Fireworks schedule

I am going to DL March 18-23. The schedule at Disneyland.com shows the fireworks are only scheduled for Sunday, March 18. I thought the fireworks were an almost nightly thing depending on weather conditions. The Electric Parade is also only scheduled for the 18th. This means that we will watch the Electric Parade at 8:45pm and then have to hurry over to DL to catch the fireworks at 9:25pm. I was hoping to catch the fireworks another night. It just seems odd that the fireworks would only be scheduled for 1 out of the 5 nights that we're going to be there.

• Done waiting!!

Re: Fireworks schedule

I've tried a few times and it's IMPOSSIBLE to see both the MSEP (I refuse to take "Main Street" out of the name) and fireworks in one night unless you're okay with watching the fireworks from the plaza between the two parks. The crush to get into DL causes a wait that's just long enough for you to hear all the fireworks on the other side of the train station. If you're alright with seeing the show from the plaza though then you'll be alright.

• Basking in birthday love

During the off-season, fireworks only run on weekends. The week you're looking at is the first week of the Spring Break season, which lasts almost two months, and is the least busy week of the season, so they're not planning on crowds as heavy as they'll expect in the following weeks, which means reduced entertainment offerings.

Personally, I'm a little surprised they're even scheduled on a Sunday. Disneyland has to be much more aware of its neighbors than the other resorts around the world, so generally fireworks don't run on school nights.

Cinderella IV: The Bloodening

"It's okay, Beaker, we're scientists. We get paid to fail."

• "714"

IMO you wont be able to do both and have the best seats in the house. Rushing over to see the fireworks will be a hassle. TRUST ME. The fireworks are always crowded so by the time you got over to DL you might be standing behind someone with a kid on their shoulder. I would catch it another time. Your gonna have to pick between the two.

NO DOUBT SUMMER 09 TOUR!
    MAY 22 SAN DIEGO/AUG 2 IRVINE

Quote Originally Posted by goofypirate View Post
    I've tried a few times and it's IMPOSSIBLE to see both the MSEP (I refuse to take "Main Street" out of the name) and fireworks in one night unless you're okay with watching the fireworks from the plaza between the two parks. The crush to get into DL causes a wait that's just long enough for you to hear all the fireworks on the other side of the train station. If you're alright with seeing the show from the plaza though then you'll be alright.
    It's possible, but difficult. The trick is, surprisingly, not to watch the parade from Sunshine Plaza, but from the Pier. The couple of times I've done it, we've sat right next to Golden Dreams. This way, the second the parade is over, you can book it through Golden State and beat the end of the parade to Sunshine Plaza, putting you just ahead of the crowds, and giving you just enough time to get to Main Street before there's anything to see. (The first shells aren't launched until nearly a full minute into the show.) However, I don't really recommend doing this, because it's very stressful and requires a great deal of speed and luck to pull off. You'll probably have to choose one over the other.

• Neep meep beep

^^I completely agree. We saw the ELP from the very beginning - near the gate where it enters DCA, and then hightailed it to the exit gates and into Disneyland - with a stroller. We were definitely able to "outrun" the parade and make it into Disneyland in time for the fireworks to start, but like Aerinpegadrak said, you'll be huffing, puffing, and sweating, most likely.

• Done waiting!!

I've tried it from Golden Dreams before too although that was during the Chirstmas fireworks. If you can pull it off then more power to you.

• Minion

Blog Entries

My trick is that I own the CD that has the fireworks song. And I put the song on my Cell Phone. When the fireworks start to go off, I just sit inbetween the parks and play the song off of my cell phone. You can't see everything, but pretty close...

If I choose the fireworks over the MSEP and then the firworks get canceled due to high winds, etc then we'll miss both. Oh dear lord, I'm about ready to freak right out.

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

They're not even going to show the fireworks on Friday, the 23rd? If I had to choose between the two, I'd go with the fireworks.

Friday, the 23rd is our last day and we'll be leaving around lunchtime. If it was just me and my kids we might try to hurry and do both, however my parents are going to be with us and they are both retired and don't do anything in a hurry.

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by Tink1969 View Post
    Friday, the 23rd is our last day and we'll be leaving around lunchtime. If it was just me and my kids we might try to hurry and do both, however my parents are going to be with us and they are both retired and don't do anything in a hurry.
    Oh...That sucks.

Since your parents are least mobile, leave it up to them to choose. If they don't really want to see the parade, they can save your seats for the fireworks so you can scurry between parks. Also, by that point in March, the Santa Ana wind system has moved on, so cancellations due to high wind are less likely. Not unheard of, but less likely.

• Minion

I am going to DL March 18-23. The schedule at Disneyland.com shows the fireworks are only scheduled for Sunday, March 18. I thought the fireworks were an almost nightly thing depending on weather conditions. The Electric Parade is also only scheduled for the 18th. This means that we will watch the Electric Parade at 8:45pm and then have to hurry over to DL to catch the fireworks at 9:25pm. I was hoping to catch the fireworks another night. It just seems odd that the fireworks would only be scheduled for 1 out of the 5 nights that we're going to be there.
    They will have fireworks the 18th and 23rd. As school is in session during the week, I doubt they would have fireworks. During the off season, fireworks are generally only on Friday - Sunday nights.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.