Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• It's all nonsense

Bad Service at DTD

We had some bad service experiences at Downtown Disney this weekend. Which included being ignored by the counter workers at Labrea Bakery who are supposed to take your order, and the walk up Jazz Kitchen place losing our order and blatantly lying about what they were out of.

I typically get good service from these types of places. Maybe it was just a bad weekend? Anyone else get bad service from DTD locations?

• Neep meep beep

Re: Bad Service at DTD

With the very notable exception of Tortilla Jo's, not usually. It all depends on who's working, and/or the management and policies in place, I suppose.

• Ultimate Margarita Time!

I usually have very bad service over at the Rainforest Cafe...Now I just avoid it all together...

•   
    • Blind to His Own Faults

Mrs. Swab and I always eat at the sit-down RB Jazz Kitchen, and have never experienced a problem. Never experienced any great service there either, however.
    LaBrea has always been an efficient breakfast spot for us.
    It's always a drag to experience bad dining service, as it makes it difficult to enjoy the meal that you are paying for.

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Richard=fun View Post
    I usually have very bad service over at the Rainforest Cafe...Now I just avoid it all together...
    Over the anniversary weekend, the DMCA had a group breakfast at The Rainforest Cafe and had SERIOUSLY bad service. I wont go to that one again.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• Senior Minion

My first time at LaBrea Bakery I had decent service, but since then it's been nothing but bad ... I almost have to stand on the counter and yell to get somebody to notice me.

• :)

always have had good service at the ESPN Zone

• Comin' at ya!

I've never had bad experiences there really...Only in gift shops
    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

• A New Kind Of Villain

Personally, I've NEVER had good service at RB Jazz Kitchen.

The first time I went there I waited 2 whole hours for my Bread Pudding. Thankfully they didn't charge me for it.

Phillip and I had our first date there. Not only was the service slow, but the waiter thought he was on the Jungle Cruise and kept telling us bad awkward jokes, ESPECIALLY considering a first date is awkward enough. For example, when Phillip ordered Calamari as an appetizer, he gives this big grin and said "Aha! Squid! I know what you're thinking about doing tonight!"; and then when we ordered drinks, he took Phillip's order, and after asking me what I wanted to drink, he leans closer to my ear and says "Just remember, the more you drink, the better he looks."

Then when my family was in town, we had a reservation considering how big our group was, and we still ended up waiting over an hour and a half just to be seated.

I avoid that restaurant like the plague unless others insist on it.
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

• Neep meep beep

Quote Originally Posted by mulishaCM View Post
    always have had good service at the ESPN Zone
    I can second that. Great service there, in fact, and fast too. And delicious. Make sure to say hi to and/or tip generously Cynthia - she works hard.

• Queen of Sarcasm

It is mostly hit and miss. On busy days Rainforest is horrible. There have been many times where I have been waiting and they have "forgotten" to call me. Once I had to wait an hour and half for a table even though my wait time was quoted at 45 minutes because of the same thing happening.

Naples is okay but it is nothing really spectacular. I think the food is overpriced for what you get but I guess you are to come and expect that at most places now. I don't have any other complaints about the place though, then again I have only eaten there twice.

Ralph Brennan's I avoid if at all possible. Never had good service at the place. Do yourself a favor next time and don't even bother.

The only place that I really like and have had no problems with is ESPN Zone. They have good food, good atmosphere and the drinks are pretty good also. It is overall a great value and an added plus for some people is the arcade upstairs.

I have never eaten at Tortilla Joe's or La Brea so I don't know about those places.

• Jake Finch

Angry Re: Bad Service at DTD

What do you expect? They're not Disney owned or operated businesses -- the space is just leased. The ONLY Disney training they have is Traditions, which is Resort Orientation. I'm a Concierge at a Disney property hotel. When I made a recent call to Catal to book a table for a Guest, the young lady on the other end of the line told me something was disfunctional in the the restaurant, and that it was my fault because she's on Disney property. HELLO! Clearly, if her team took care of the space they're using, no one would point fingers. That's all.

• Minion

Blog Entries

I have nothing but problems at Rain Forrest Cafe. Not to mention the food is horrible. I hate it when people ask me if that place is any good. I do however love Naples. The only issue I had was their was a girl outside who told me that I needed to go inside to put my name on the list and then when I did go inside the guy yelled at me and told me I had to wait outside for someone to come out. When I told him that I was told to come inside he was like well you were told wrong so get back outside. I was so mad I was tempted to leave at that moment, but I was there for my birthday and I knew once I got seated it would all be ok. Which it was. It was just those few moments of frustration.

• It's all nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEIGHTELEVEN View Post
    What do you expect? They're not Disney owned or operated businesses -- the space is just leased. The ONLY Disney training they have is Traditions, which is Resort Orientation.
    So we should expect bad service? I don't agree. I get better service at my local burger joint then I get from multiple places in DTD. Call me crazy but when I walk up to order something from anywhere I would imagine someoneone would eventually help me, unlike Labrea Bakery.

• Queen of Sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEIGHTELEVEN View Post
    What do you expect? They're not Disney owned or operated businesses -- the space is just leased. The ONLY Disney training they have is Traditions, which is Resort Orientation. I'm a Concierge at a Disney property hotel. When I made a recent call to Catal to book a table for a Guest, the young lady on the other end of the line told me something was disfunctional in the the restaurant, and that it was my fault because she's on Disney property. HELLO! Clearly, if her team took care of the space they're using, no one would point fingers. That's all.
    I think the girl was just having a bad day but I find it hard to believe the person would tell you that.

I think everyone on here knows that beyond a couple of stores and carts the spaces are rented out to non Disney establishments. Saying that, I don't think we should just blow it off because they are not operated by Disney. The resturants over there tend to sell themselves as higher end. Since this is the case they should offer the same for their customer service. The McDonald's by my house has offered me better customer service at times than some places at DTD.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast