that if I didn't dine at Club 33 the day I used the pass, the membership that was allowing me to be there would be charged a fee.

The cool thing is that the pass was a park hopper. I have it around here somewhere if you want to see a pic.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy Daddy View Post
    The Gold membership (lowest one) includes the equivilent of 2 premium APs. The difference being they are guaranteed entry to the park, even at capacity (they hold capacity at a level that members only can enter (not guests.)

If you are a guest of a member having dinner at Club 33, you will get comp tickets to get in. If you "forget" to go to dinner, the member will be billed or the tickets.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Opus, once again, thank you very much for your insightful responses. You should have a 1-800 info line! hehe
    There's nothing wrong with asking questions. I just don't know what good knowing the answers in advance will do for you.
    Well, it's helping me grapple with the final countdown wait! I've struggled with patience all my life, and if nothing else, this has been an exercise in patience. Additionally, it is helpful to know the protocol, or lack thereof. The fact that it's simple and low key is very helpful to know.
    I even have 2 emails from new Members that both wrote independently of doing the same thing: Holding a little ceremony where they cut their Annual Pass in two!
    Great idea!!

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    The Gold membership (lowest one) includes the equivilent of 2 premium APs. The difference being they are guaranteed entry to the park, even at capacity (they hold capacity at a level that members only can enter (not guests.)

If you are a guest of a member having dinner at Club 33, you will get comp tickets to get in. If you "forget" to go to dinner, the member will be billed [for] the tickets.
    Correct. But not only billed for the tickets, but billed the Club's no-show fee as well. Ouch!

Also correct on the Club 33 Membership card being a sort of Premium Annual Pass Plus. The card admits the Member and one guest (anyone they wish) to both Parks 365 days a year on a complimentary basis, even if they do not dine at the Club.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t
    The Gold membership (lowest one)...
    Just to be clear...we're talking lowest priced. Not lowest benefits. With the exception of Silver memberships (which are no longer offered)...all other levels get Gold cards with equal benefits. The only reason for the higher priced memberships is additional transferablity of membership, and the ability to add some additional cards to your account...depending on the type.

• Still lost in Neverland

So, out of curiosity just how much is the lowest gold membership? I have heard figures that seem out of range of most people, like me, so I just wonder if anyone knows what the current membership fee is and how long the wait for that first letter is?
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• No marbles to begin with!

I'd like to know how and where do I sign up for the wait list.
    My campus elevator smells like burned hair and won't drop faster than the pull of gravity, no matter how much I scream.

To the above 2 posters:

This thread...

http://micechat.com/forums/disneyland-resort/33084-applying-club-33-membership.html

...contains just about everything you need to know about applying for membership and joining Club 33, and even a lot you don't need to know.

It also contains some mis-information, so please read all posts carefully. Correct prices are listed at Post #20.

• Knight of Naughtyness

Quote Originally Posted by MagicKingdomBoy View Post
    It's just I believe my time is at hand, and I could use any info I can get before I sign on the line as it were.
    When did you put your name on the list?
    -Osky

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Before we totally disregard extremism; lets remember the lesson of the 3 little pigs.

The moderate pig lost his house to the wolf too
    .-- .. .-.. .-.. / .- -. -.-- --- -. . / -... --- - .... . .-. / - --- / - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - . / - .... .. ... ..--..

MagicKingdomBoy...I don't mean to burst your bubble or anything, but I do feel I should convey some information (albeit some conflicting) about current wait times for membership, and your speculation/hope that "my time is at hand."

I have two emails from different people that state they cleared the waitlist in 2005 and 2006 respectively. One can never know if these people are "for real" or are just some persons living in Fantasyland and blowing smoke my way. But they both have corresponded with me several times over the years, if that means anything.

Still...another very reliable source told me that Club 33 has not had a single member quit or die in the last 2 years, and that no new memberships have been issued in that time (perhaps other than a couple of "special cases").

So as I think you can see, an estimated wait time of 7 or 8 years can quickly extend beyond that fairly easily at the whim of the wind.

Also...as the Club usually waits a bit for all the stragglers' checks to get in, and for Accounts Receivable to close out their final tally of the membership roster...it's usually not until after April that they'll know if they have any spots available at all this year.

Again...that was just some FYI for you.

I see Osky just asked the same question I was going to ask of you.

• Knight of Naughtyness

Quote Originally Posted by Opus1guy View Post
    I see Osky just asked the same question I was going to ask of you.
    The last time I had a definitive answer was when I was at the club for the CP brunch on Dec. 3, 2006. At that point, I asked Sioux, and she said they were still on 1999. Turnover has been slow and they have the most interest they have ever had in the club. She said the list was now over 1,000 names, with a significant number coming around the time of the publicity for the 50th. The club was featured in some articles around the 50th and it impacted the wait list significantly.

added: In December of 2005, when I asked they were also on 1999. So this, along with some other comments that Sioux made, lead me to believe that what Opus1Guy said is correct. 8-10 was being tossed around, but that is still subject to change.
    Last edited by Osky; 02-19-2007 at 01:12 PM.
    -Osky

Before we totally disregard extremism; lets remember the lesson of the 3 little pigs.

.-- .. .-.. .-.. / .- -. -.-- --- -. . / -... --- - .... . .-. / - --- / - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - . / - .... .. ... ..--..

• Minion

Last I had heard, the info Opus is posting is right. I too had heard no new memberships had occurred since 2005. (No one died or failed to pay their memberships.) I've been on the list since 2002, my aunt has been on the list since 1998. (She was contacted, but as she had moved... They placed her back on the list, said "Soon", so we are still waiting.) My son is on the list also, he figures by the time he makes it to the top, he may have a job and might be able to afford it!
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Knight of Naughtyness

my aunt has been on the list since 1998. (She was contacted, but as she had moved... They placed her back on the list, said "Soon", so we are still waiting.)
    I assume they put her back on near the top? They seem to have a lot of people that fail to notify them when they move, and they end up with a bunch of returned letters or receive no reply at all.

My son is on the list also, he figures by the time he makes it to the top, he may have a job and might be able to afford it!
    I know several who have done the same. Not a bad idea since it is looking like it is much more than 10 years out for people who sign up now. When did your son sign up?
    -Osky

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast