Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Mousketeer

Re: DLR Live Webcam?

Quote Originally Posted by NapoleonD View Post
    I do not buy the idea that being able to see inside the park will lead to a decreases in attendance. I would argue that it is more likely to increase attendance. Seeing people have fun makes me want to be there enjoying the Park rather than sitting on the side lines watching.

And for people who live a distance from the resort, veiwing a web cam keeps the Park in the forefront of their minds, right where Disney would want their Park to be when a person is deciding where to spend their money on a vacation.
    Whether it is a rational belief on thier part or not, and in spite of whether you believe it or not, I know this is a concern for the parks.

• I am a Pluto lover

I would love to watch DLR webcams! I only get to go once a year and being as addicted as I am this would help me inbetween trips.

I have to figure out how to see Autopia and Star Tours, thanks for sharing that!

I agree that the webcams would keep more people thinking about the park.
    I think the cameras would be a big plus for the park.

I also think we all need to start letting the big wigs at the park know this.
    Mellymouse

(do you think the Finding Nemo Subs line will be under 3 hours by then?)

• Gobble GOBBLE

Quote Originally Posted by Yendorb View Post
    Whether it is a rational belief on thier part or not, and in spite of whether you believe it or not, I know this is a concern for the parks.
    I don't know what Disney's reasoning behind not having web cams in the parks as I have not read or heard an official statement. Since I have not seen an official response, I do accept the assumption that Disney feels live cams would have a negative impact on attendance. That said, I believe now, and will continue to believe, such a position, that live cams hurt attendance, is bunk.

But that's just one guys opinion.
    That was wonderful! Bravo! I loved that! Ah, that was great! Well, it was pretty good. Well, it wasn't bad. Uh, there were parts of it that weren't very good though. It could have been a lot better. I didn't really like it. It was pretty terrible. It was bad. It was awful! It was terrible! Take 'em away! Boo! Boo!

• Gobble GOBBLE

Quote Originally Posted by MellyMouse View Post
    I also think we all need to start letting the big wigs at the park know this.
    I agree! Riots on Main Street!

Or we can all just ask politely.
    That was wonderful! Bravo! I loved that! Ah, that was great! Well, it was pretty good. Well, it wasn't bad. Uh, there were parts of it that weren't very good though. It could have been a lot better. I didn't really like it. It was pretty terrible. It was bad. It was awful! It was terrible! Take 'em away! Boo! Boo!

• Hiding in the shadows

I can see both sides of webcams, I mean I cant go to the park, say today but would love to view a webcam of different areas of the park. Webcams woudl also be a benefit fo rthose that are not locals to entice them to come visit the parks, basically extended advertiesments. However if it was a day that I could go and I viewed the webcam and say it was busy, would that stop me from going, or if viewing it gave me enough of my fix, would I no longer "need" to drive 57 miles to visit the park?

Even as an AP holder, I wonder what impact a live cam would have on me and my attendance. If I just want to check out a couple things, and I can do even half of that from a web cam, woudl I make the drive for the rest...I guess it would depend on what it was.

Anyway, either way, I agree...I want live webcams especially for the days I cant go.

• I am a Pluto lover

I can see what you mean about a possible deterent, seeing how crowded the parks are, but I do not belive that it would take the place of being there. I do not think it would be "enough of a fix". For me, just watching isnt the same as actually being there. You have to feel the rides and smell the churros and taste the fried chicken! Watching the park gets me more anxious for my trip.

I also think it would help get kids more excited about going. If they could "explore" some of the park before going then they can look for those sections once they are there.
    Mellymouse

• DLR...

Thank you mucho for this! Its just what I need for my Disney Fix...besides playing VMK, watching ride videos, and listening to Disneyland soundtracks

i've been watching the HoJo cam. does anyone have another cam?

• I am a Pluto lover

Quote Originally Posted by jawnjarvis View Post
    i've been watching the HoJo cam. does anyone have another cam?

Ive been searching... havent found another one yet. I know someone mentioned one the news station uses but I think they are the only ones who have access.
    Mellymouse

• Gobble GOBBLE

Watching the park gets me more anxious for my trip.
    I agree completely. And that's the point I was trying to make- despite that Disney may feel that it would deter attendance, I think people (like you and me) would be encouraged to go to the Park by watching the live cams. I KNOW it's true for me!

I'm not very good at this quoting thing. Sorry.
    Last edited by NapoleonD; 02-21-2007 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Can't quote properly

• I am a Pluto lover

I do believe I will email DL tonight. Not that my one email will do much but maybe they will say why they do not have cameras.

Maybe if they see the discussion here it will push them to install them.

I just know that 3 months is a long time to wait and I NEED A FIX!
    Mellymouse

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

Talking Re: DLR Live Webcam?

No one was supposed to find out about this cam! now we have to wait longer to control it! nooo, I'm just kidding, I was actually coming to post this thread! looks like you beat me to it.

• I am a Pluto lover

Quote Originally Posted by FantasyWatersDude View Post
    No one was supposed to find out about this cam! now we have to wait longer to control it! nooo, I'm just kidding, I was actually coming to post this thread! looks like you beat me to it.

Yea... I thought about that too when I had to wait 5 minutes for the camera!

But I knew I had to share it with everyone here! So its all good!
    Mellymouse

• I am a Pluto lover

Quote Originally Posted by NapoleonD View Post
    (By the way, the Park recently trimmed some trees so a keen camera operator can get a glimpse of Autopia cars and a corner of the Monorail loading dock. Not to mention a great veiw down Tomorrowland to Star Tours and Astro Orbitior.)

ok.. I have been trying all dang day. I would love to see Star Tours or Astro Orbitior. I can not find them. Someone had the camera at Space Mountain earlier. I can only seem to move the camera to face the wall...
    Mellymouse

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

ok.. I have been trying all dang day. I would love to see Star Tours or Astro Orbitior. I can not find them. Someone had the camera at Space Mountain earlier. I can only seem to move the camera to face the wall...
    there are pre selected area for you to go through, space or the others you mentioned is not part of them, however using the arrows to get you to the right area will take a long time since it is delayed so much and hard to focus etc.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast