Disneyland RESORT President

Now that it looks like the Disney cruise line will be making some sort of permanent birth here in LA, do you think that Matt Ouimet will be focusing on getting that going and lose sight of all that still needs to be done the Lands?

• Again! Again! Again!

No. He's on a mission!
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Jack
    Now that it looks like the Disney cruise line will be making some sort of permanent birth here in LA, do you think that Matt Ouimet will be focusing on getting that going and lose sight of all that still needs to be done the Lands?
    Matt Ouimet was the cruise line president... he is how the Disneyland Resort President. Karl Holz is the current cruise line prez. The Disney Magic is scheduled to return to Florida Sept. 3, 2005. Here's an interesting article regarding the West Coast cruises:

http://allearsnet.com/dlr/news/50th6.htm
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

I don't think the Disney Cruise Line in California is permanent. It's only for the 50th Anniversary Celebration... And Matt isn't head of Disney Cruise Lines anymore, he's President of Disneyland... The Cruise Line is now the last of his worries -- he's got a whole other park to worry about now that Disneyland is all pretty again and Tomorrowland is on the fast track to being the place it should be.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

But he is based out of Florida, someone with cruise line experience would be needed to set up a perminat line here in SoCal.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

If Disney were to set up a permanent cruise presence on the West Coast, it could still be overseen by a Florida-based president. Plane tickets are easy to get. Perhaps a local manager and staff would be required. I'm sure that both Mr. Ouimet and Mr. Holz could recommend a qualified candidate to Mr. Iger.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Never Look Back

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Jack
    But he is based out of Florida, someone with cruise line experience would be needed to set up a perminat line here in SoCal.
    Thats sounds good, but the reason they are in Florida is because Disney owns their own private island in the Bahamas. They leave Florida and make their way to the island, it is part of their whole experience. Cruises down to Mexico are a dime a dozen here in California, and frankly I think Disney would lose money if they made a permanent cruise line down here. It is nice for it to be here for the 50th, but I would much rather cruise to their private island than Mexico!